Sith Warriors Ballcarrying..

Forthehonor

Am i the only one that thinks the amount of mobility a sith warrior has is ridiculous? Especially Sith Maruders.. Marauders Have force charge, intercede, obliterate(if rage spec) and even a 50% movement speed party sprint (predation). I just personally think this amount of mobility isn't balanced, just had a Hutball match where there was a 2 man premade on the enemy team a sith maruder building tanky, and a sith sorceror: The sorceror sprinter in took hutball waited a few secs with it and proceeded to throw it to the maruder on the bridge, sure that's fairly balanced, its teamwork, but then the maruder proceded to sprint trough one fire force charge to the next, and sprint trough the second as well i would estimate it took him around 10-15 secs to score.

TL;DR Sith maruder's ballcarrying kit/mobility is op..

Edited by Forthehonor

you can't be serious

we're a mediocre ball runner at best

look at inquisitors/sages and tell us all with a straight face that we are even close to being as good as them

predation is the only thing we really bring to the table, with the lucky force leap here and there

Edited by HBninjaX

I don't really know how "tanky" a Marauder can get, but we do have great CD's if we choose to blow them all for a score.

Also, many people consider Sorcs mobility in Huttball OP.

And soon, people will start seeing GOOD Assassins carrying the ball, and will say they are also OP.

Though I think everything is fine the way it is if you anticipate moves instead of just blowing CC's as soon as you have a LoS.

you can't be serious

we're a mediocre ball runner at best

look at inquisitors/sages and tell us all with a straight face that we are even close to being as good as them

predation is the only thing we really bring to the table, with the lucky force leap here and there

This is why I don't get why people complain about charge but think force speed is fine.

Charge capitalizes on YOUR mistake and they can only go where YOU allow them to go.

Force speed is 2 seconds of open season snare/root immunity going wherever you want.

Am i the only one that thinks the amount of mobility a sith warrior has is redicilous? Especially Sith Maruders.. Marauders Have force charge, intercede, obliterate(if rage spec) and even a 50% movement speed party sprint (predation). I just personally think this amount of mobility isn't balanced, just had a Hutball match where there was a 2 man premade on the enemy team a sith maruder building tanky, and a sith sorceror: The sorceror sprinter in took hutball waited a few secs with it and proceeded to throw it to the maruder on the bridge, sure that's fairly balanced, its teamwork, but then the maruder proceded to sprint trough one fire force charge to the next, and sprint trough the second as well i would estimate it took him around 10-15 secs to score.

Intercede is Juggernaut skill ...

And yeah Me as juggernaut I can score ball in 6 sec .. .if Im playing vs srcub team without Idea how to counter me ...

intercede or get pulled my Sorc(to friendly on ramp) -->> charge noob on ramp -->> force push that noob ----> charge him again --->> and Score ...

It's working as it should ... if people in your team have no clue how to position them self to counter Jugger or Mara then sorry ... NOTHING will help you

I'd have to agree with the others, a Marauder/Sentinel is not a prime choice for a ball carrier, that being said we're not horrible either if we have nothign on cool down.

However, once we use our CC breaker it's down hill from there. You can't pass the ball when stunned, you can't move, you are very susceptible to grabs and knock backs.

Life sucks if you can't move as a Marauder/Sentinel so there in itself is the answer as to why we have many "keep moving" abilities.

It comes down to teamwork. In order to have Predation up the Marauder has to have 30 stacks of Fury already in order to pop it. He has to have already been fighting, gained it, then gotten into position and popped it for this scenario to work.

If not, all he's got is Force Charge (30m range to enemy only) or Obliterate (10m range to enemy only) if he's Rage specc'd far enough. Intercede is a Juggernaut only skill.

It comes down to right place, right time, right circumstances. Can't just pop and go on a whim, it has to be set up. Just like a Consular/Sorc near the goal line to pull the ball carrier over. It's all about teamwork and preparation for a score. :cool:

Am i the only one that thinks the amount of mobility a sith warrior has is ridiculous? Especially Sith Maruders.. Marauders Have force charge, intercede, obliterate(if rage spec) and even a 50% movement speed party sprint (predation). I just personally think this amount of mobility isn't balanced, just had a Hutball match where there was a 2 man premade on the enemy team a sith maruder building tanky, and a sith sorceror: The sorceror sprinter in took hutball waited a few secs with it and proceeded to throw it to the maruder on the bridge, sure that's fairly balanced, its teamwork, but then the maruder proceded to sprint trough one fire force charge to the next, and sprint trough the second as well i would estimate it took him around 10-15 secs to score.

Marauders are one of the best ball carriers, Juggs are quite possibly THE best. But it's one of the few things that they are good at. Who is OP in Failum/Zergfest? Anyone who is not melee.

Edited by getdownsb

I play a Sentinel, and I'd have to say that we are definitely not OP when it comes to carrying the ball.

Yes, if conditions are JUST right (CD's, position of opposing forces, etc), we can score in a big hurry, but there are so many things that can easily throw us off track.

We aren't bad at it, but we certainly aren't the most effective ball carriers in the game...

This is why I don't get why people complain about charge but think force speed is fine.

Charge capitalizes on YOUR mistake and they can only go where YOU allow them to go.

Force speed is 2 seconds of open season snare/root immunity going wherever you want.

Force Speed only gives those immunities in tank spec.

Also, marauders can pop a DR cooldown for 99% reduction to walk over fire and not break their momentum.

**** son.

I guess I forgot to pick up intercede at the trainer, 'cause my Marauder doesn't have it.

On a related note, I hate Powertechs with their tracer missile spam, pulls, heals, jet pack charges... Oh wait, I should probably learn about the class before whining.

Edited by Luxidenstore

Force Speed does not grant root immunity- it does grant snare immunity yes, but considering just about everyone has a couple snares, it'd be pointless without that.

Sorcs are not good ball carriers- they are good if you let them get to before the final fire jet with the ball- because at that point, without a hard CC/root they have a cap. However, they're easy to lock down, and if you stay ahead of them you can stop them.

Marauders/Juggs make great carriers because you can't get in their way- if you do, they'll use it against you (unless you're a sniper, but even then there's ways to get you out of cover and jump to you).

As a sorc, I really don't want the ball at all- our most useful ability is extrication, which is useless if we have the ball. If not watched carefully, I can lead to 3-4 of our ball caps by using force speed- without the ball- and then extricating the ball carrier.

Not to mention, sorcs are terrible for defence- can't stand ahead of ball carrier or they'll be used to jump to (while agents can avoid that mostly), can't jump to carrier like PT or SW can.

Frankly, outside of operatives, every class has some very useful things for huttball- even ops can stealth to the goalline and catch a ball from the pit... or, take out a ball carrier in a few seconds, but I would say they're a bit weaker than the others.

Foolish mortal, slow them and save your knockbacks for when they charge to you. Easy prey.

<--jugg. Yes this does work, but if you knock me back anywhere near another person on your team, I can just push them and jump right back to you.

I have to say, playing with a sorcerer who runs ahead and pulls, makes it very easy to score as a jugg. This is in stark constrast to my sniper, who can only score if literally all the stars align in the sky.