Transfers are coming... next best thing to Cross Server.

Baedwulf

Cross Server Warzones will fix a lot of things with pvp not character transfers however that would also be more revenue for Bioware.

This is why the server transfers are bad... everyone runs to the FOTM server swg showed us that with everyone server jumping and dead servers that caused. lotro also when everyone moved to brandywine and most other servers died till the lag was so bad and they got trolled back to their own servers. but oh well BW will do what will make them money cause thats what the game was made for after all

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwing this out there for any east coasters wanting to stay on the east coast. I ran my first toon on a East Coast Server (ZezKaiEll) and it was horribly underpopulated at level 50 back when the game first came out. I decided to reroll after having a 50 with no end game potential, so I decided to roll on a west coast server which eventually got merged with Bastion. I love the Bastion - I'm a PVEer but it's so nice to PVP with some good competition on PVE off nights. My ping is somewhat high comparatively, usually around 120ms, but it doesn't seem to bother me at all everything feels smooth and I put up high numbers with no issues.

Also, for those against server transfers I do understand your concerns. Personally, I want server transfers for the very reason listed above. I have a level 50 sith sitting on a server that I never touch, while Bastion has 5 55's. I'd love to bring my level 50 sith over to Bastion and be able to use it again. I'd feel better about server transfers if they required a level 55 toon on the server for which you are trying to transfer another toon. I too am afraid of everyone jumping to specific servers and causing that server to lag and the others to be underpopulated.

Edited by HellionFBI

Feels unrealistic to me, Not everyone will want to transfer if its too expensive, and my guild wouldnt want to leave anyone behind :(

+ If you have to pay per character you transfer I have atleast 8-11 I'd want to transfer

This wouldn't be a problem if transfers were free though...

(Or BW could just give us X-server Queues -_-)

Feels unrealistic to me, Not everyone will want to transfer if its too expensive, and my guild wouldnt want to leave anyone behind :(

I agree, and I think this topic is a bunch of hot air.

Fun to watch though. :D

Edited by Caeliux

In regs... over all the pubs do seem to perform better and defintely SEEM to have more healers PUGing it up. But that really varies depending on the time of day you play. It's very hit and miss in regs.

I say we all transfer to Helios, Vanu Sovereignty...

Whoa dude, already did! Me and a few other friends from TOR are there... Seems like quite a few Bastionites are.

On topic, I played on an East server and the ping was noticeably higher and it was laggier...

Then again I barely do rateds, so whats it matter, as long as my friends here so will I be.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

No one is going to pot5. At least no one that is relevant on this server. Pot5 is amateur hour. There are good players but the rated teams and their approach to the game in rateds is amateur and will/would stand no chance against the bastions best team/teams.

There are good players in the CFL but no CFL team is gonna come to the NFL and beat an NFL team. This is the NFL. Were not going to transfer to the CFL.

No one is going to pot5. At least no one that is relevant on this server. Pot5 is amateur hour. There are good players but the rated teams and their approach to the game in rateds is amateur and will/would stand no chance against the bastions best team/teams.

There are good players in the CFL but no CFL team is gonna come to the NFL and beat an NFL team. This is the NFL. Were not going to transfer to the CFL.

good thing no Pot5 squad could ever beat a bastion team....

Click Me

good thing no Pot5 squad could ever beat a bastion team....

Click Me

Judging from that game, that wasn't MVP's top squad and they still play well.

Casual would have major problems with MVP if they was on the Bastion, not to mention other guilds like Synergy, Don't Panic, Strictly Business.

There are other guilds like Nothing Personal, Freak of Legend, Crits and Giggles that are learning the ropes and will give any guild a good run.

Also to add there is some new guilds on the rise like Pain Train, Sabotage, Meet Killface that is coming to a ranked near you.

PO5 don't have the quality of guilds Bastion has, and that fact is why PO5 top guilds need to think twice when staying at a best number 2 server when it comes to a real top notch PVP server like the Bastion.

Why would you settle for number 2 when number 1 is right there?

The choose is simple.

Edited by Caeliux

Judging from that game, that wasn't MVP's top squad and they still play well.

Casual would have major problems with MVP if they was on the Bastion, not to mention other guilds like Synergy, Don't Panic, Strictly Business.

There are other guilds like Nothing Personal, Freak of Legend, Crits and Giggles that are learning the ropes and will give any guild a good run.

Also to add there is some new guilds on the rise like Pain Train, Sabotage, Meet Killface that is coming to a ranked near you.

PO5 don't have the quality of guilds Bastion has, and that fact is why PO5 top guilds need to think twice when staying at a best number 2 server when it comes to a real top notch PVP server like the Bastion.

Why would you settle for number 2 when number 1 is right there?

The choose is simple.

Everything you stated above is opinion. I provided a fact that rebutted LegendaryQuan's statement:

There are good players but the rated teams and their approach to the game in rateds is amateur and will/would stand no chance against the bastions best team/teams.

A Pot5 team beat a top rated bastion team, which disproves his hypothesis. This will be my last trip to your forums, because quite honestly, the arrogance and narcissism is off the charts here. :D

<Bashed by Convicts> Will be transfering to The Bastion from Dalborra in hopes of great rated PvP as no one will play against us on Dalborra anymore.

<3 We will pvp to your hearts desire.

Everything you stated above is opinion.

Everything I stated was a fact about the Bastion, anyone playing ranked would tell you that.

We know people that play on PO5, we know the ranked scene there isn't as good as the Bastion far as the quality.

Sure there is good guilds and some good players there, but not as much as the ranked teams on the Bastion.

I do think though there is maybe 4 teams on PO5 that would give a good run for top rated guilds vs the Bastion.

Those teams are Casual, Ubique, Hoth Ski Patrol, I Am Legend.

That is about it, sure there is some medium guilds but far as good by opinion they are not.

Bastion has teams on the rise as well, and those teams play guilds like MVP and other top rated guilds. I would argue and say the guilds learning and rising would beat most guilds due to the fact they play the best SWTOR has to offer.

A Pot5 team beat a top rated bastion team, which disproves his hypothesis.

Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas, 2nd fight Buster Douglas got smoked by Mike Tyson. Comparing a match on a PTS where real time on the Bastion playing MVP is a different story.

Remember every dog has his day, that day Casual played MVP and won.

This will be my last trip to your forums, because quite honestly, the arrogance and narcissism is off the charts here. :D

You posted a link with the intent to have arrogance and narcissism about PO5 Fishdude, so why contradict yourself?

Give yourself some credit.

Edited by Caeliux

I am wondering, is the Bastion heavily republic favored in random warzones? Because that's how it feels like right now.

Re-rolled here from Jedi Covenant. Just turned 30 Today so only have experience with the 10-29 bracket, But on My sorcerer I went 64-42 as a solo queuer.

Rellik

Everything I stated was a fact about the Bastion, anyone playing ranked would tell you that...

I find it interesting that you listed off four "top" guilds on PoT5 but only one "top" guild on the bastion... yet claimed that more "top" guilds can be found on the bastion... As a player planning on transfering over to the bastion in the near future I would love to know which are the "top" guilds on the bastion... next to MvP because they seem to be the only guild that ever gets mentioned when talking about "top" guilds on the bastion.

Edited by LingeringDrama

I find it interesting that you listed off four "top" guilds on PoT5 but only one "top" guild on the bastion... yet claimed that more "top" guilds can be found on the bastion... As a player planning on transfering over to the bastion in the near future I would love to know which are the "top" guilds on the bastion... next to MvP because they seem to be the only guild that ever gets mentioned when talking about "top" guilds.

Strictly Business, Dont Panic, Synergy all are currently fighting what seems to be the best guild on server. There are others the que as well but you have 4 guilds that can steal a win for each other any given day. Everyone knows MVP through the coverage they get on forums, streams, etc...

But unless you're from the bastion you dont really know what the competition is like. These 3 other guilds could have also gone to the PTS and competed at the level MVP did. Considering they did well on PTS, im sure the other teams would have done the same.....BUT THEN AGAIN

who gives a **** about PTS, and is anyone intrested in buying a couch?

I'll try to be diplomatic and say there is plenty of talent on both Bastion and POT5.

MVP, Dont Panic, Strictly Business, Synergy are the top 4 guilds currently. All of them have scored wins against each other and will continue to do so. If you're not already aware, http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies has hours and hours of prime competitive content for anyone to view for themselves.

In the next tier, guilds such as Crescendo, Crits and Giggles, Nothing-Personal are all quite active and queueing often. Under the right circumstances, these guilds can beat the better teams for sure (though it is an uphill battle).

Following that, guilds such as Freaks of Legend, Hakuna Rakata, Pain Train, ARC, Suckafish, and plenty others that I'm sure I'm forgetting about are still strengthening and gearing up.

I don't play on POT5 so I can't speak for them, but one of my favourite things about this server is that the competitive PvP community is very tight-knit and friendly. If a guild needs one or two more to start queueing, they ask one of the neighbouring guilds and queues start popping. Just the other day, our full MVP team lost to some Synergy/Dont Panic/Crescendo hybrid group because there's a lot of skill spread through the whole server.

While it's true that Casual beat us on the PTS, take that with a grain of salt. We went 1-2 against Casual (if you don't count DC's), and ended up with a winning record against Nostrum Dolus (EU) and Squirtle Squad (Harbinger). I believe that Nostrum Dolus ended up with a positive record against Casual, so it ends up as a rock-paper-scissors situation. At any rate, it's difficult to judge teams after so few games. All the teams that played on the PTS were very good.

The aforementioned Squirtle Squad boys (as well as other top Harbinger guilds) have chosen to transfer to Bastion (source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=638104&page=8 post #76), and while I'm sure that a lot of skill remains on POT5, I had heard that most of Casual has quit (including Liege and Thurinlore?) prior to 2.0.

In a perfect world, Bioware would just implement cross-server queues and reset ratings, and then the debate could be settled. Until then, if you're still on the fence about which server to transfer to, I can say with confidence that The Bastion will provide what you're looking for. We already have queues popping from 7pm-3am most nights. With the incoming population boost from Harbinger, Dalborra, and the Oceanic servers (who will only be able to manage west coast for lag reasons), our already competitive server is excited for more fresh faces, and you'd be more than welcome here.

Edited by Morde_