Major Bugs with HM Raptus

Prototypemind

1) Pulling the challenged DPS to him twice, once at the start, then again after he begins his spin, killing the DPS

2) Sliding backwards up to the DPS/heals even though he is still aggroed on the tank, whom he is facing as he slides backwards up the ramp to the platform. When Deadly Slash began casting it was still faced back down the ramp towards the tanking holding him, no additional taunts used.

3) Hitting the tank no matter how far he moves through deadly slash. It's not positioning issues where the game isn't registering location properly and so there's still a smack forward. He is knocking the tank backwards after moving through him properly

4) Add is being killed, then a few seconds later it is saying that the damage dealers are weaklings, etc, challenge failed

5) Boss switching aggro at will. We came out of the challenges, Raptus went to the main tank, then suddenly switched to me during his cast of Force Execution while I was moving into position, sending it across the group. I had not damaged the boss or taunted him, so there's no reason he should have even been looking at me, and I was not the one tanking him before the challenge began. Had he switched to a DPS who pulled aggro that would have made sense, but not jumping to me for no reason.

Maybe we pulled the short straw because I've never seen this much consistently going wrong pull after pull, but the number of problems makes clearing the fight, something we do weekly, more than a pain. One or more of these issues came up during every single instance.

Edited by Prototypemind

I was also having problems with number four with my guild. We tried every combination of our dps on that fight, and only passed the dps check once. The damage dealers in my group or swearing up and down that they saw the monster die multiple times, despite failing the challenge.

This was prior to 2.7.1 ( whatever the current patch is)

• 2 weeks later...
All of these glitches are still occurring. He's also one-shotting tanks at full health, and randomly pulling and knocking up DPS, both those who were previously challenged and not, despite being on the tank. On the the tank, turns and knocks the DPS up and one-shots, then goes back to the tank. Loads of fun for all.

I see that the original post was from early June. I have cleared this fight two or three times since that post and I can't seem to reproduce any of the issues noted when I tank it. Everything proceeded exactly as expected in our pulls.

I have also not heard from any of the many people that I run with across different guilds that they have noticed any differences in HM Raptus this month. Usually, I'll hear about something crazy happening through the grape vine if it has been on Live for several weeks.

These could be difficult bugs to reproduce. If the player experiencing these issues could record a pull so we could see the bugs, we might be able to offer more insight.

Edited by Levram

I'll see what we can make happen. Last nights issues were via another guild. They were able to down him on the third pull, but the first two were only wipes due to the glitches. It's just interesting that we don't see issues with Raptus on the council with everything else going on, but that weekly there are problems with him solo.