Countermeasures

-KeggER-

This would be a cool addition to add. I'd like to see it too, but I think it would have to be a trade off with the Engine ability otherwise missiles would become useless.

That or put a much smaller limit of Chaff/Flare in ammo capacity so that there are ALWAYS more Missiles flying around than countermeasures. That way the Engine Ability doesn't become useless.

I get that that's what the engine ability is supposed to be for. I don't like it because it usually hurls me into a wall or something. It also takes over the control of my ship, and that's unaccecptable. Id take a few countermeasures over infinite engine abilities.

One suggestion is to implement "chaffing" as a new engine ability

I get that that's what the engine ability is supposed to be for. I don't like it because it usually hurls me into a wall or something. It also takes over the control of my ship, and that's unaccecptable. Id take a few countermeasures over infinite engine abilities.

One suggestion is to implement "chaffing" as a new engine ability

That's what I meant :p. As long as there is a trade off, so you're not equipped with both (Or too much) and can dodge every single missile locked on you :p.

I also get hurled into walls, and asteroids when I use an Engine Ability ever so often. Its annoying, but you just have to be careful :).

Use the evasion active ability (it's one of the shield boosts I think, increases evasion by 65% for 3 seconds). It also drops missile lock and incoming missiles, but doesnt boost you into things. That's probably as close as we'll see to flares/chaff.

The problem is that lock-on missiles are already largely useless - Aside from cluster missiles, they all take far too long to actually lock for the current speed of combat. In most cases the enemy will easily outmaneuver your aiming field and you'll have to start locking all over again. On the occasions where you actually do get a lock and fire a missile off, all they have to do is hit one button for an engine ability or evasion and the missile is useless, so you're again back to square 1. Even when they do hit, cluster missiles do crap for damage.

This is why I've been sticking to rocket pods on my scout, I get a -lot- more kills with them than I ever did using missiles.

****uational awareness. get it , develop it, and keep it.

IRL pilot throughout the history of sir warfare die because of exactly 2 things ever.

1.) Sensory overload

2.) no Situational Awareness.

in star wars terms, remember how porkins flew right into the death star and boomed himself like a chump?

he died cos being a fatty, he hated feeling his full wieght, and had his acc. compensator on full, whereas luke, tycho, and wedge etc daial theirs down, so they can FEEL what their ship is doing. porkins was pulling up, but he couldn't FEEl that he was max delta v, so he wasn't actually getting anywhere near enough deflection.

and so he died like a little *****.

another star wars example, same film, the death star trench run when red leader takes his self and two other x wings in, he uses the targetting competer, and closes his other eye, he can't see ****, he can't manouvre ... he trashes the shot, and both him and his wingmen get picked off by vader like noobs.

IRL there's a billion billion exapmles. pretty much every single recorded kill is brought about bby a fail in #1 or #2