Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

BadgerFett

I don't get the joke, its quite sad frankly.

The joke was your whole post. Do some research and you'll see why. I'll start you in the right direction though:

Force Armor cannot in any way, shape, or form absorb 10k in damage.....ever.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a 1v1 other day with Counsler.I'm a juggernaught, got nice PvP gear, but he beat me flat.Counslers have too many buffs, I did ~10 k dmg to him, and his shields apsorbed it all + he was healing himself the whole time, when I deal something he instaheals it.In the end I got killed, and I had taken ~7% of his life away, so yeah, counslers are not immortal, and ironicly don't soak up more dmg then tanks.

So in otherwords you play a tank that's strengths are; taking damage, interrupting and dpsing. (in order of greatest to least) and you failed to prioritize your abilities with those strengths, by going DPS, take damage, interrupt.. (did you even interrupt once?) and lost a 1v1.

Got it.

So in otherwords you play a tank that's strengths are; taking damage, interrupting and dpsing. (in order of greatest to least) and you failed to prioritize your abilities with those strengths, by going DPS, take damage, interrupt.. (did you even interrupt once?) and lost a 1v1.

Got it.

Too bad those strengths are non-existant. For a Powertech, if you spec deep sheildtech and actually use the tank gear, you are just as squishy as a dps, barring a few extra hp, and do significantly less dps while also having less interrupts/cooldowns than a dps spec. That's not even going into the fact that interrupts in this game do very little, 8 second cooldown that only affects 1 spell instead of entire spell tree for 4 seconds, at the cost of heat and damage is pretty much useless in pvp.

Got it.

1. Most tank stats dont work in pvp

2. Tanks cant dps to any great degree.

Got it ?

Too bad those strengths are non-existant. For a Powertech, if you spec deep sheildtech and actually use the tank gear, you are just as squishy as a dps, barring a few extra hp, and do significantly less dps while also having less interrupts/cooldowns than a dps spec. That's not even going into the fact that interrupts in this game do very little, 8 second cooldown that only affects 1 spell instead of entire spell tree for 4 seconds, at the cost of heat and damage is pretty much useless in pvp.

First off we were discussing his Jugg not your Powertech. I haven't played one and really don't know much about the class. Secondly the part where you saying that an interrupt does very little is where you're already giving up. Inerrupts on sorcs do a lot, if you interrupt them at the right time. Not giving away the prize though, you have to do research to figure that one out.

1. Most tank stats dont work in pvp

2. Tanks cant dps to any great degree.

Got it ?

So having 20k health, plus decent mitigation, and the ability to taunt players = stats don't work. How does a stat not "work"? Yes i know all about the issue with PVP damage not being "common" and going through armor.

for your second thing - yup. That's why I put DPS last on the list of a juggs strengths.

So having 20k health, plus decent mitigation, and the ability to taunt players = stats don't work. How does a stat not "work"? Yes i know all about the issue with PVP damage not being "common" and going through armor.

for your second thing - yup. That's why I put DPS last on the list of a juggs strengths.

Critical hits go through shields.

Shields don't defend against most attacks.

Defense doesn't defend against most attacks.

Accuracy also reduces enemy Defenses, and PvP gear is currently stacked with it.

You can taunt whether you're a tank or not.

Edited by savionen

I choose to play sith soc before the game came out reguardless of how good they were because i wanted force lightining, my favorite spell in star wars .

Having played a few other classes Sith warrior/jugger, BH, Jedi shadow, Jedi Knight, ect

I fail to see how they require more skill to play then sith soc does.

<< So having 20k health, plus decent mitigation, and the ability to taunt players = stats don't work. How does a stat not "work"? Yes i know all about the issue with PVP damage not being "common" and going through armor. >>

In character build discusions and pvp terms, "Doesn't work" = "Is almost always a bad choice".

Very few tank characters get close to 20k health in pvp gear.

<< So having 20k health, plus decent mitigation, and the ability to taunt players = stats don't work. How does a stat not "work"? Yes i know all about the issue with PVP damage not being "common" and going through armor. >>

In character build discusions and pvp terms, "Doesn't work" = "Is almost always a bad choice".

Very few tank characters get close to 20k health in pvp gear.

other than assasins

tank assasins full BM with hunters boom ~23k hp, with amazing mitigation and moderate dps

It's funny to see all the sorcerers getting so defensive. They seem to have the uncontrollable need to put a lot of chained *'s in their posts, confirming the infantile image I have of them.

I can understand why they get so defensive. When the nerfhammer hits, they will have to reroll to a new class. The new flavour of the month (probably Bounty Hunter (ironically also ranged)) will be less easymode. This means the class might be too much for them to comprehend.

I'd love to see these easymoders play a melee class. So many viable skills to use, unable to cower next to a pillar or on a platform. I hope the nerfhammer hits hard and fast, I'd love to see the dispair.

On a sidenote, 'nerf' may be read as 'redesign'. And yes, as a republic melee character, I think Consulars deserve the same.

Why so many people in online games prefer to faceroll their face off than achieve something with a little bit of skill? Almost every WZ i enter there are like 6-8 inquisitors in one team. I cant even see map cuz everything is purple, so many stupid lightnings. I never get that, why ppl roll classes that are easy and for newbs, just like ret palas in wotlk, just like frost mages now. Please BW nerf sorcerers. Sick damage, like 3 imbollizes, stun, bubble, bubble-blind, healz, sprint, constant channeled slow, knockbacks. I mean it, what the...? I just was in WZ where total number of players were 16, and there were 13 inquisitors... PvP in SWTOR isn't cool anyway, but sorcerers make it even worse. Please do something about it because this is riddicolous. See ya peeps and may the force be with You.

funny my server its jedi sages healing so much that there is no point average bg has 6 sages + 2 commandos min

I am a proud OP inquisitor. Since I queue solo virtually all the time, I think its necessary, because its rare to queue into a WZ with more than 1 or 2 other players that are even paying attention to the objectives. Usually the majority of my team just wants to PVP and pad their states. I have to play an OP class to try to win the WZ while playing with idiots.

It's funny to see all the sorcerers getting so defensive. They seem to have the uncontrollable need to put a lot of chained *'s in their posts, confirming the infantile image I have of them.

Its funny how all the terribads attack the class. They have uncontollable need to come to forums to QQ about how bad they are, which translate to "i play so bad, will you nerf x calss so i can beat it instead me improving and L2P".

Its funny how more than half of this posters dont know difference between assasin and a sorc, the other half talk about 31/31/31 build lol.

Sorc are fine, not that they dont need "nerf" or "redisign" they need a buff to their burst dmage and buffing end tree talents.

other than assasins

tank assasins full BM with hunters boom ~23k hp, with amazing mitigation and moderate dps

Unfortunately these people have very little knowledge of the game, of course certain classes go well over 20k health.

Edited by GrandMike

I can understand why they get so defensive. When the nerfhammer hits, they will have to reroll to a new class. The new flavour of the month (probably Bounty Hunter (ironically also ranged)) will be less easymode. This means the class might be too much for them to comprehend.

I'd love to see these easymoders play a melee class. So many viable skills to use, unable to cower next to a pillar or on a platform. I hope the nerfhammer hits hard and fast, I'd love to see the dispair.

On a sidenote, 'nerf' may be read as 'redesign'. And yes, as a republic melee character, I think Consulars deserve the same.

The ironic part is, I picture the same thing about you while you rage about a class that is perfectly fine. This is coming from a Jedi Guardian.

Edited by Telaan

Its funny how all the terribads attack the class. They have uncontollable need to come to forums to QQ about how bad they are, which translate to "i play so bad, will you nerf x calss so i can beat it instead me improving and L2P".

Its funny how more than half of this posters dont know difference between assasin and a sorc, the other half talk about 31/31/31 build lol.

Sorc are fine, not that they dont need "nerf" or "redisign" they need a buff to their burst dmage and buffing end tree talents.

Unfortunately these people have very little knowledge of the game, of course certain classes go well over 20k health.

I am valor 61 sentinel, and I leveled my valor without grinding illum or using any bugs. It means lot of wz played.

I top damage charts often, and have a solid understanding of a pvp in this game.

Sorcs in a team environment are OP and need to be nerfed. If you do not see it, you are biased.

1 vs 1 sorcs are nothing great. But this game is not about 1 vs 1. Some classes when stacked get tons of advantage. Others not.

Edited by FarizAA

I am valor 61 sentinel, and I leveled my valor without grinding illum or using any bugs. It means lot of wz played.

I top damage charts often, and have a solid understanding of a pvp in this game.

Sorcs in a team environment are OP and need to be nerfed. If you do not see it, you are biased.

1. Im valor 65, gained mostly in WZs-ilum dailies and i say you are biased because in group environment sorc/sage are just bearable considering they are easiest class to shut down (well, share the place with certain other class) and are made of cardboard. Not to talk 1vs1 where sorc is one of worst classes.

2. In a group environmnet you can have sorc of your own if you think they are so good.

If you think they need to be nerfed you are biased and just want free kills. With a sentinel you steamroll them now (group or no group) and thats not enough for you. Biased.

Edited by GrandMike

I have a valor 60 guardian. I too have a solid grasp of PvP in this game. Sorc/Sage are fine, and FAR from op in a team setting. If you don't see it you are bad. I throw guard on a sent and watch him roll through 3-4 sorc while a healer keeps him up.

I have a valor 60 guardian. I too have a solid grasp of PvP in this game. Sorc/Sage are fine, and FAR from op in a team setting. If you don't see it you are bad. I throw guard on a sent and watch him roll through 3-4 sorc while a healer keeps him up.

Do you read yourself? You throw guard on sentinel and healer keep him up and he kills 3 sorcs which has no clue -- what it proves? Get 3 equal skill team up sorcs, and your healer is dead, then your sent is dead, then you are dead in a matter of minute.

Please, spare me of such arguments.

Do you read yourself? You throw guard on sentinel and healer keep him up and he kills 3 sorcs which has no clue -- what it proves? Get 3 equal skill team up sorcs, and your healer is dead, then your sent is dead, then you are dead in a matter of minute.

Please, spare me of such arguments.

Seems you are not on top of the game.

Theres a lot of room for improvement :D

Why so many people in online games prefer to faceroll their face off than achieve something with a little bit of skill? Almost every WZ i enter there are like 6-8 inquisitors in one team. I cant even see map cuz everything is purple, so many stupid lightnings. I never get that, why ppl roll classes that are easy and for newbs, just like ret palas in wotlk, just like frost mages now. Please BW nerf sorcerers. Sick damage, like 3 imbollizes, stun, bubble, bubble-blind, healz, sprint, constant channeled slow, knockbacks. I mean it, what the...? I just was in WZ where total number of players were 16, and there were 13 inquisitors... PvP in SWTOR isn't cool anyway, but sorcerers make it even worse. Please do something about it because this is riddicolous. See ya peeps and may the force be with You.

I do not agreed.

Myself i chose inquisitor -> Sorc in early beta and i havent regret my choice.

But relly in WZ i do see MAXIMUM 4 inq on a team, most likely 2:1 or 3:1 sorc/assasin ratio.

Often i've been seing more BH than inq. :rolleyes: hence the tracer spam

Oh how i shall love replying to this :)

First of all, not all inquisitors are dps, theres many of us that are healers including myself, OMG NO FACEROLL AS HEALER!

Second of all, unless everyone of them 13 inquisitor (real number properly lower) did over 500k damage i dont think you can complain about nerfing sorc as many other classes can easily put out as much damage!

Thirdly:

3 "imbo" is one snare, and 1 extra as 31 madness talent

stun: every class has a stun why shouldnt sorc??? ILLOGIC WHINE

Bubble: Yes we have a shield that can be cast every 17seconds that absorbs about 2k dmg, Not a gamebreaker and ill take heavy armor over that shield any day

Healz: Im sry, but again you fail to see that also both bh merc and imp op also have this, and to calm your whine, a hybrid dps sorcs heal takes 3 second to cast, no way near imba and easily interrupted

bubble-blind: this only affects melee in range and breakable on damage plus you dont have this talent in the hybrid spec only full lighting which isnt called the glass cannon spec for nothing!

sprint: snare us after this and we screwed, send a marauder with leap after us and we even more screwed

slow channel: interupt this! Its what the whole hybrid spec is about using force lighting to proc our instant cast, OMG DID I JUST GIVE YOU A TIP?

knockbacks... knockbackS ? We have 1 called overload and it knockback the least range of all the knockbacks in the game!

All in all, sorc are squishy, even as healers (*** TROOPER HEALER NEVER DIE, OMG DID I JUST WHINE MYSELF IN A WHINE THREAD!?) with great dps.

And to the reason why so many play sorcs? ITS THE ONLY CASTER IN THE GAME AND PPL LIKE TO PLAY CASTERS INCLUDING MYSELF BYE