View Single Post

Phyreblade
10.28.2012 , 01:02 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Lith_Ragond View Post
So, in the Sith Warrior story, you get Malavai Quinn right? Well, low and behold, he BETRAYS you. And what does BioWare force you to do? FORGIVE HIM and let hims till tag along. I'm sorry, but this was the first time I felt the story crafted by BW really betrayed my character. He's 100% Darkside, true blood Sith. Never made a single light choice and hit Dark 5 before hitting level 40.

I understand Quinn is a companion, and kind of a major one at that, but I sure as hell wanted to kill him! I don't care I'd be down one companion, there's no freaking way my character would allow him to live! At least give us the choice (marked EXTREMELY clearly for those "special" players) to do what we want, until that point, BW had crafted a wonderful story with plenty of choices to craft your character. Now it just feels forced. The story, dialogue, and voice acting are what set this game apart, this just broke one of those stories!

So now, to play my character how I want him to be, I've got to see if upgrading my little droid can replace Quinn as my healer. Not cool BioWare, not cool.
It never ceases to amaze me, the superficial appreciation for the story these sorts of posts demonstrate. It's as if you can't see beyond the most simple meanings of light and dark, as if to be dark means you're nothing but a rampaging animal who can't really think, for even a moment, who the real antagonist in this situation is. Like, you just stop, right there. You don't think where you've been, what you've done, nor what you're trying to accomplish, who it is you're really trying to beat. No, you're just right there and all you can see is what is being carefully orchestrated for you to see.

Me? My warrior was pissed at BARAS after the Transponder Station. Because it was Baras who worked to weaken my warrior, to deprive her of a valuable asset, to emotionally ravage her even as she sought to defeat him. Nothing else made sense, certainly not the spew of lies that came from Quinn himself.

Seriously, anyway. You're going to buy into the idiotic rationale that he's going to support the dude who saved his job? After he's repeatedly demonstrated his tremendous regard for the Empire and then watched you become the Emperor's Wrath, seen you meet the Voice of the Emperor himself? After you've helped him recoup his name and his place, kill Broysc, even nab that silly Republic spy he's hunted for years?

It's so obvious Quinn is being coerced into acting precisely as he's acting right then. And why? Because someone wants you to be WEAKER! Quinn is a purely valuable asset, a brilliant strategist, a tactical genius. He runs and pilots your ship, your navigation, your friggin' medical bay. To deny you that asset is a pure coup on the part of your nemesis. So he does -- something -- to make Quinn take you to that Transponder Station, set you up. And maybe you die but probably not and if not you kill Quinn and lose one of your best assets. Heck, for Baras it's a total win-win either way.

And here you are, crying because you can't give Baras his win over you? You're here trying to describe why your warrior is so much more stupid than the Darth he's contending with? What sort of Wrath are you?
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix