The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

Selenial

I'm conflicted about this episode,

The ending was predictable yes, but the storyline and conversation between Anakin and Ahsoka were incredible....

I'm hoping season 6 does happen, but I'm scared, a reviewer of TCW episodes was told that if we want season 6.... Now is the time to make a racket. Not the announcements in march.

I think we're going to see Ashoka back, and we might see her as a knight, or she could also be a general in the republic whilst not being a Jedi. I think if season 6 doesn't come, she'll stay rogue, hell we might even see her return in episode 7, that would be pretty cool ^^

I was a little upset that it was barris, and her line about "I think they (red sabers) suit me" made my skin crawl, that's not why she did it, she's not a dark Jedi, she thinks she is following the light so she would not wish to wield red sabers... Her speech however made up for it, it was very moving, almost as much as Anakin/Ahsoka

Season 6 could not come fast enough... :L

Edited by Selenial

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected it to be Barris after the fight in the warehouse, but didn't really expect this ending. How are they going to weave stories with her when she's not technically part of the Republic Army/Jedi Order any more? Unless of course, the Separatists play an even smaller role in the coming Season 6. This actually sounds likely considering the episode names you've provided (cheers for that), as they sound very Sith-y talking about Dark Lord, Korriban and the Death Star.

Back onto the episode, I too cringed a bit at the red sabers thing, but maybe she was referring more to the style of the hilts, or the fact that red is a far a colour as you can get from the current Jedi Order (which she despises). In any case, it doesn't matter. She was done for ever since the guards spotted them fighting, with the death warrant stamped when the younglings and everyone else saw the fight. An interesting twist to the character, but one which others could see from the start of the arc. My only other question is what're they going to do with Ventress? Fighting with pipes is comical, but a grand villain it does not make.

Indeed, this episode raises too many questions for it to be the last...

What happens to barris?

Will she die?

Exile?

Imprisonment?

Ventress?

Does she steal her sabers back?

Does she get her promise of forgiveness?

Did Ashoka remember to ask the Jedi?

Does she stay a bounty hunter?

Does Ashoka remain a crucial element of TCW?

Will dooku attempt to turn her?

Will Anakin try get her back?

Does she know about Anakin and Padme? Their discussion at the end makes me think she might...

What will the council do?

Will they make any attempt to reconcile with Ahsoka?

Will Maul return in season 6?

Does palpatines vision for him come in this season?

Too many questions... It can't end here

I thought it was a great episode, now it's just the issue that I want to know what happens from here, will Barriss remain captured? Where does Ahsoka end up? She would have to either come back, stay independent trying to help from there, or she might even end up having to join the Separatists.

And personally I liked Barriss's comment about her preference for Ventress's lightsabers, I don't think she views them as Sith weapons as much as she perceive them as anti jedi order, it might also be that she likes the dual wielding style, she seems very proficient in its use

The last few minutes were pretty much the best ones in the entire series.

We are now rid of her...fow now at least. She's turning into the female Zayne Carrick it seems though...

And also what I found ok, but iffy...

A silver blade is used by that one Jedi Elder from a few seasons ago while he's training those brats from most of this season...guess we're getting more EU to soft canon crossovers again.

What I loved..

More Darkside / Anakin falling, and the fight between he and Barris..the slow-mo feel as he force grips her and throws her into that tree...we needed 4 seasons of that action....

Then there was the..

"I know." And Anakin has a "Oh ****..." reaction. Now did that imply that she knew of the whole Anakin - Padme thing, or just that Anakin has made it obvious that the council pisses him off a lot.

But yeah...it was beyond predictable (the fatal flaw of this series) of what was going to happen at the hearing...I really wish this show made a surprising event for once in awhile.

Edited by Eillack

I think it was the Padme thing, I personally think this was the right direction for the show. Anakin showed more of his darkside and while i detested Ahsoka, she has grown on me as the series has progressed and now I actually like her. This is the most plausible way to have her avoid order 66 and it can set her up to be an exile ala' obi wan that can potentiall have a big impact on episode 7. I am most definitely looking forward to season 6.

If they bring back the plot following shortly after jedi, she has potential to be lukes new teacher.

Edited by Ramaral

I think it was the Padme thing, I personally think this was the right direction for the show. Anakin showed more of his darkside and while i detested Ahsoka, she has grown on me as the series has progressed and now I actually like her. This is the most plausible way to have her avoid order 66 and it can set her up to be an exile ala' obi wan that can potentiall have a big impact on episode 7. I am most definitely looking forward to season 6.

If they bring back the plot following shortly after jedi, she has potential to be lukes new teacher.

You new around these parts? Not sure if serious....

For anyone wondering, this is the apparent episode list:

(No descriptions, just names)

Season 6 Six Episode 1 === The Influence of the Dark Lord

Season 6 vi Episode 2 === The Jawa Confusion

Season 6 Six Episode 3 === Planet of Fire

Season 6 vi Episode 4 === The Galaxy Decision

Season 6 Six Episode 5 === Enchantment on Korriban

Season 6 vi Episode 6 === Quest of the Heroes

Season 6 Six Episode 7 === Vision of the Sith

Season 6 vi Episode 8 === Origin of the Death Star Part 1

Season 6 Six Episode 9 === Origin of the Death Star Part 2

Season 6 vi Episode 10 === Empire of Fate

Season 6 Six Episode 11 === The Pirate Raiders

Season 6 vi Episode 12 === Star Fighter Run

Season 6 Six Episode 13 === Chariots of Tech Sing Part 1

Season 6 vi Episode 14 === Chariots of Tech Sing Part 2

Season 6 Six Episode 15 === Ways of Neutron

Season 6 vi Episode 16 === The Invisible Force

Season 6 Six Episode 17 === Understanding Lobot

Season 6 vi Episode 18 === Vengeance of Shadow Blade

Season 6 Six Episode 19 === Horrors of Valorius

Season 6 vi Episode 20 === Order From Chaos

Season 6 Six Episode 21 === They Are Named Legion Part 1

Season 6 vi Episode 22 === They Are Named Legion Part 2

Fake fake fake

Amazing episode and very moving ending. I loved it.

So fantastic was the dialogue between Anakin and Ahsoka, I could feel the pain they felt.

The fight with Barris was also awesome.

So many questions left unanswered which will probably be answered in Season 6.

but for a finale...I feel..sad,but amazed at what I just watched.

Fake fake fake

It's suspicious, especially now that three episodes from season 5, "An Old Firend", "Rise of Clovis" and "Crisis of the Heart" has been pushed into season 6

But then again the episode mentioning Jawas might mean it's legit, just based upon the fact that it has been mentioned that season 6 will have tuskens and Wolfpack in sand gear

Edited by SNCommand

It's suspicious, especially now that three episodes from season 5, "An Old Firend", "Rise of Clovis" and "Crisis of the Heart" has been pushed into season 6
There's also never been an episode in the series that was just called Pt. 2 of an earlier episode.

I just started watching this series the other week. Luckily, a local channel is showing season 1 reruns now. I had the movie that kicked off the series on DVD but never watched it until this past week. And cable on-demand has the last five episodes aired. And starwars.com has like 6 episodes online but 2 of those were from the on-demand five and two others were from the episodes the local channel aired this week.

But I was thinking it was easily Berris (sp?) then didn't think they'd do that because it was too obvious.

However, if they write off Asuka (sp?) from the Clone Wars and that's how she leaves Anakin, can they possibly bring in a very elderly version of her in the next trilogy since she probably escaped Order 66 if she's gone from the Order for good? She could be helping Luke guide the next gen Jedi in Episode 7. Now that would make sense of having the character just walk away instead of killing her off before they reach Episode 3 time.

Predictable and lackluster...though nice. If Ahsoka survives all the way and join's Luke's order I will just facepalm though...i'll watch the movie, I just won't like it we don't need anymore jedi surviving Order 66 especially if its Anakin's former padawan, why wouldn't he hunt her down and kill her himself as Vader? Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Predictable and lackluster...though nice. If Ahsoka survives all the way and join's Luke's order I will just facepalm though...i'll watch the movie, I just won't like it we don't need anymore jedi surviving Order 66 especially if its Anakin's former padawan, why wouldn't he hunt her down and kill her himself as Vader?

Not being in the Order at the time of 66, why would that force user even be near the clones to get axed? I thought it was silly for Luke (and Leia) to be the only 2 force people left.

Oh and maybe Anakin didn't hunt her down like he didn't hunt down his former master. And she just walked away from him, Kenobi cooked his @s$ and left him for dead. Who do you think he'd be madder at?

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Not being in the Order at the time of 66, why would that force user even be near the clones to get axed? I thought it was silly for Luke (and Leia) to be the only 2 force people left.

Oh and maybe Anakin didn't hunt her down like he didn't hunt down his former master. And she just walked away from him, Kenobi cooked his @s$ and left him for dead. Who do you think he'd be madder at?

Hey just because she isn't apart of the Jedi Order anymore, doesn't mean she is safe. Galen Marek's parents weren't apart of the Order by the time Order 66 came around and Vader killed Galen's dad. Also yes...Vader's job was to hunt down any remaining/surviving jedi, so very well Ahsoka could be hunted down and killed regardless of her standing. Plus it is the NEW Jedi Order, not the Semi-New Jedi Order there are already a few Jedi from the Old JO that survived and joined Luke's we don't really need more.

Besides, if Jedi just keep surviving and then popping up out of nowhere later it is just showing that Palpatine/Vader and the GE couldn't do their jobs right and make themselves look like morons.

Hey just because she isn't apart of the Jedi Order anymore, doesn't mean she is safe. Galen Marek's parents weren't apart of the Order by the time Order 66 came around and Vader killed Galen's dad. Also yes...Vader's job was to hunt down any remaining/surviving jedi, so very well Ahsoka could be hunted down and killed regardless of her standing. Plus it is the NEW Jedi Order, not the Semi-New Jedi Order there are already a few Jedi from the Old JO that survived and joined Luke's we don't really need more.

Besides, if Jedi just keep surviving and then popping up out of nowhere later it is just showing that Palpatine/Vader and the GE couldn't do their jobs right and make themselves look like morons.

You are talking about books. Disney has stated they are going original. So you don't know who they plan to have as part of the Jedi Order in 7. I know the nerd-tears will be flowing strong with people if people from their favorite books are not even mentioned.

As for popping up out of nowhere, has it dawned on you that Jedi are not supposed to have offspring in the times. Episode 7 might have new rules since it's being rebuilt after the fall of the Empire in RotJ. So yes, they did pop up out of nowhere a lot of times.

And everything you said about why she can't be used in relation to 66 can also be applied to Kenobi. Yet, he was living on the planet where Anakin was born with one of his children nearby.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

You are talking about books. Disney has stated they are going original. So you don't know who they plan to have as part of the Jedi Order in 7. I know the nerd-tears will be flowing strong with people if people from their favorite books are not even mentioned.

As for popping up out of nowhere, has it dawned on you that Jedi are not supposed to have offspring in the times. Episode 7 might have new rules since it's being rebuilt after the fall of the Empire in RotJ. So yes, they did pop up out of nowhere a lot of times.

And everything you said about why she can't be used in relation to 66 can also be applied to Kenobi. Yet, he was living on the planet where Anakin was born with one of his children nearby.

Yes I realize that they aren't suppose to have them, what I mean by popping up is. Old Jedi from the old JO coming out and showing themselves. Yes he was living on a planet, that Anakin didn't want to go anywhere near.

I know Disney is going original, but following the movies anyway any surviving Jedi were hunted down, just because they weren't shown doesn't mean that its true. But anyway...we shall see what happens.

Besides it isn't like, there can't be other Force Users out there who can't be trained as Jedi which is what Luke did regardless of age.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yes I realize that they aren't suppose to have them, what I mean by popping up is. Old Jedi from the old JO coming out and showing themselves. Yes he was living on a planet, that Anakin didn't want to go anywhere near.

I know Disney is going original, but following the movies anyway any surviving Jedi were hunted down, just because they weren't shown doesn't mean that its true. But anyway...we shall see what happens.

And Kenobi survived until old age and then going to the Death Star. So who says no other force users survived to old age. Just because they weren't in the battle doesn't mean it's not true. Funny how that works both ways, huh?

And since Kenobi knew of Leia, why did he say to Yoda in Empire that Luke was their only hope and Yoda said no there is another? It may not be force powers alone what Obi-Wan thought of Luke being the only hope but also his willingness to fight the Empire and embrace the Jedi teachings. Very possible since Kenobi didn't have memory issues I don't think forgetting two babies came out and Senator Organa took one.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Just watched Anakin fighting Barriss, when Barriss kicked Anakin down one of the temple walls and charged him, did anyone else hear the same sound as when Palpatine charged the jedi in Episode III? It seemed fainter, but still similar, they should use it when charging as a Sith Warrior when I think about it

And Kenobi survived until old age and then going to the Death Star. So who says no other force users survived to old age. Just because they weren't in the battle doesn't mean it's not true. Funny how that works both ways, huh?

Because even after the initial Order, the Jedi were still hunted down even if they weren't in the battle? I ain't saying that some Jedi couldn't survive, but we don't need a whole lot or some just appearing from thin air. There have already been 4 jedi that survived long enough, to join Luke's order..which is fine, but I don't think we need more then that.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Because even after the initial Order, the Jedi were still hunted down even if they weren't in the battle? I ain't saying that some Jedi couldn't survive, but we don't need a whole lot or some just appearing from thin air. There have already been 4 jedi that survived long enough, to join Luke's order..which is fine, but I don't think we need more then that.

Did Kenobi live years on Tatooine after 66? Yes. Therefore it's possible other force users especially those not in the Order and not in the initial attack survived. Plus there was Yoda self-exiled on a planet too.

And you sure of the 4 again? Did Disney already say the rest of the cast of the movie? I missed that. Link please? If you are talking about the books, they may or may not be in 7. Only force users Disney has even official said are Luke, Leia, and their kids. We don't even know if it will be the same kids.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo