WZ's starting with 7, ending with 7.

Pistols

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hello Pistols,

We would like to investigate the phenomena that you're reporting here.

I want to reiterate for everyone that when you're reporting issues, we really need you to please be detailed and provide more than just what happened, please. For anyone who has experienced a Warzone that begins with 7 players on a team, and then the spot is never backfilled (which is what I am taking this report to exclusively mean), please provide the following information:

1. Warzone name

2. Faction (Was the other Faction the same or opposite?)

3. Approximately what time this occurred

4. Any other relevant details (for example, the match ended early because of 6 scores in Huttball)

Thanks for your reports!

Edited by AmberGreen

Hello Pistols,

I want to reiterate for everyone that when you're reporting issues, we really need you to please be detailed and provide more than just what happened, please. For anyone who has experienced a Warzone that begins with 7 players on a team, and then the spot is never backfilled (which is what I am taking this report to exclusively mean), please provide the following information:

1. Warzone name

4. Any other relevant details (for example, the match ended early because of 6 scores in Huttball)

Thanks for your reports!

1. Any/and all WZ types.

2. Sith Faction (altho have seen multiple peeps reporting same for Republic).

3. Time: Last night, 5:30PM to roughly 8PM PST, Bastion server.

4. The WZ starts with 7...there is no 8th...when a person leaves the WZ and gives us 6 people only...the 7th spot is backfilled as normal...but not the 8th spot. I have a screenshot from a Voidstar last night where 15 total players played the entire game...8 for the Republic...and 7 for Imperial.

Amber this is an older bug from awhile ago, I know they've made some more adjustments to backfill of late, but this is indeed an issue. There is no way to reproduce it, other than just queue'ing up and checking. Essentially, the game is reading 8 players accepted the WZ, when in fact there is only 7. /shrug

Did you try resetting your UI via CTRL UU? Sometimes, I see only 7 people in a warzone. However, if I do a manual head count there's actually 8 on my team. Sometimes CTRL UU will fix it and the 8th will show up in the ops frame. Sometime it will not but obviously I see the missing person running around in the WZ and know we have an 8th. Edited by revcrisis

Did you try resetting your UI via CTRL UU? Sometimes, I see only 7 people in a warzone. However, if I do a manual head count there's actually 8 on my team. Sometimes CTRL UU will fix it and the 8th will show up in the ops frame. Sometime it will not but obviously I see the missing person running around in the WZ and know we have an 8th.

It's easy to spot an 8th at the beginning of a WZ when they're not grouped.

While I have seen this a few times, this is simply a seperate issue.

This isn't the first place I posted about this issue (don't remember which forum thread it was). But, this is NOT a faction issue. I have played Huttball on the Imperial side with 6 players with the 7th and 8th spot never filled. The bizarre part is that when one of the players would quit the warzone, it would replace their spot! Now, a few hours later (all of this was on Tuesday but has persistently occurred since), I was in a Hypergate against my pub side guild and we were in mumble together. They started their match with only 7 people where the same exact issue occured. The eighth spot was never filled, but if someone quit the warzone they would be nearly instantly replaced. The next time it happens, I will promptly post here with all the relevant information. Thank you Devs for taking a moment to respond because I know many PVPers are frustrated. Lets just start playing again :)

This happened to us 2 nights ago on the Jedi Covenant Server on the Republic side. We would backfill the 7th but never the 8th spot. Had 3 warzones in a row w/ this problem and we actually won one of them. But now I have to wonder whether the other side was having the same issue.

(Reposted from a duplicate post I accidentally made in the PVP forum, because I didn't think to look here.)

Anyone else getting a lot of warzones starting with 5 people that don't shut down?

Because since the last maintenance I've gotten LOTS of warzones that start severely shorthanded, that don't shut down.

Just got out of a civil war where we only started with 4 people. It didn't fill up until the very end. It was a hell of a fight, and we got within 100 points of winning on starting with half a team (we got a 5th person fairly quickly, but took a very long time to get more), but damn we shouldn't be expected to start with that kind of a handicap. I really don't like the idea of matches getting decided by queue system bugs before they ever start.

And that was in the middle of the day. With lots of people on PVPing.

Lots of warzones last night started with 5 too. I've been seeing this a lot more since Tuesday, more than can be explained by "premade didn't take the queue." And after server transfers, I'm sure there aren't even a whole lot of Imperial premades left on my server anymore, just the solo queuers stayed.

Did biofail's latest bolster patch break the queue filling system or something?

Now to adapt this to dev requested format:

1. Warzone name: Civil war

2. Faction (Was the other Faction the same or opposite?): Imps (me) vs. Pubs

3. Approximately what time this occurred: 2:30 Pacific time 28 June

4. Any other relevant details (for example, the match ended early because of 6 scores in Huttball): Warzone shutdown aborted when we got a 5th person, but we only had 5 for several minutes and it took nearly the entire warzone to fill to 8.

My experience might shed more light on the cause of the problem; hopefully sharing it will bring about a faster resolution.

I was q'd with 2 other people. I was waiting around and about to complain about how long the pop was taking when I realized the other two members of my group were already in the wz. My wz icon was still blinking and saying I was q'd but I never got the pop with them. I whispered them and they told me my spot was never filled, they only had 7 on the team, and it continued that way til the end.

Hello Pistols,

1. Warzone name

Thanks for your reports!

1) Warzone name: Huttball

2) Faction: Imp vs. Pubs (I was Empire)

3) Time: The match started roughly around 3:11 and ended at 3:15 (pm, PDT)

4) Other: The match ended early due to the enemy team scoring 6 times in Huttball

http://imgur.com/a/Ve3kt

Edited by mandoforlife

1. Warzone name: Voidstar, level 30-54 bracket

2. Faction: Republic (vs. Imperials)

3. Approximately what time this occurred: early Saturday morning -- probably between 1 a.m. - 3 a.m. EST

4. Any other relevant details: We played the whole match with six people vs. their eight. No one was ever backfilled for us. screenshot Sadface, because we actually did rather well considering, lol.

Edited by Sarielle

Another one, except this one actually ended prematurely like, I assume, it's supposed to?

1. Warzone name Huttball (10-29 bracket)

2. Faction: Imperial (vs. Imperial)

3. Approximately what time this occurred: Saturday afternoon, 1-3 p.m. EST

4. Any other relevant details: Match was 8 v 6, but it ended after only a few seconds, defaulting to the win for us (the side with 8). We pretty much only had time to reach the center, kill the other dude who grabbed it, and run the ball for maybe 10 seconds at most. screenie

1. Novare Coast

2. Republic vs Republic (we were yellow team)

3. 11:45pm Central

4. Jedi Covenant

Completed an entire match w/ 7 in the group. We had 1 person leave and we backfilled the 7th spot, but never the 8th.

Edited by Crixa

Voidstar started with 6 imps 8 pubs through 1/2 of first round My side imp as defenders at 6:45 pm on 6/29/13 got 7th person when pubs capped the last door. stayed with 7 imps until the 1/2 way mark on timer of second round of attacker imp side. Happened the next 2 Wzs after that , Novar coast then Huttball. after that I had full 8 on 8 Wzs for about 3 hours. Harbinger server. Edited by Texanz

1. Warzone name

1. Novare Coast, 55

2. Opposite factions

3. 3PM Pacific

4. Nothing special. Match started with 7, never had anyone added.

Screenshot of scorescreen

Edited by shadowflit

I'm not even going to bother with screen shots. Because its happened in EVERY WARZONE TODAY!!!! 8-9server am on The Bastion in Civil War and Novare Coast. 5v8 and 6v8. Having those kinds of odds stacked against you makes the game unplayable for regular warzones!

1. Warzone name: Novarre

2. Faction: Pub vs Imps

3. Approximately what time this occurred: ~4-5pm Saturday

4. Any other relevant details: 5 v 8 (I left about 4 minutes in out of boredom)

1. Warzone name: Huttball

2. Faction: Pubs (vs Pubs)

3. Approximately what time this occurred: ~10-12pm Saturday Night

4. Any other relevant details: Was actually 6 v 8.

1. Warzone name: Novarre

2. Faction: Pub vs Pub

3. Approximately what time this occurred: Sunday ~7-9pm

4. Any other relevant details: 7 v 8, ended 6 v 8

1. Warzone name: Hypergate

2. Faction: Pub vs Imp

3. Approximately what time this occurred: Sunday ~7-9pm

4. Any other relevant details: 7 v 8, we actually wont this one (Yay for 4 shadows, 2 healers, and me)

Off topic: I realize its the loading time delay (Even tho mine is about 30-60 seconds usually), but Im really tired of loading into matches that are at the point of no return in CW, Voidstar, Huttball, etc. I actually got sick of backfilling into a 0-4 or 0-5 huttballs (5x in a row, always different matches), and then a bunch of fail CWs, Voidstars, and Novarres, I just started leaving matches I'd backfill into regardless of score.

Give us an option NOT to backfill. If it happened once in a while Id be okay with it, but 75% of the matches just made me go (bleep).

I had this happen this weekend and noticed there would be 8 names on the scoreboard but one of them would have all 0's for numbers at the end.

I also seemed to notice that it would happen if I queued as a pair I would take the queue and my group member would still be in the queue except his would never pop.