Lost Island, ***...

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only issue with this place is that you're penalized if you bring a DPS Commando. Having anyone in here without an interrupt just makes the place needlessly more difficult than it has to be.

2 interrupts are enough for this fight. That being said, you are right it's more difficult. Is it needlessly more difficult? That's a balancing issue.

Edited by vandana_

You see there was something called Public Test that lasted a month that was open to everyone with a subscription. If you feel so compelled now that you think the FP is OP than how about testing it with everyone else instead of complaining. :rolleyes:

You really have no idea what you are going on about do you? Yes, I will roll a new character and level him to 50 and get full rakata gear and then I can test the new flashpoint. All in less than a month or so. That's your big "I roll my eyes at you like I am better than you" answer.

Edited by Destronicus

No. The boss is not even remotely insanely hard. Stop QQing. If you can't kite the boss properly (avoid the middle vent area) you are supposed to die from plasma. Also, use interrupts on plasma arcs.

I think the difficulty on this fight is just fine and I love this fight for how intense it is. People like you will get this game back to the miserable trivial pre 1.2 state.

I was not crying, i was just giving my few cents. If you don't like it or do not agree with it thats your choice but at least comment normally or just keep your damn mouth shut.

I also have no problem with the damage output of the attacks, just the insane amount of spam the boss does with Plasma Arc. Combined with everything else this encounter has, its just to much. Lower the spam of Plasma Arc slightly and its fine.

Also if this boss is supposed to be kited, then Implement a visual representation of where the lava is going to shoot, don't make it a guessing game. Though I am fine with the way it is now, if they lower the plasma arc spam.

I was not crying, i was just giving my few cents. If you don't like it or do not agree with it thats your choice but at least comment normally or just keep your damn mouth shut.

I also have no problem with the damage output of the attacks, just the insane amount of spam the boss does with Plasma Arc. Combined with everything else this encounter has, its just to much. Lower the spam of Plasma Arc slightly and its fine.

Also if this boss is supposed to be kited, then Implement a visual representation of where the lava is going to shoot, don't make it a guessing game. Though I am fine with the way it is now, if they lower the plasma arc spam.

Firstly there is visual representation before lava comes up secondly your DPS should be able to interrupt some of the plasma arcs ... ppl this really is not a hard fight once you understand mechanics

2 interrupts are enough for this fight. That being said, you are right it's more difficult. Is it needlessly more difficult? That's a balancing issue.

Try 3 minimum. The plasma arc is used about every 10 seconds, interrupts are on longer cooldowns than this. And you have to have someone for incinerate watching only that cause as soon as a plasma arc is interrupted, the droid will likely throw incinerate (as it has a 15 second cooldown).

Firstly there is visual representation before lava comes up secondly your DPS should be able to interrupt some of the plasma arcs ... ppl this really is not a hard fight once you understand mechanics

I have been paying attention to the fight the entire time and I do not see a visual representation of the lava going to burst out, before it actually happens.

If you go with 2 melee dps then place everybody on top of the tank so the tank can move as the sphere will spawn on the group.

Then the Tank can just move out of the sphere and the group will follow.

That way you wont have problems with random spheres.

Also it makes it easy for the adds as you can just mass taunt em as a tank.

The boss will only set a sphere on anyone but the tank.

Place everybody on the tank you can kite around easy.

Just my 2 cents.:)

Try 3 minimum. The plasma arc is used about every 10 seconds, interrupts are on longer cooldowns than this. And you have to have someone for incinerate watching only that cause as soon as a plasma arc is interrupted, the droid will likely throw incinerate (as it has a 15 second cooldown).

This is why your tank should only interrupt incinerate and nothing else and dps should interrupt plasma arc ... also kiting the boss is must in this fight so try that ...

I have been paying attention to the fight the entire time and I do not see a visual representation of the lava going to burst out, before it actually happens.

I don't know what to say ... either you are not looking hard enough or it doesn't show it on low graphics I don't know but if you think it is a bug then I suggest you make a ticket about it ... for me the panels what are going to get lava burst are getting brighter just before you will actually take damage from it enough time to move away from that panel ...

This is why your tank should only interrupt incinerate and nothing else and dps should interrupt plasma arc ... also kiting the boss is must in this fight so try that ...

I don't know what to say ... either you are not looking hard enough or it doesn't show it on low graphics I don't know but if you think it is a bug then I suggest you make a ticket about it ... for me the panels what are going to get lava burst are getting brighter just before you will actually take damage from it enough time to move away from that panel ...

Weird, I play on high graphics, except shadows sicne I got that turned off. Hmm when I try again tomorrow I'll recheck. who knows, maybe I just wasnt looking hard enough

My main problem with the fight is the mechanics really punish DPS Mercs (Plasma is much more common there). It felt like we really needed 3 people interrupting, and our healer was being run ragged trying to keep us alive.

Also, a flashpoint that basically requires full Columi really doesn't need to drop more Columi pieces.

Personally, I feel an easier version dropping only the columi mainhand should have been made, and the current version (Perhaps even made a bit harder) could have been the First Nightmare Mode flashpoint.

I really hope bioware just leaves it alone. It's not a bugged POS that's stopping you from killing it. It's just harder than any other hardmode to this point which is how it should be. If you are not willing or able to kill it in it's current state get better or do story mode so you can still experience the content.

My main problem with the fight is the mechanics really punish DPS Mercs (Plasma is much more common there). It felt like we really needed 3 people interrupting, and our healer was being run ragged trying to keep us alive.

Also, a flashpoint that basically requires full Columi really doesn't need to drop more Columi pieces.

Personally, I feel an easier version dropping only the columi mainhand should have been made, and the current version (Perhaps even made a bit harder) could have been the First Nightmare Mode flashpoint.

Now now even a full rakata geared person can benefit from this FP by ripping out mods and armoring and replacing what they currently have ...

I thought this was a great and fun flashpoint, did it on hardmode first time tonight in about 2hrs. You really have to learn the fight and then it's not so bad.

The only problem I have is you need to be full columi at least or columi with some rakata pieces which begs the question why would you want to go down there when you can get that gear easier in the older flashpoints hm and ops?

It would be nice that because of the difficulty of it the last boss could drop 2 blackhole tokens or the other bosses have a chance to drop rakata also...

I loved it my guild had a few wipes but it was was fun :) we actually had to talk and do osmething called teamwork in a mmo. I think it was the first time in a flashpoint that we actually felt rewarded for finishing.

End game content like this is what will keep me subbing ty bio for a show of good faith that u can add some challenge to this game :)

We cleared Hard Mode today as well. There risk vs reward in this place is horrible. Why does it drop tionese crystals and columni (minus the rakata chest) in a place that requires everyone to already be at least full columni with some rakata. This makes absolutely no sense at all. The itemization team really messed up here.

I thought this was a great and fun flashpoint, did it on hardmode first time tonight in about 2hrs. You really have to learn the fight and then it's not so bad.

The only problem I have is you need to be full columi at least or columi with some rakata pieces which begs the question why would you want to go down there when you can get that gear easier in the older flashpoints hm and ops?

It would be nice that because of the difficulty of it the last boss could drop 2 blackhole tokens or the other bosses have a chance to drop rakata also...

Now you have your dailys and weeklys ... did you actually take the quest that gives 8 blackhole tokens after you have finished lost island HM and Kaon HM ?

Well ive not long compleated it with me (assassin tank) and assassin dps scorc dps and operitve healer.Was it hard HELL YEA was it fun *********** HELL YEA!!. First real sence of achievement ive had in this game so far finally had to work for something. However yes i feel maybe the gear drops are a little out of scale with the place but pleeeaasse bioware don't nerf the instance make more of them :)

I'd like to thank Bioware for Lost Island hardmode in the form it is currently present in game, it's challenging, bug free and absolutely doable given the strategy is ajusted and re-ajusted few times.

For the folks still struggling: re-think your strategy if it's not enough for you, soon there will be detailed guides and it will get easier, glad to have done it before there was any walkthroughs. Our group was geared in a mix of columi /tionese/ battlemaster with sin tank having a couple rakata pieces.

P.S. Keep trying, change things, it's very rewarding at the end. Felt like I had a night with supermodel.

Yeah ok it's hard and a total pain the the ***.

I was on my commando healer and I ended up giving up with it. An hour later I went on my jug tank and found a group that only needed a tank so I thought "why not". After 4 attempts on the Droid we finally took him down and smote his carcass upon the mountain side.

(10 points to griffindor to anyone who can tell me what book series I referenced there)

The geothermal plant boss, 4 tries and a kill. Eventually we got to the final boss who brought out the hammer of god on us and destroyed us about 10 times. Eventually we got him to his third phase where he fully becomes a rakghoul. Got him to 40% then we died due to the pretty insane Dot stacking debuff (don't have a clue how I woulda healed this on my commando) then our healer wanted to call it.

All in all it takes a lot of strategy which I thank BW for and the feeling of satisfaction from eventually killing the bosses is immense. I will say the gear is good for those who havn't done ops yet so for a FP it is pretty good lootwise. I will saythough, it being a FP and dropping only columi until the final boss (with a nice rakata chest piece), it could be toned down a bit a perhaps the droid (toned down ever so slightly) and the final boss where you have to actually buy rakghoul serum to help you. Apart from that i'm going to keep trying until we take down the final boss as it is a good way of getting a rakata chest piece without having to get a hm ops run for SOA.

Edited by Lordgeneral

LOL, people think this game's content is to hard? They clearly haven't hear of diablo.

I love a challenge. Hate seeing everyone with full rakata and bm gear. You know its easy to obtain endgame gear when everyone has it within the first few weeks.

Edited by Acusiad

2 ranged DPS this is the theme for everyone that says the Droid was not hard just move out of the stuff. Try it with 2 melee dps, its a whole other fight.

True, I love a challenge as much as anyone but the raw, pure melee hate coming out of this instance is just infuriating.

We're on try #15 or so at the moment with a pure melee team. Vanguard (tank), Guardian, Sage (healer), Scoundrel.

I'm 100% confident we'd have killed this encounter hours ago had we had even a single ranged DPS char.

But somehow this encounter (Robot thing) just spouts out myriads of unexplained damage at melees. It feels like another one of those "**** melee" encounters designed by Failware encounter designers that for some reason must HATE melees so bad because everything is a *********** joke with ranged.

Edited by Dee-Jay

PErsonally, I'd prefer there to be a slower jump in Hard Mode difficulty, with something maybe a little harder than the current form representing "Nightmare Mode".

To use a Mass Effect analogy; Story Mode would be Easy-Normal difficulty (Designed to ease people into the game, and for relaxed gaming), hard Mode would be veteran difficulty (Designed to challenge people who understand the game mechanics, or provide expert players with a relatively laid back run), and Nightmare mode would be comparable to Insanity without some of the things that made Mass Effect Insanity easier* (Intended for expert players, and existing mainly for the sake of being challenging and bragging rights)

* I.E. Starting ME1 Insanity mode with a 1st level adept or something, or starting ME2 with a high level character of a weaker class**, for example.

** ME2 Insanity difficulty is actually harder to start with a high level character, because the game assumes you would have upgrades that your de-geared high level character lacks.

Cleared it today. We weren't even full columni.

wiped on each boss a good amount of times.

When we finally cleared it, in my mind I was saying "I never want to run this again".

But now that I think of it, I loved how difficult it was. It actually takes a good team to get through it.

the loot does suck for the difficulty though i will agree.

Beat this in HM today and as hard as it was, it was fun. The first boss felt as aggravating but as fun as a Demons Souls boss; it boils down to near perfect execution. When we finally downed him there were practically no mistakes and everyone was always above 50% the whole time. As for the other bosses, they weren't as difficult but were also still very interesting. These types of encounters are a very welcome addition that this game so sorely needed.

As for the anti-melee thing for LR-5, we had our one melee run out whenever the Plasma Arc was cast and the rest of the group moved as a single unit around the room. I tanked and never left the center.