2.0 Crit and surge rating

Paasch

i tend to pars better with small amount of crit at 21%. i just have the 2 crit-surge implants and all power augments. 99.97 acc and 65% Surge. But i cant pull higher the 2600 dps on the ship dummy before they changed it.

My experience echos what has been said here. All power will work fine with Annhi, with buffs and strength you should stil have ~15-18% melee crit with 0 in crit stat 20-24% force crit. Consistently gives some of the highest DPS results for me using the default level gear on PTS. When you do some quick and dirty maths it would appear that putting points into crit will not compensate the loss in power with the gear levels available on PTS, especially given the drop in surge.

However, I got very simillar DPS results using a little crit, up to 23% melee. Higher than that and my DPS droped off as I lost too much bonus damage. When I break down my logs the damage is the same with a little extra crit not because of the crit damage compensating for drop in bonus damage but because with more crit you build more rage and spend less attacks on rage building attacks and end up fitting more filler rage spending or high dps attacks into your rotation, e.g more Ravage, saber throw and VS less assault over the same log period.

Given my experience I'm likely to run with 20-25% crit, as the change in your rotation makes up for the loss of bonus damage and you'll gain more self heals than a pure power build. I also have found a little more crit more interesting to play than the pure power build, because of the rage building mechanic when you crit on a bleeding target. Interesting side note proc damage relics that crit their proc on a bleeding target will also give you rage, nice little extra incentive to use those.

I see accuracy as to 100% as a must and I want to spend more time playing with alacrity but so far I'm not impressed, just seems to mess up when abilities come off cool down realtive to the GCD which I find distracting.

My experience echos what has been said here. All power will work fine with Annhi, with buffs and strength you should stil have ~15-18% melee crit with 0 in crit stat 20-24% force crit. Consistently gives some of the highest DPS results for me using the default level gear on PTS. When you do some quick and dirty maths it would appear that putting points into crit will not compensate the loss in power with the gear levels available on PTS, especially given the drop in surge.

However, I got very simillar DPS results using a little crit, up to 23% melee. Higher than that and my DPS droped off as I lost too much bonus damage. When I break down my logs the damage is the same with a little extra crit not because of the crit damage compensating for drop in bonus damage but because with more crit you build more rage and spend less attacks on rage building attacks and end up fitting more filler rage spending or high dps attacks into your rotation, e.g more Ravage, saber throw and VS less assault over the same log period.

Given my experience I'm likely to run with 20-25% crit, as the change in your rotation makes up for the loss of bonus damage and you'll gain more self heals than a pure power build. I also have found a little more crit more interesting to play than the pure power build, because of the rage building mechanic when you crit on a bleeding target. Interesting side note proc damage relics that crit their proc on a bleeding target will also give you rage, nice little extra incentive to use those.

I see accuracy as to 100% as a must and I want to spend more time playing with alacrity but so far I'm not impressed, just seems to mess up when abilities come off cool down realtive to the GCD which I find distracting.

Thanks for your input man. i would for now stay away from Alacrity for anni. it's not worth it

Agree tried it this weekend and although I do get more attacks over 5 minutes, including 2-3 extra Annhi's the crit damage is too low so the extra attacks don't compenstate from the 3 runs I did. This might be because of our auto crit when using Beserk. What I did notice which was odd is that even though I didn't touch Accuracy I missed a lot more on each run 9-10% vs 6-7%. Don't know if it just random or bug but from the 10 runs I did the 3 with high aclarity were all missing more. (?)

More research on Crit has led me to the conclusion that 0 crit or 1-2 mods of crit at most gives the most consistent result. Tried this out in HM S&V and works quite nicely but being out DPSed but PT almost always and Jugs for fights where you have down time and loose Annhi and stance stacks.

Most fun though is to have mox up and use double saber throw when the tank has a group of 8-10 ads around him, I instant hit with one throw for 35k! I'm going to go to a low level flashpoint and gather all the trash together to see how much damage can be done as no limit on number of targets effected. :D

Edited by Thufir_Hawat

more alacraty = more white damage compared to specials, so a higher % of attacks is offhand attacks. All misses are offhand attacks so naturally your miss % will go up a bit with a high haste build.