Karen Traviss

Artein

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, this is actually a time period that, at the time, there was relatively little detail about, which means all she needed to do for research was watch episodes 1 through 3. Also, it deals relatively little with the Jedi, so you're not exposed to her ignorant views on that issue.

Though I would suggest, after this, you give authors like Zahn and Stackpole a shot. They're probably the most "star warsy" authors out there. Luceno's up there with them.

True, but at least he died for a legitimate reason and in a cool way. Mara was kicking Jacen ***, to be undone by poison was so humiliating for such an awesome character.

a cheap shot is how most jedi have died in lore.... look at order 66... pretty much the majority of the order was wiped out by a cheap stab in the back rather than in an honest fight.... when you portray characters like Mara and the other Jedi masters as being so powerful it's rather hard to come up with decent situations where they would die believably... besides it played to what Jacen was becoming and it was supposed to be a humiliating and cheap win... Sith are suppose to embody deceit and they are known to cheat in fights... if he had just killed her in fair combat it wouldn't make much sense and there would have been even more rage about it

I understand her problem with the peaceful hippy Mando's tho... I mean since they had a name they have been portrayed as ruthless combatants in every single EU work they were mentioned in... to all of a sudden have a whole planet of them that are peaceful just seems odd... it would be like them having a planet of Sith that are peaceful and just want to get along... but I've come to expect that kind of stuff from the Clone Wars cartoons... I mean Darth Maul coming back with robot legs... come on

Edited by Liquidacid