Why do people like sorc/sage healers the best?

Cathest

Is mostly cuz the bubbles or do they have the strongest heals?

I have a op healer and love it because soooo much utility, and get compliments all the time for my healing

But always see people say stuff like "LF sorc healer"

They are very good at PVE healing large groups with the puddle. It is very effective at healing teams with an unbalanced melee/ranged ratio (most of the team is one or the other) and it's a very visible benefit. They're not so good at healing on the run though.

The other classes have their benefits too and for PVE any of them are viable.

Edited by Infalliable

I would say it is a combination of the bubble and the AOE heal. I'd argue that Kolto cloud is better than salvation simply because it follows you regardless of where you go after you receive it and it is instant cast, but it has less targets than salvation. Edited by Raltar

Because they have either been in a HMFP or Ops with a terrible sawbones or the still remember sawbones before 1.2. Now, I would just as soon have a competent Sage as Scoundrel. I still like Sage AOE best (not that it matters in a HMFP), scoundrels have just as powerful heals, way more mobility, are less squishy. and any competent sawbones can manage their energy just as well as a Sage now.

So why do people like Sage better? No clue, lack of knowledge or bad experience with other class healers. However those bad experience were mainly do to the players, not the class. I had a bad experience with group finder last night with my DPS shadow, but I don't blame the class because my main is a sawbones so I know what abilities that class has, unfortunately people have to learn the those abilities and should do so before entering a group setting.

Salvation is arguably the best heal in the game. If you have multiple sage healers you can use it to trivialize things that are supposed to be dangerous when stacking it. That and bubbles are amazing if used on a tank at the right time.

Nonetheless other healers have their strengths too, and you in no way need a sage to clear things.

2 Sage healers dropping Salvation during the Soa transition is a beautiful thing.

:)

But I run HM EC with one Sage healer and one Scoundrel healer. The different healing styles complement each other well. I like the Scoundrel healer a tiny bit better but that's partly because the player is funnier in Vent.

Salvation is arguably the best heal in the game. .

I agree that Salvation is a great heal, but for my money Emergency Medpac is the best heal in game. It is instant, can be cast while moving, has no cooldown, takes no energy and if the target is below 30% health it regrants upper hand. So while it does use up an upper hand if used on someone above 30%, it can be spammed at no cost on anyone below 30%. Great ability especially in EC when the group and the tank get separated and the healer has to run into range of the tank or during SOA when the healer is coming out of a mind trap.

One more note, it is a great heal to use on Knights that keep jumping out of range of the healer before they can cast a normal heal.

Sages can keep Salvation, I would rather have my Emergency Medpac. :)

Edited by mikebevo

I play both a sorc healer and a scoundrel healer a lot, and I've noticed both healers are strong in different areas of the game.

For pve healing, I definitely prefer the sorc. The AOE heal makes it a lot easier to keep the whole group topped off while keeping the tank targeted. I feel I can more easily burst heal without worrying about running out of power, and my bubble is more effective in an emergency.

For pvp healing I prefer the scoundrel due to the mobility and survivability. I die less, so I can heal more.

For pve healing, I definitely prefer the sorc. The AOE heal makes it a lot easier to keep the whole group topped off while keeping the tank targeted. I feel I can more easily burst heal without worrying about running out of power, and my bubble is more effective in an emergency.

Weird. I burst heal the heck out of both tanks at the end of the Kephess fight and I usually end the fight with between 60% to 75% energy with my sawbones. I usually have only one moment in all of EC were energy is even a issue and it is during the Kephess fight when someone throws out a big AOE attack when they shouldn't have. However, it is easily recoverable by spamming diagnostic scan on one of the tanks until cool head pops up again, can always use emergency medpacs if someone else is in need of a heal. Only other time I remember having a major issue with energy was when the groups DPS was not exactly there and I had to DPS more than normal.

Our Sage is a better healer than me, but I know I out heal her on the Zorn and Toth fight. I usually heal my group and the healer and the tank from the other group. Hell EC is pretty much designed to highlight the strengths of a smuggler healer. Also every fight requires or is easier with a moving healer that isn't real squishy.

Our Sage is a better healer than me, but I know I out heal her on the Zorn and Toth fight. I usually heal my group and the healer and the tank from the other group. Hell EC is pretty much designed to highlight the strengths of a smuggler healer. Also every fight requires or is easier with a moving healer that isn't real squishy.

Sage is healing the tank that is taking toth enrage huh? Sages/sorcs have a bit of a problem sometimes with burst healing multiple targets imo.

Also to the guy who mentioned 2 salivations for Soa's transitions; have you ever done it with 2 sawbones/ops where each one takes half of the raid and keep them hotted? It is a crazy site to not see anyone drop below 80% and never having to wait to heal up.

Also to the guy who mentioned 2 salivations for Soa's transitions; have you ever done it with 2 sawbones/ops where each one takes half of the raid and keep them hotted? It is a crazy site to not see anyone drop below 80% and never having to wait to heal up.

That's pretty cool, actually. No, I haven't seen that.

Sage is healing the tank that is taking toth enrage huh? Sages/sorcs have a bit of a problem sometimes with burst healing multiple targets imo.

I prefer having the sage healer on me during the HM berserk. Between me barely getting hit in the first place (shadow) and sorc bubbles, I don't take that much damage. If my deflection isn't ready the healing is still fine. Glowy puddle, rejuvenate and healing trance are enough to keep me up without much trouble.

I do agree that sages get a bit overrated in their ability to heal a group of people up vs other healers in a side by side 1v1 healer situation, but it's hard for me to say right now that they aren't the best when speaking strictly operations. Stacked salvations can just flat out trivialize things.

Sage/Sorc healing is pretty much the most faceroll healing you can do.

Bubble > Salvation > Rejuvenate > Healing Trance > Sacrifice > Repeat.

If you are looking for a non-stressful healing class to play, this is it. And it's extremely newb friendly. I was a DPS Sage my entire time playing Sage. We ended up being short a healer for Hard Mode Karagga's Palace one night, so I offered to try and heal it, despite not having ANY healing gear. Not only did my DPS gear work just fine, but I was able to heal KP without any practice prior, and I was even the main healer on Fabricator Droid. We didn't wipe once.

This is how we usually do it since we have more Scoundrel Healers than Sage Healers.

I've played all 3 healers. Anyone can heal good with a sage/trooper and do it well. But with a scoundral you are either good or bad. There isn't a inbetween. I never run out of energy, I even keep hots on rotation on all members. We chain pull with no rest time and everyone is topped off. I've solo healed on many bosses in sm ev and kp with no problem. I can't say that with our sage or trooper healers and to keep the pace we keep. To me the scoundral is the better healer if one knows how to play one.

I say what's most popular about them is their Resource, which can be built up to 600 Force Power. That's 600 points to heal with, that always regens at the SAME EXACT SPEED, unlike Ammo, Heat or Energy, which cap at 100 (12 for ammo,) and recover slower as you get less and less. That makes it easier to heal with. Sure, all three healers have some form of resource restoration for crisis situations, but only a Sage/Sorcerer has all that resource to blow through first.

People seem to be more comfortable when your healer doesn't have to stop and take a breather every other heal in the middle of battle to maintain "optimum" resource recovery.

I've played all 3 healers. Anyone can heal good with a sage/trooper and do it well. But with a scoundral you are either good or bad. There isn't a inbetween. I never run out of energy, .

I would agree, but will add today's terrible healer can become a really good healer on a sawbones. I may have been the worse healer in the history of TOR or MMO when I first hit level 50. I almost quit TOR shortly after hitting level 50 during the boss battle of Directive 7 the first time, but with gear, reading and practice I can now pull over 2200 HPS on Zorn and Toth. I easily heal a group through Directive 7 without a tank.

I think this is largely due to me learning energy management before 1.2. I'm still using the same rotation now and energy is rarely a issue unless DPS is lacking and I have to make up for it. Even then I a stack of Upper Hand is always up so with Emergency Medpacs available no one is in danger of dying.

People seem to be more comfortable when your healer doesn't have to stop and take a breather every other heal in the middle of battle to maintain "optimum" resource recovery.
As a Sawbones I never stop. I can even heal and move at the same time. Also energy is not an issue if I stick to only my role. Most fights I finish with 60% to 75% energy with 3 stacks of Upper Hand. If people don’t think sawbones have the resources or have to rest to maintain energy then they obliviously are very misinformed about the class. At least according to Mox, I out HPS the Sage in our group on every fight in EC except Firebrand and Stormcaller where I am either DPS also or kitting the lightning. Although when I am kitting the Sage does not beat me by much since I have more opportunity to throw heals to the other group.

Don’t get me wrong Sages and Commands are just as good healer (with the right users), but sawbones is on par with either and there is no other healer in this game that I would rather play (well with the exception of the Agent I am leveling now).

Edited by mikebevo

It seriously just comes down to faceroll. Sages/Sorcs are the quintessential faceroll healer. There is absolutely nothing complicated about how to heal except for remembering to use your Noble Sacrifice after every Healing Trance. And even if you forget, you still have the energy resources to be ok. They also do great damage for being healers since their DPS and Heal Sets are itemized the same (no need for Accuracy like the other two).

Scoundrels/Ops are definitely the FotM, though I have used one since launch. Their infinite energy and mobility if played right are definite perks that make them incredibly strong. They don't pack the "oomph" in strong up-front heals to take care of 2 or more players at once, nor do they handle AoE healing as well, but they are definitely good healers. It took me a little practice to be as good as I am with my Scoundrel, but I was able to Heal out the box on my Sage in Hard Mode KP without a single hiccup (that's how easy they are).

All of the healers have their niche. Commandos have strong single target protection, Scoundrels have their mobility and infinite energy, Sages have their AoE and do well healing multiple targets. All 3 can tank heal like champs. All 3 have no energy problems if managed correctly (Commandos need more knowledge of fights so they know when is heavy healing and when is energy regening phases).

When I play my Sage healer, I have no issues chain-pulling in Flashpoints, in fact I am usually the one pushing for us to do so. Sages have near infinite Energy as well if played right. And I have seen Sages and Commandos solo heal Story Mode Ops as well... even Karagga's Palace. It generally requires DPS who can heal to help out on occasion, like during Fabricator Droid, but it is entirely doable for any healer who is good and geared.

They don't pack the "oomph" in strong up-front heals to take care of 2 or more players at once, nor do they handle AoE healing as well, but they are definitely good healers.
No I cannot heal 2 people of my choice at the same time like a Sage can, but why does that even matter. I can keep a group on their feet just as well as a Sage. It does require a knowledge of other classes and a awareness of game play. You have to prioritize, but simple (depends on health) formula is Critical Adrenal, Kolto Cloud (if two players are taking heavy damage together, then they are usually sanding close together), Emergency Medpac on the lower of the two, then Emergency Medpac on the other, then UWM on the other (grants upper hand again) followed by UWM on the other, both are usually at over above 90% by then so I will use Slow-Release Medpac to finish them off and get Upper-Hand restacked. Now if I am one of the two taking damage. I will use defensive screen and flash bang while hitting the other player with emergency medpac while I run toward them to get in range for Kolto Cloud. All of those are instant. Then I will pop the Critical adrenal and do the same as above.

Sometime in Ops I will also have to Prioritize who to heal especially if the other healer dies, normally I focus on the tanks and other healer. However, if something should happen to the other healer, I then heal the tanks and highest output DPS. I still try to keep everyone on their feet, but I am not going to heal the DPS standing in AOEs over the tank. My main goal is to keep everyone above 90% so they can worry about DPS/Tanking instead of dying.

So while I can't heal 2 people at once beyond Kolto Cloud, my sawbones can put out 4 instant heals at the press of 4 to 6 buttons. Even more if the person is below 30%.

Dude, it wasn't a bash of the scoundrel healing class. I was simply stating this was their weakness. Every Healer has a weakness, this is the Scoundrels. Every skilled healer knows how to get around their weakness. Another weakness of the Scoundrel is that 1 of it's heals is all but useless and another is simply meant to regen energy and nothing more. They are also handcuffed to a secondary resource, Upperhand. But, again, skilled healers work within these weaknesses just fine. The problem is bad healers do not.

So of the healers and their weaknesses, Sage has it easiest since their weaknesses aren't as debilitating to an average or bad player.

It seriously just comes down to faceroll. Sages/Sorcs are the quintessential faceroll healer. There is absolutely nothing complicated about how to heal except for remembering to use your Noble Sacrifice after every Healing Trance. And even if you forget, you still have the energy resources to be ok. They also do great damage for being healers since their DPS and Heal Sets are itemized the same (no need for Accuracy like the other two).

Scoundrels/Ops are definitely the FotM, though I have used one since launch. Their infinite energy and mobility if played right are definite perks that make them incredibly strong. They don't pack the "oomph" in strong up-front heals to take care of 2 or more players at once, nor do they handle AoE healing as well, but they are definitely good healers. It took me a little practice to be as good as I am with my Scoundrel, but I was able to Heal out the box on my Sage in Hard Mode KP without a single hiccup (that's how easy they are).

All of the healers have their niche. Commandos have strong single target protection, Scoundrels have their mobility and infinite energy, Sages have their AoE and do well healing multiple targets. All 3 can tank heal like champs. All 3 have no energy problems if managed correctly (Commandos need more knowledge of fights so they know when is heavy healing and when is energy regening phases).

When I play my Sage healer, I have no issues chain-pulling in Flashpoints, in fact I am usually the one pushing for us to do so. Sages have near infinite Energy as well if played right. And I have seen Sages and Commandos solo heal Story Mode Ops as well... even Karagga's Palace. It generally requires DPS who can heal to help out on occasion, like during Fabricator Droid, but it is entirely doable for any healer who is good and geared.

i have never been out healed by any healer(same gear) with my scoundral. I can crit heal over 7k we chain pull. the secret to scoundral is main stat. more main stat allows more crit chance. I never not crit on my heals. we farm sm ev/kp for our noobs gear and i solo heal them. and im only geared in columin gear with a couple bh/rakata jewlery. ive been in pug hmfp with people in orange lvl 50 stuff and power healed through it. i had a tank who had lvl 41 stuff lol and we did it nonstop pulling. I'm sry but no one can convince me anything is better than a scoundral healer so far. you want aoe heal? i can double hot everyone faster than a sage can aoe and people run to the puddle.

I've already posted that my main healer is a Scoundrel. Look at my sig. Scoundrel Healer, Sage DPS.

I was an Operative Healer for 6 months from when the game launched to when I switched to Republic. I immediately took Scoundrel healer as my main again. I know Scoundrels can Solo heal Story Mode Ops... fact is, so can Commandos and Sages, and I know this because I've seen it done.

I'm not arguing with you guys that Scoundrels suck. They don't, or I wouldn't be playing one. I'm stating that it's easier to be an average player and heal on a Sage than it is to heal on a Scoundrel, and it can be overwhelming compared to how easy Sages are to heal with. I've healed on my Sage in DPS gear with a Field Respec, and never done it before, and healed just as well as I do with my Scoundrel... it's THAT easy.

The topic asks why people like Sage/Sorc the best, and I gave my input on why.