PTS availability?

Varnoukh

I can't find PTS server status published online or any kind of schedule.

Is there any way to know when I can access it?

I'm aware that it's not permanently available but it's very tedious having to log in, authenticate, switch to PTS, then keep finding the server offline. I've only found it online a couple of times over the past month.

FYI I'm a returning player keen on Nautolans, which look fabulous on the PTS. Great job. But playing temporary characters on live just to make some money in preparation, I've discovered that I loathe a lot of the changes to combat. All this ridiculous, build-a-stack of some rubbish which causes some other ability to behave differently.

There's no indication of that for most classes at lower levels - except where it's advertised up front like concentration for sentinels or tactical advantage for scoundrels. And it's not the old style talent tree where players could choose whether or not to buy into that kind of garbage. It's just forced on everyone.

All I can do is not put any of the affected abilities on my hotbar.

It seems to vary by class and discipline and it's difficult to get an accurate idea of what class I might find least tedious / gimped (by my leaving abilities off my hotbar) to play.

It was suggested to me in game that I jump on the PTS to give them all a spin. I can see which class / discipline's hotbar does the least amount of ridiculous blinking at me.

Yes. I'm aware of the level boost trap. Don't use the level boost at character creation. See the vendor in game.

Testing completed on the PTS for 6.0 Oct 11th. Here is Eric's message posted a day before.

Welcome to Phase 3 PTS | 10.10.2019, 10:39 AM

Hey folks!

As a heads up the plan to be specific is to bring PTS fully offline at 4PM Central tomorrow.

To address some of the other questions I am seeing. Yes, absolutely please keep feedback coming as the team is still reviewing it. I am working on getting details on crafting changes for you as well.

-eric

Edited by Banthabreeder

Testing completed on the PTS for 6.0 Oct 11th. Here is Eric's message posted a day before.

Welcome to Phase 3 PTS | 10.10.2019, 10:39 AM

Hey folks!

As a heads up the plan to be specific is to bring PTS fully offline at 4PM Central tomorrow.

To address some of the other questions I am seeing. Yes, absolutely please keep feedback coming as the team is still reviewing it. I am working on getting details on crafting changes for you as well.

-eric

Thanks for letting me know. I certainly would not have read back through more than a week's worth of the entire PTS forum's posts to find that message.

There's always the dev tracker. ;) That will help you hone in on dev updates without having to trawl through pages of player posts.

I know you're probably trying to be genuinely helpful, but I'm going to call this a big miss.

Expecting players to trawl through even compiled dev posts for this information is completely insane.

There are three stickies in this forum. None mention the most important fact which is that it's offline and won't be online any time soon.

The OP makes a valid point. These types of things should always be easily available in stickied announcements at the top of the PTS forums. Just because someone can dig for this information through previous discussions or the dev tracker, doesn't mean its good design. Its the job of the community team to deliver information in an intuitive manner, and use the tools at their disposal to make the customer experience as convenient as possible, especially for those who do not frequent the forums often and may not immediately know where to look. Edited by Terro_Fett

The OP makes a valid point. These types of things should always be easily available in stickied announcements at the top of the PTS forums. Just because someone can dig for this information through previous discussions or the dev tracker, doesn't mean its good design. Its the job of the community team to deliver information in an intuitive manner, and use the tools at their disposal to make the customer experience as convenient as possible, especially for those who do not frequent the forums often and may not immediately know where to look.

Eric couldn't even be bothered to tell us until 2 days after conquest had started that we'll have to meet the 6.0 conquest target yields (500k small, 2M medium, 5M large) in order to get our guild rewards, and Daniel said about a year ago that they'd work on getting a forum icon for the Guild Strongholds forum, and you expect them to do something as logical as communicate things like PTS up/downtime via a sticky in that forum? Queue a Dr. Evil "Riiiiiiiiight."