Rakghoul plague return?

Trispast

It would be nice to have it come back. Would like to get some more black/green crystals. :)

More frequent events in general would be a huge plus. Even if they have to recycle the only two they've done in over a year's time.

I was just curious if the Rakghoul plauge would be making a return. It started last year in April, so I thought now would be a good time to bring up the idea to allow a little bit of development time if changes are going to be made.

I have a character on Harbringer that is still infected. I've thought about going onto fleet and seeing if I can get a bunch of people to stand around me and then we could all spread it again. :D

I have a character on Harbringer that is still infected. I've thought about going onto fleet and seeing if I can get a bunch of people to stand around me and then we could all spread it again. :D

You can't.

After the last server-merge, I cleaned up some old characters and found that one still had the disease. I had just loaded them up and walked away and when I came back five minutes later, found myself on the final stages of the disease. I was standing near the GTN and gathered a small audience. Apparently, when I first logged in, I hadn't reached the eye-glow stage, yet. The disease progressed, I froze, exploded, and rezed.

There were probably a dozen people nearby. No infection.

A month or so after the event, Bioware said that while the infection was still technically in the game, they disabled the spread of the infection to other players.

I am guessing there will be an event for new Ilum, and probably one for Makeb. But both of those should have happened before April, and I don't think it would be near as much work to revamp the Rakghoul event as it would be to create a whole new one.

I have a rifle and sniper bowcaster. They're ok looking, I guess.

I don't care for bowcasters, though I am intrigued by the idea of using them for smuggling item modifications between characters, as I do with legacy armour. More disappointed I missed out on an event because, if Rakghoul one is anything to go by, they're fun in TOR.

Actually, I just saw a guy on the fleet the other day with the Rak plague. Lol!

I'm not kidding. The tell tale signs were there, gagging, green discharge, and vomiting while he checked his cargo. I whispered him and he told me he had not logged in since the event and was glad to be back. But... he was a little worried he would not be able to get rid of it.

I welcomed him back and told him not to worry as he would soon blow up as a final phase. I did try and get infected... but it didn't work.

So.. yes another Rak like event please. I loved blowing up intermittently and infecting others.

One or both events are returning this year , they already stated as much. Also we are going to get at least one new one , which they also stated. They might change the rewards though i guess , maybe add new items to exchange for whilst keeping the old items. That would be nice.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I Doubt will ever see the Rakghoul event again, That live event was to introduce Kaon under siege and then followed up by Lost Island..... So that part of the story has been told and it's time to move on with other stories...

They said the next world event will be to introduce the new Illum area....

Edited by Monoth

I don't care for bowcasters, though I am intrigued by the idea of using them for smuggling item modifications between characters, as I do with legacy armour. More disappointed I missed out on an event because, if Rakghoul one is anything to go by, they're fun in TOR.

I have two Bowcasters. HK is using one with great effect and the other is being passed around to share mods barrels and crystals. I love the Bowcasters. lol!

Now... I would like a legacy lighsaber please.

I had picked up the imperial containment set, but ended up vending or trashing it cause it wasn't BoL, I don't think BoL even existed back then. I wish I had it now. And I would like another chance at the customizations from the box that I didn't get.

I wouldn't want the exact same event (It would make no sense in-universe), but if they could do one that worked from a lore perspective (say, a reenactment or something) I wouldn't mind. Though I would miss the bragging rights of having a retired title.

Yes because exploding space zombies totally fit the Star Wars lore in the first place.