Holy crap at IA story and ending!

Smashbrother

I had to keep out of this thread which has been very hard lol but completed my story last night and I thought it was excellent :)

I am the type that is oblivious to plot hints so Hunter being a girl took me back, I half expected the disguise, but was expecting a familiar face not a girl.

The

code word

made me mad, which I think is how a good plot should play out.

I can't really think of anything in the story that I disliked, and being a kind of Imperial A-Team is a good ending :) Being recognised on the Imperial fleet is a bit strange though, as is getting quests from Sith because I would have expected

someone to know about the dead sith on the Star Cabal station.

I even liked the RP aspect of it, I started out pretty much DS all the way until Jadus. At that point I started being a loyal Imperial (With the obey or die attitude, though without the xenophobia), but anti-Sith which gave me LS choices here and there which kept things interesting. Though of course now I am doomed to multiple BT runs to get my DS points.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there done that with BT runs Darkstar. If you don't diplomacy as a profession, its worth it to get which ever side you want instead doing BT runs. Though I did do that to get my DS side. Of course there is the social points you could accumulate too with others. Much faster alone though.

Just finished my class story last night, and holy crap!1!! The story had been full of awesome twists and turns, but that ending reveal just blasted my mind. It's about as crazy good as playing KOTOR for the first time and finding out you're Revan. I went full light side on my IA, and I felt so great. I saw how really terrible the Sith were even to their own allies--they treat non Sith like 2nd class citizens--and it felt really good to be able to change the Empire for the better in my own way. We are like the Night's Watch from Game Of Thrones. Unlike the other classes I've played where they get a huge celebration and awards, nobody really knows who I am, or what I've done, but the galaxy is a much better place because of the things I've done. Truly an unsung hero for the ages!

I've played JK, JC, Trooper, and IA and IA is definitely the best story of the classes I've done so far. The only complaint I have is that I don't get to find out what happens to a certain dark lord of the sith, but hopefully that will get fleshed out when the new class stories come out next year.

For whatever whining and QQ that exist about SWTOR, the class stories are the best and I'm really really glad I played an IA.

Welcome to the awesomeness of the IA story line :p

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished the story on the weekend, and I have to say the Hunter reveal didn't feel right to me... at least not entirely. Because of all the back and forth between my agent and hunter that I really got into and enjoyed. Hunter sort of walked the line of being creepy and affectionate to her... a line that didn't make as much sense after the reveal,

I would have been okay with it more if he just turned out to be a different race or even and old man or something.

Not that I think a woman can't walk that line, I just found him more intimidating and then when I defeat him and he turns into a weak, suicidal, emo girl it hurt the character for me. Maybe if she didn't seem so hopeless after the defeat and kept the cocky charm (but then I suppose it gets into the same-sex realm).

I don't know, overall I loved the story and even the ending, however I think my agent would have considered running off with hunter since

Vector doesn't seem to care when she even married the voss and consummated it as well. (I did like that he at least said something before she went through with the wedding part).

I don't know, overall I loved the story and even the ending, however I think my agent would have considered running off with hunter since

Vector doesn't seem to care when she even married the voss and consummated it as well. (I did like that he at least said something before she went through with the wedding part).

I actually REALLY liked that. He's not the jealous type. I find that awesome-- both because the agent seduces people as part of her modus operandi, and because it's in character with his killikness. Jealousy is a human concept, not a hive-mindy one.

He's the anti-Corso Riggs. (Who sucks.)

I actually REALLY liked that. He's not the jealous type. I find that awesome-- both because the agent seduces people as part of her modus operandi, and because it's in character with his killikness. Jealousy is a human concept, not a hive-mindy one.

He's the anti-Corso Riggs. (Who sucks.)

Wasn't really a dislike thing, in earlier conversations too, he liked that my focus was more on getting the job done, and "using all the tools in her arsenal" and if I recall she has a man on her homeworld as well (chiss)

Actually through the whole story I loved that you could flirt with pretty much every male involved. That's right agent by the power of ***** you will get results.

• 1 month later...
I apologize for necromancy -- did not want to start a new thread, but absolutely wanted to express my appreciation of IA story. Hoo boy. Just finished it and already I want to relive it, even if that means slogging through Alderaan, horrible, terrible Alderaan, again...please somebody make a single RPG out of it with the save/load magic? And speaking of single story-oriented RPGs, IA's storyline deserves a place within greatest of them; somewhere not far from Planescape: Torment and KOTOR 2. I humbly bow before the writer.

Welp, thanks for ruining KOTOR for me.

lol, I know this post is old, but seriously..

if you haven't played KOTOR by now find that out by now, you had no intention of playing it anyways.

-On topic-

I loved the Agent storyline..in the beginning..

It was very well written, I love a story with plot twists and drama. I kind of knew Chapter 1 would end the way it did, but that's because I can usually guess things like that. But it was a great first chapter.

Second chapter...getting a little strange but still playable..

The whole brainwashing thing kind of threw me off at first..it was a good twist, but the way they presented it confused me, and I stop and start over that cinematic video in the story a couple times to understand. I also felt they overused the brainwashing..it got to the point to where I was fully expecting them to say "Onomonaphobia..Agent, make me a sandwich"

I could also guess that Ardun Kothe would end up being a Jedi too

What I DID like about chapter two was your "mental battle" so to speak with Watcher X. I loved how even tho I killed him, he tried to help change my brainwash code. He had a very "sherlock holmes" way about him, reminding you to notice and look for all things hidden and such.

Chapter 3 was just..awful..

When I got to the ending and you find out Hunter was a woman the whole time...I just laughed my literal *** off..I couldn't believe how that ended..I would rather he just died on the floor instead of revealing he was a she and then killing herself..

And I wont even go into detail about Kaliyo..omg what a terrible companion..

Overall, a well rounded story and great from the beginnnig, but I felt it got worse the more I played thru it.

Worth playing through to, as it explains a good deal "behind the scenes" of the Empire

• 2 weeks later...

And I wont even go into detail about Kaliyo..omg what a terrible companion..

Totally agree on Kaliyo. It's a testament to the quality of the writing and effectiveness of the developers that I was seriously bummed I couldn't a) kill her or b) kick her sorry arse off of my ship.

More branching factors please

Edited by Plicitous

Totally agree on Kaliyo. It's a testament to the quality of the writing and effectiveness of the developers that I was seriously bummed I couldn't a) kill her or b) kick her sorry arse off of my ship.

I would have loved to have killed her off or kicked her off the ship. I felt like I was stuck with her and you are for an awfully long time too.

I just finished the story on my Male Sniper, and I must say it was BRILLIANT. I loved every single quest from the very beginning to the very end. Very well written, full of mystery, twists, turns, conspiracy and identity crisis!

I LOVED the ending, such a surprise! I realised Hunter was not out to kill me, but him being in reality female and her confessing her love for me, on her deathbed! :eek: AMAZING. I went neutral, and kissed her right before she died, it was the most depressing thing ever!

I have to admit, it is the best class story out of the eight, having done all. Even made a female Operative to re-live it :p

Suddenly I don't even care about Makeb, I need Agent: Part 2, or like the next chapter, SOMETHING;).

Vaguely related since we've already got a thread of Agent spoilers - does the expansion in any way address which choice you took? I'm getting near to the Chapter 3 finale myself and haven't made up my mind on the final choice yet. Just curious if there is any reference to how that might affect your Agent's motivations for going to Makeb (or, for that matter, at any point ever again in the future given that they've said they will NOT do more class story).

What? Hunter turning out to be a a girl was *********** awesome. The whole time playing an agent I was wondering why Hunter never actually killed me when he could have done so several times. Why he was usually happy to see me. And it turns out because Hunter was a girl and had feelings for me. That made sense, and didn't feel contrived at all. The cat and mouse with Hunter reminded me of Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler. Those two had this "frenemies" type relationship, which is what I would describe Hunter and the agent.

Definitely, Smash - I loved that revelation!

Vaguely related since we've already got a thread of Agent spoilers - does the expansion in any way address which choice you took? I'm getting near to the Chapter 3 finale myself and haven't made up my mind on the final choice yet. Just curious if there is any reference to how that might affect your Agent's motivations for going to Makeb (or, for that matter, at any point ever again in the future given that they've said they will NOT do more class story).

I'm sure it does, it would be a letdown for them to just generically identify us.

Edited by DarthZeroe

If they would give you an option to kick Kaliyo out of the ship, they should give the option to all companions. For every companion, I'm sure there's someone who absolutely hates him/her. Personally I'd like to flush inquisitor's melee dps comp out of the airlock, but since it's impossible..

Anyway, personally I liked agent's chapter 1 and absolutely loved chapter 2. Chapter 3 as a chapter was a little weird, but I loved many, many little individual things, so it was nice too. As for the ending, I had high hopes for it since my friend finished the IA story around a week before me and said that the ending would be really cool. I was just "oh, he's actually a she? Couldn't care less.". Would have been much more interesting if Hunter would have turned out to be some actual person I've met before in the story.

When I got to the ending and you find out Hunter was a woman the whole time...I just laughed my literal *** off..I couldn't believe how that ended..I would rather he just died on the floor instead of revealing he was a she and then killing herself..

You actually have the chance to (sort of) avoid this ending. When you've beaten Hunter and s/he says "But between you and me... I want to show you one last thing." you have the option to say (paraphased) "no more games, no more lies" and shoot him/her right then and there.

Thus, the revelation never happens :-)

Imagine my surprise when I started reading the forums...

Yes, the opening cinematic or quest to Makeb you can address how things went as it were briefly. :)

So is that the only real difference between each class, or in our class's case each 'ending', for Makeb? The opening scene or so? Has anyone finished the story on more than one character by now to know?

I have three Imperial characters at 50 (Marauder, Sniper, Operative) and only one Republic (Sage), but my Republic character is a static-duo character with someone who seldom plays anymore. I don't have issues waiting on them to be able to play her through Makeb as I have other characters, but they're all Imperial. Quick aside: The only other Republic story I can really get into is the Knight and I was slowly working on one but had to push my Operative to 50 during the Double EXP weekends because she was closest. I wanted the free gear even if it goes obsolete fast in Makeb. So the Knight isn't an option because I have no drive to go do the same sidequests again at the moment. I know the story is great though because my Sage's duo partner was a Sentinel and I saw every bit of the plot, other than things like Holocalls/Ship Holocalls as it doesn't let the people with you see those.

If the only difference in the Makeb plot is in the opening, I don't see a real reason to even bother with all three of them. I'll just pick one and go with it. Likely the Operative as I had an easier time leveling her overall, if only because of heals.

Vaguely off topic, but related: The only reason I preordered Makeb at all was to do a sort of "for science!" test of how I like their faction plots. If the way they execute Makeb's doesn't impress me enough, then that may be the end of the road for me anyway. I find personalized, individual plotlines more interesting than the faction/one story for all (if the game lacks factions) that other MMOs use. The reason would be just that: because nearly ever other MMO does it. I'm still playing a few of them. The reason I was really into TOR despite some bumps and issues was the class stories and how they fleshed out the overall plot more with each character you completed. Also, it made alting fun, and I'm an altoholic. If they're done with class quests for the forseeable future, and a recent interview seems to confirm that, I may end up unsubbing until such time as they return. If they never do, well, I've always said the Agent story alone was worth the money I sank into the CE. The LS Warrior and Knight story were just icing on the cake.

Edited by Rhynien

I don't doubt that it might be good, especially if the IA writer was behind it. But is the beginning/introduction the only difference between each class' version of the plot? I'm honestly curious and stuck waiting until the 14th as I preordered late. Do they take into account the different ways each class would approach any given situation throughout the arc? IE does Agent's variation play more in subterfuge and infiltration where a SW is more direct offensives?

So is that the only real difference between each class, or in our class's case each 'ending', for Makeb? The opening scene or so? Has anyone finished the story on more than one character by now to know?.

Makeb Expansion has no real difference between class stories....there is the odd little bit of dialogue such as a Hutt saying 'I had heard of the Imperial Agents but..... (changes subject)' but its practically all the same. There is no real difference if you even go LS or DS. So sadly I does not add any personal story what so ever, other than one big generic story for all classes. I felt more like an Imperial grunt soldier than a super spy...