Agent Ending

Charell

There is really just three endings, but there are some major variations within the three endings so some some of the variations are considered seperate endings.

Which of the three endings you get is pretty much determined by what you with the codex in the end.

Give the Codex to the SIth: You become the head of the new Imperial Intellegence.

Use the codex on yourself: You become a "free agent" with no record of your existence in Imperial Intellegence.

Do anything else with the codex: You become an agent in the new Imperial Intellegence. There are several versions of this with very minor variants depending on what precisely you do with the codex, although whether there will be any actual consequences of some of them is unknown at this time. Variants include destroying the Codex, giving the Codex to the Republic(with the option of becoming a double agent for the Republic which likely will come up again), and keeping the codex but not using it.

Technically I think every ending has a "Dark Council" and "Hand of Jadus" version, but I cannot recall off the top of my head how much of a difference there really is between the two in any ending. I believe Jadus sends different agents than the Council, but I don't recall if there are really any other differences other than a couple of changed lines.

As I understood it, there were three endings:

1: Give Codex to Jadus'/Dark Council's Sith (only available if you kill Ardun)

2: Become a Free Agent

3: Give Codex to Ardun (only available if you let him flee)

1 means that you become head of the new Sith Intelligence

2 covers all possibilities when you don't give to codex to the Sith/Ardun and you become a free agent

3 means that you become Ardun Koth's ally

As I understood it, there were three endings:

1: Give Codex to Jadus'/Dark Council's Sith (only available if you kill Ardun)

2: Become a Free Agent

3: Give Codex to Ardun (only available if you let him flee)

1 means that you become head of the new Sith Intelligence

2 covers all possibilities when you don't give to codex to the Sith/Ardun and you become a free agent

3 means that you become Ardun Koth's ally

Well 3 also means, being able to work with the Republic as SIS.

I don't ever recall being given the option to give the codex to Ardun. If I had been given that option, I'd have taken it.

Honestly, my agent is tired of the Empire and it's many many follies. And especially of the Sith.

When exactly do you get the chance to give it to Ardun? I'm seriously considering rerolling my (level 50) Agent because of this.

(And because she'd probably have talked Jadus down rather than fight him, another option I wasn't aware of there being. I don't know if it's because I'm stupid, or because those points of divergence aren't really clear.)

Edited by Zandilar

I don't ever recall being given the option to give the codex to Ardun. If I had been given that option, I'd have taken it.

Honestly, my agent is tired of the Empire and it's many many follies. And especially of the Sith.

When exactly do you get the chance to give it to Ardun? I'm seriously considering rerolling my (level 50) Agent because of this.

(And because she'd probably have talked Jadus down rather than fight him, another option I wasn't aware of there being. I don't know if it's because I'm stupid, or because those points of divergence aren't really clear.)

You have to spare Ardun Kothe, possibly with a specific LS option (I didn't do it myself), at the end of Act 2. If you chose the "right" way, he will approach you in the Codex chamber right after you beat Hunter, rather than the two Sith who will otherwise approach you there.

Talking Jadus down requires a truly suicidal level of standing your ground. I gave up after only a few minutes and allowed a fight to start. It isn't at all obvious that you can bluff your way out.

You have to spare Ardun Kothe, possibly with a specific LS option (I didn't do it myself), at the end of Act 2. If you chose the "right" way, he will approach you in the Codex chamber right after you beat Hunter, rather than the two Sith who will otherwise approach you there.

Talking Jadus down requires a truly suicidal level of standing your ground. I gave up after only a few minutes and allowed a fight to start. It isn't at all obvious that you can bluff your way out.

You have to spare him and I think Chance too.

As far as talking Jadus down goes, I find that option super unsatisfying, because it is logically inconsistent. He doesn't need your codes, they will fire on their own anyway if left alone long enough, it just won't be as neat and orderly as he planned. Given that, he has no reason not to kill you, unless whatever he did to you in his office when making you his 'vessel' (ugh) was really significant to him in some way that implies that killing you would dramatically diminish him.

You can't bluff it, but you actually can talk him out of it, then you fight the rest of his people on the ship instead.

You can't bluff it, but you actually can talk him out of it, then you fight the rest of his people on the ship instead.

Yep, if you talk him down enough, you get the option to say "My Allies are listening". That will convince him that he can't win as the conversation's being recorded. I made the error of saying that the ship was rigged to blow, but Jadus laughed it off and instead I fought him.