question about palpatine

einsoff

I always thought It was just Darth Sidious showing his true form.

When he bombarded Mace, and Luke with it their faces didn't change at all.

Err....the both of them didn't have lighting directly going into their faces they had it all going everywhere so it was all spread out.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Err....the both of them didn't have lighting directly going into their faces they had it all going everywhere so it was all spread out.

I just watched it again, and It's not going Directly into his face, It's spread out too, plus I think some of it might be absorbed by Windu's lightsaber, like Dooku's was against Obi-Wan's.

Also, his hands also clearly disfigures themselves, If you say It's all going directly to his face why would his hands be affected? He also doesn't scream in agony like Mace, and Luke.

Lets say It was, why didn't he scream in pain like everyone else he blasts with lightning? And why did his hands disfigure as well?

Because hes a beast and he wanted to make Anakin believe he was dieing by whimpering and moaning so that Anakin would be pressured into saving his life, which in turn made Palpatine's plan a success.

Lets say It was, why didn't he scream in pain like everyone else he blasts with lightning? And why did his hands disfigure as well?

Why does he need to scream to be in pain? As for the hands...perhaps the lighting got those too, I mean they were right almost next to his face shooting out lighting.

is there a precedent for electricity or force lightening turning people into monsters? i mean even his voice changed and he sounded like a lizard and it was all reverby. did the lightening go into his larynx and melt that too? why did it make his forehead so big and weird?

Why does he need to scream to be in pain?

It kinda proves he is in fact taking the majority of his lightning directly to his face, something Mace, and Luke makes sound like It Is quite painful. I have a hard time imagining even Sidious could remain silent, and speak while taking that amount of pain to his face. Luke only managed to yell for his dad, Sidious spoke more coherent sentences to Anakin.

As for the hands...perhaps the lighting got those too, I mean they were right almost next to his face shooting out lighting.

Granted, but still even after Mace and Luke received the same treatment, Mace maybe more so, they showed no visibly signs of scarring like Sidious did.

Force lightning really does not make sense at all... The electricity would hurt the user just as much as the person they were blasting because electricity needs to form a complete circuit.

It's not real electricity. It's electricity created by the force.

Force lightning really does not make sense at all... The electricity would hurt the user just as much as the person they were blasting because electricity needs to form a complete circuit.

Of course it makes no sense. Luke wouldn't be screaming in pain like that and just moving back and forth, he'd should have been getting electrocuted and would not be able to control his body at all.

Another example would be the trooper in one of the SWTOR trailers, there is no way he could continue to charge into Malgus while getting electrocuted.

Of course it makes no sense. Luke wouldn't be screaming in pain like that and just moving back and forth, he'd should have been getting electrocuted and would not be able to control his body at all.

Another example would be the trooper in one of the SWTOR trailers, there is no way he could continue to charge into Malgus while getting electrocuted.

Palps had the most powerful Force Lightning. He could kill most with one bolt. He just tuned it down for Luke, cause of his enjoyment.

That's a source of some debate. Some say that Palpatine was using some sort of Sith Alchemical ritual to hide his Dark Side corruption, and the barrage of Force Lightning shredded that protection, revealing his Dark Side corruption for all to see. Perhaps it was just the reflected Force Lightning scarring him. Or perhaps, in that nexus of balance between Light and Dark, as the scales tipped into the Dark, the Dark Side finally exacted its terrible price from Darth Sidious.

Well, since Palp was intentionally making it appear that Wendu had the advantage in order to facilitate Anakin's turn, I say it was Palp revealing his true form. Besides, if it was really hurting him wouldn't he be smart enough to simply stop casting the force lightning? On the other hand, how could Wendu be dumb enough to not figure this out on his own?

In the wookieepedia page for papa palpatine it says the Mace reflected the lightning back to Palp which revealed his true form.

The quotes here explain it all http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Evil_Within

Yeah i read all those quotes, no where does Ian McDiarmid claim It was the lightning on It's own doing the damage.

In fact all those quotes support the theory I'm defending In that Sidious merely revealed his true form, and that It wasn't a result of the lightning scarring him.

Thanks for the link mate.

Or, that Sidious just got seared by his own lightning. Not just the face but his whole body. simple as that. Why didnt happen to Luke? Because it was a different movie, a different Era (70's VS 2000's). He just got burned by his lightning.

Why didnt he stop? The only thing that kept Windu from hacking him up was the lightning. Letting it go would mean freeing up Windu. He kept it up as much as he could before he physically collapsed.

Or, that Sidious just got seared by his own lightning. Not just the face but his whole body. simple as that. Why didnt happen to Luke? Because it was a different movie, a different Era (70's VS 2000's). He just got burned by his lightning.

Why didnt he stop? The only thing that kept Windu from hacking him up was the lightning. Letting it go would mean freeing up Windu. He kept it up as much as he could before he physically collapsed.

he eventually did stop and mace windu didnt do anything

always assumed it was just a plot device or cookie , a little this is how the emp turned into this. moment

as lightning doesn't inflict the sort of damage he took or behave in the way "force lightning" does so i always assumed it was just him over reaching to hold windu off.

Yeah i read all those quotes, no where does Ian McDiarmid claim It was the lightning on It's own doing the damage.

In fact all those quotes support the theory I'm defending In that Sidious merely revealed his true form, and that It wasn't a result of the lightning scarring him.

Thanks for the link mate.

+1 on that.

Palp reviled his true form.