They need to release 1.2 patch notes early.

evildestroyer

A lot of people i know on my server are on the verge to quit this game and hoping for 1.2 to be great. Some people i know have already quit and there are more everyday.

I think they need to release the 1.2 patchnotes or what ever they have done so far to give people a heads up and maybe if they see what they like they wont bother unsubbing or quitting altogether.

Why? When people finally see the patch notes for 1.2 and realize it's just another game update with no real bite or lasting impact on the game, they'll quit anyway.

BioWare is smart to keep the notes in-house until the last minute--it keeps us (read: you) on the hamster wheel.

1.2 is not the patch you're looking for.

Edited by Dezzi

Why? When people finally see the patch notes for 1.2 and realize it's just another game update with no real bite or lasting impact on the game, they'll quit anyway.

BioWare is smart to keep the notes in-house until the last minute--it keeps us (read: you) on the hamster wheel.

1.2 is not the patch you're looking for.

Every set of patch notes is released a few weeks in advance, when the patch is pushed to the test server. :rolleyes:

i'm also going to need the patch notes for Version 5.1

i need to know what you guys got planned on the 5th expansion first content patch.

after all my sub is on the line here. if i cancel that. well i'll just go back to standing in Stormwind and zoning out until my DF pops.

Every set of patch notes is released a few weeks in advance, when the patch is pushed to the test server. :rolleyes:

By a few, you mean one right?

And if you think 1.2 (or any patch) will undergo any significant changes once pushed to the live test server, you're crazy. Public test servers generally serve two major purposes: on the one hand they provide testing for bugs and gauge players' reactions to changes or addition, while on the other they provide a week-long buffer for the team to flesh out patches for the patch (they're always working on a build at least one step ahead of what we actually play).

So no, they won't publicly release patch notes until there's a reason to--when people can test the content; I can't recall a team ever publishing notes when they weren't attached to a physical build of the game that players or testers could play.

Edited by Dezzi