New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

Bioware needs to understand that things on CD and things only on GCD should not be treated the same.

I hope Bioware reads this ^. Or at least add the option in preferences like other people are saying. Thats what the preferences tab is there for in the first place right?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with you. I can see which are up during GCD fine. But I guess we're all different, I don't know.

No, you can't. I half want to make a video with me spamming my buff, just to show you that all my abilities look like the exact same greyed out white bordered thing when the GCD is active, regardless of whether I can use the ability or not.

No, you can't. I half want to make a video with me spamming my buff, just to show you that all my abilities look like the exact same greyed out white bordered thing when the GCD is active, regardless of whether I can use the ability or not.

No, I can. Don't tell me I can't. YOU can't tell the difference, I won't argue that.

Please, Devs, go find your colleagues who play Sith Warriors or Jedi Knights and get them to explain to how how utterly horrible this change is.

You don't really see the problem if you're playing a class that starts with a full resource bar & uses it up or has a "heat" bar like bounty hunters. The majority of your abilities will be usable when off cooldown unless your bar is empty or full.

The horror is only apparent when you're trying to manage building and using resources simultaneously.

As a Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight this change has made it much much harder to determine which abilities will have enough rage/focus available to be used once the GCD or ability cooldown finishes.

There are classes for whom this is a good change and classes for whom this is almost a game-breaker.

Give us the options to customise our own UIs for our class and play style. How about options to modify the border so that its:

• On for all cooldowns / On for long cooldowns and Off for global cooldown / Totally off.
  • Chose a color for the border (it wouldn't be quite so bad if it was dark instead of light)

The new change is just awful when trying to play my Jedi Sentinel. I was having fun playing yesterday, now today I am staring at the quickbar trying to figure out what is on cooldown, and what is just greyed out from the GCD. Amazing that the improvements keep seeming to make things worse.

No, I can. Don't tell me I can't. YOU can't tell the difference, I won't argue that.

It's a simple fact, there is no my opinion vs your opinion about it. You don't even know what the issue is, apparently.

Edited by Wazooty

Please, Devs, go find your colleagues who play Sith Warriors or Jedi Knights and get them to explain to how how utterly horrible this change is.

You don't really see the problem if you're playing a class that starts with a full resource bar & uses it up or has a "heat" bar like bounty hunters. The majority of your abilities will be usable when off cooldown unless your bar is empty or full.

this is well put. This new change almost makes knight/warrior unplayable....FIX THIS!!!

err unfix it...

Unbelievable how they took the original system, and being unable to fix a bug in GCD display in it, ruined it, and when ppl started complaining, instead of fixing it they just turned, the already bad iteration into something horrible.

Seriously, where are you headed BW?

Make a video then, like you said you would.

Every single skill gets greyed out. Healers cant tell if in that gcd a tank or dps have moved out of ranged until after your gcd. Activation skills like "high impact bolt" cant be seen until after the gcd. so with some classes having more than 3 trying to plan out your rotation before the gcd has finished is nigh on impossible atm.

How can you argue against fact? :S

Ok, make a video then, like you said you half wanted to. That'll put it to rest.

Not in the mood. Besides, you could read 99% of the posts in the numerous threads on the issue and perhaps educate yourself. I'm not really worried about one persons differing opinion in a sea of people who understand the issue.

Easier solution: BioWare needs to log onto WoW and takes some !@#$ing notes.

YOU Are what is wrong with todays MMO genre, leave this thread, just because you want a World of Warcraft clone does NOT mean others do, go back to LFR.

Good job with the new effects.

What´s the next step? Losing Wz wins instead of just not counting them?

The fist principle of computing is: If anything works fine, while you don´t have a clue why... just DON´T TOUCH IT.

Not in the mood. Besides, you could read 99% of the posts in the numerous threads on the issue and perhaps educate yourself. I'm not really worried about one persons differing opinion in a sea of people who understand the issue.

I have read, and all I see is people saying it's bad and they can't tell what's ready anymore while the GCD is still up.

I don't have a problem, I can see a difference in abilities that are ready or not underneath the GCD cooldown. It's not as bright as some would like, but I see it. Or is that not what you mean?

The new ability bar cooldown effects are just... horrible. The very first ones were best for me imo (when the game was just released). Patch that changed them made them worser for me and now I am just unable to play. T_T BioWare bring back the original ability bar cooldown effects please! I do not understand why people complained about them in the first place, they were fine.

YOU Are what is wrong with todays MMO genre, leave this thread, just because you want a World of Warcraft clone does NOT mean others do, go back to LFR.

Wows GCD system is superior. Simple fact. I know it hurts you to admit it.

Also, news flash: this IS a wow clone. Just because it's missing 50% of wows content doesn't mean it isn't.

I hate people who apparently want to make the game worse because apparently EVERYTHING wow did is wrong and bad.