Thank you Alex for your blog post.

Going

It was nice of you to keep us updated. And it was super nice of you to write this up for us.

I appreciate the work you and your team put in into this game. With that being said I am sooooo excited for these arenas as I'm sure alot of other are to. There really isn't much to complain about actually there is nothing to complain il about, unless your hand fed with a silver spoon and can't be satisfied with anything unless its how you want it 100%

Thank you Alex.. Thank you bioware.

One question though because I know lots are going to want to know..

Will there be seperate ques for 8s and 4s warzones and arenas?

I imagine so but i just would like to know?

• Dev Post
It was nice of you to keep us updated. And it was super nice of you to write this up for us.

I appreciate the work you and your team put in into this game. With that being said I am sooooo excited for these arenas as I'm sure alot of other are to. There really isn't much to complain about actually there is nothing to complain il about, unless your hand fed with a silver spoon and can't be satisfied with anything unless its how you want it 100%

Thank you Alex.. Thank you bioware.

One question though because I know lots are going to want to know..

Will there be seperate ques for 8s and 4s warzones and arenas?

I imagine so but i just would like to know?

You're welcome! Glad to write it up!

There is a Warzones queue that contains the Warzones currently in the game AND the Arenas. And there is a Ranked Warzone Arenas queue that is just Arenas. Hope that clears things up!

If you're going to get rid of ranked warzones, why not make an option to que for 8 v 8's and choose your oponents with no coms or rewards. That way people can still do 8 v 8 warzones and not have to deal with pugs in 8 v 8's.

MIght prevent all the pvp guilds from breaking up.

Or of course, you can just screw us over yet again.

There is a Warzones queue that contains the Warzones currently in the game AND the Arenas. And there is a Ranked Warzone Arenas queue that is just Arenas. Hope that clears things up!

I completely disagree with this design. We're solo queuing for one type of match where we might get destroyed by premades, or another fully pug group of a different type. I'd really like to know why you think this is wise.

If you're going to get rid of ranked warzones, why not make an option to que for 8 v 8's and choose your oponents with no coms or rewards. That way people can still do 8 v 8 warzones and not have to deal with pugs in 8 v 8's.

MIght prevent all the pvp guilds from breaking up.

Or of course, you can just screw us over yet again.

I love how you build an 8 team and work hard for it over a year to get it destroyed in one patch. How is that srewing us!? Naaaah.

And to the one who started this thread. I don't get what you mean by 8s and 4s warzones. You do know that they're killing the 8v8 right? The 4 man is called arena and the 8 groups are wzs.

I completely disagree with this design. We're solo queuing for one type of match where we might get destroyed by premades, or another fully pug group of a different type. I'd really like to know why you think this is wise.

^this :(

And please... allow to skip arenas in non RWZ queue! :(

Edited by Glower

All these news were abysmal news to me. When i started playing this game, I avoided PvP because I thought it was all about one gang trying to kill another gang. Luckily I found out that the Warzones, by having various objectives, required complex tactics. And it was those complex tactics that got me hooked and made me a player which today almost exclusively plays PvP.

The news today, however, tells me that PvP is becoming what I initally feared. Just a bunch of morons killing each other. How utterly dull.

It was also extremely disappointing to learn that when I queue for warzones, I'm just as likely to end up in one of these arenas. There should be separate queues for warzones and arenas. As of now, Huttball is the only warzone i quit before it starts, but after 2.4 I fear I'll have to queue, pop, quit and re-queue for a long time before I find one of the warzones that I actually wanna play.

I'm sorry to say it, but this was just hugely disappointing. I obviously haven't tried the arenas yet, but from what you're telling us, you're making the game less intelligent. Sounds to me that where warzones are for clever generals, arenas are for mindless grunts. Sophisticated tactics vs plain bashing. Nothing sounds more boring to me than the objective of the game just being killing your enemy.

Utterly dull.

I'm sorry to say it, but this was just hugely disappointing. I obviously haven't tried the arenas yet, but from what you're telling us, you're making the game less intelligent. Sounds to me that where warzones are for clever generals, arenas are for mindless grunts. Sophisticated tactics vs plain bashing. Nothing sounds more boring to me than the objective of the game just being killing your enemy.

Utterly dull.

Yet you leave every Huttball you're put into - the only warzone that can effectively played withough fighting at all. :p

Anyone with half a brain cell agrees with the blogpost from our new dev Alex.

You are doing the right thing bro DO NOT STOP.

Now if you:

- Nurf YOLOSMASH

- Fix deception so they have LESS yolo3buttonsburst but MORE SUSTAINED DAMAGE

- Fix madness (both ACs)

- Give DPS merc and Sorc the same RELIABILITY than a Sniper (without buffing their DPS)

- Tone down operative medic energy regen to reasonable levels

- Give concealment more survivability without touching their DPS potential or playstile (buff shield probe / evasion for concealment only)

Then i will say you are the best dev ever and i will marry you in real life.

Im hot dont worry.

Edited by Laforet

No solo queue in normal matchmaking.

Solo queue in ranked arenas.

You can find me in ranked arenas at all times from now on! Really glad that I prefer playing DPS because I think that will be the determining factor. Tanks are usually dedicated to their role, healing is easy mode but there are a lot of garbage damage dealers out there and that should play in my favor. The first couple of weeks are going to be rough though, it takes a while for a system to seperate players and give them accurate ratings.

I also have a question; Was the update saying that all CD'es will be reset each round? Meaning that if you in reality have 2:30 left on the barrier CD it will be reset anyway? So sorcs/sages have 10 second immunity every round?

Edited by MidichIorian

I also have a question; Was the update saying that all CD'es will be reset each round? Meaning that if you in reality have 2:30 left on the barrier CD it will be reset anyway? So sorcs/sages have 10 second immunity every round?

That is indeed what the update said. I think it's better this way, with three battles you would have to get overtly technical with your CD's to use them to their maximum utility. Would bring about a whole new metagame, though - maybe give a chance for both options? :)

Anyone with half a brain cell agrees with the blogpost from our new dev Alex.

You are doing the right thing bro DO NOT STOP.

Now if you:

- Nurf YOLOSMASH

- Fix deception so they have LESS yolo3buttonsburst but MORE SUSTAINED DAMAGE

- Fix madness (both ACs)

- Give DPS merc and Sorc the same RELIABILITY than a Sniper (without buffing their DPS)

- Tone down operative medic energy regen to reasonable levels

- Give concealment more survivability without touching their DPS potential or playstile (buff shield probe / evasion for concealment only)

Then i will say you are the best dev ever and i will marry you in real life.

Im hot dont worry.

I fully support every one of your points, this would indeed bring balance to the force. :)