Boarding Party Hard Mode overtuned.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call BS on that one.

You can call whatever you want on it. I am the tank; I have never died to this fight; we have lost one dps once (enraged grenade); we have never wiped to it and hence, have never had bugged loot; we have never pulled any lame tricks like kiting, and one of our dps'ers is always a marauder.

We kill the medic, kill the shielder, then kill the boss. Have been enraged on but had plenty of cooldowns up to survive it.

It's not overtuned, you probably just have bad dps'ers/healer. Or maybe your tank doesn't put out enough damage, too.

Never had trouble with it. In fact, the first time we went there, our 4th member (a pug dps) was all panicky about it and I'm basically like "chill, I doubt it's even tough" and it certainly isn't. It's absolutely straightforward and just a gear check. It doesn't have any complexity on the level as, say, Mentor in D7.

Edited by Salmissra

You can call whatever you want on it. I am the tank; I have never died to this fight; we have lost one dps once (enraged grenade); we have never wiped to it and hence, have never had bugged loot; we have never pulled any lame tricks like kiting, and one of our dps'ers is always a marauder.

We kill the medic, kill the shielder, then kill the boss. Have been enraged on but had plenty of cooldowns up to survive it.

It's not overtuned, you probably just have bad dps'ers/healer. Or maybe your tank doesn't put out enough damage, too.

Never had trouble with it. In fact, the first time we went there, our 4th member (a pug dps) was all panicky about it and I'm basically like "chill, I doubt it's even tough" and it certainly isn't. It's absolutely straightforward and just a gear check. It doesn't have any complexity on the level as, say, Mentor in D7.

In short

"I PRO, U NOOB, L2P" pretty much

In short

well? what else is there to say?

if you do the tactic for the boss right, the only weak point can be in the group itself.

i myself wiped maybe the first 2 times until we got it right and since then its an easy one-shot boss.

instead of whining at "overtuned" heroics, use your brain from time to time and learn from your mistakes and try better, then there might be a lot less overtuned content.

In short

And similarly, you can read whatever elitism you want out of that, I don't care. I'm just stating the facts.

I have seen *one* legitimately bugged boss (Foundry) and I have seen *one* boss which I believe is actually overtuned (Bulwark - enrage is extremely short)

I started hardmodes the day I dinged 50, tanking them in leveling blues and greens. Yea, the first times were painful - pig dude with adds in Ilum took us 5-6 tries. We stuck with it, worked our AE rotations, and continued on. Between hardmodes and pvp, gearing up has not been difficult at all - and now we one-shot everything.

Like Leadros just mentioned, there are only a few explanations for why you'd fail. Nobody is claiming this boss is bugged. You are blaming it on it being overtuned. We are saying it is either the skill of your players or the gear you have. I have done it with lackluster gear. What does that leave? You can get mad about it, or you can get better, but you're not going to convince people who have already done it without any hitches that it's somehow broke.

If you are hitting enrage timers constantly, there are 3 people responsible for it. In fact, I'd say 4, since if you really need to push, having the tank use cooldowns/self-heals lets the healer throw out some nukes as well.

It's your responsibility to do whatever you can to improve. Not request nerfing of content that people beat regularly.

Edited by Salmissra

No fight at lvl 50 is overtuned or impossible anymore. Only a couple of fights are still bugged i.e. Foundry's last boss RP immune bug. Bulwark is now fixed and has a very tight enrage timer.

OT- The last boss is tuned correctly just spread out, keep melee spread out from the tank and nuke one boss at a time while the tank keeps threat on them all w/o hitting the shielded Commando. Kill the medic first. 1 because he heals and 2 he hits the hardest until the shield is down. Then the security chief to drop the shield. Just taunt him off each time he runs away. Once the shield is down the fight is just group heals as the Commando doesn't deal more than 300 dmg to the tank w/ Full Auto.

Killed him even with the full group down from 20% to 0 while he was enraged because of how lame his dmg is on the tank at the end.

The fight isn't overtuned, BUT like the vast majority of encounters in this game it's horribly biased against melee. As a melee DPS player it's gotten quite tiring going from encounter to encounter only to find out they're mostly a copy-paste of LOLPBAOERollrangedclassesnextimegaizk encounter design.

None of the encounters in the game are mechanically taxing to melee DPS but my word are they tiresome. No wonder by the time the first movie comes around there are only like what, 2 Jedi and 2 Sith left, that's cause everyone rerolled ranged to not have to deal with all the melee bias in the galaxy.

Even though the fight is (like several other) biased against melee DPS, it is still easily doable. I have killed him several time fallowing the strategy of killing Massey far from the boss, then rushing to the boss and burning him down (this part is a bit stressing for the healer but it is still fine when the boss die fast enough) and finishing by the medic. Massey hit like a wet noddle and can easily be tanked by some DPS. The only trouble is that he reset aggro from time to time and have to be taunted (Me - a deception assassin - and a juggernaut are alternating taunt on him).

Only wipe to him the first time (the medic had only 5000 hp left T.T) but never had problem since.

Hard, but felt great once it died. Freshly dinged OP healer here, took a few attempts to get it down. Medic - Massey - Commander ended up being the right tactic for us. Commander ended up doing a little more damage than I was comfortable with if we killed Massey first which ended up doing far too much damage on grenades. Stick at the fight and make sure everyone uses medpacks and stims (or flasks if you're up for wasting money!) if you're having trouble as a healer.

1). healer + 2 ranged(melee) stay on the stairs.

2). burn down the chief.due to aggro he will come up the stairs.

3). burn down the commander. if possible use interrupts on him.

4). burn down the medic. USE interrupts.

5). victory! loot the chest :D

Just always make sure if it does go bad.and some1 dies during the commander.to just quick whipe it and go again.when the commander dies the mission tracker completes the flashpoint and ure instantly locked and cannot re-enter.

My question to the people killing this is this, how many of you are actually beating the enrage timer? What is your gear like if you do? What was your makeup. Because nearly every video I've seen that enrage timer go off.

Honestly, they need to extend the timers in HM FP's. extremely tight timers just aren't a good idea based on how limited groups are in makeup. Whereas in raids it fits a little better, cause you have a wider range of classes in your group than you do in the FP's.

I will admit this though, alot of the enrage timers I've seen in HM FP's aren't an immediate wipe, but the thing is.......that kinda defeats the purpose of an enrage timer. Its suppose to be the cutoff point and says sorry you aint doing enough DIE! Yet we still have people killing them through the Enrage. So if the enrage isn't gonna do what it should be doing, then why have it in the first place?

We were doing Massy back on the stairs and we had several problems.

1) Massy doesn't have an aggro table so I had to spam taunt (I'm a dps juggarnaught), things would be fine unless he decided he was going to aggro back onto our main tank and then consequently ran across the entire room causing a ton of lost dps.

2) we found that if you don't tank Massy back on the stairs then you just take too much damage from the morters.

3) We hit the enrage timer just after killing the 2nd dude. We have not had problems with the enrage timers on any of the bosses in BT or False Emporer, yet somehow we are 80k behind on this dude.

4) If you kill Jormund 2nd then wipe you get locked out of the instance and can't make any further attempts.

Our group was a Juggernaut Tank, Juggernaut DPS, Sorcerer Healer and Sorcerer DPS. Currently all of us are in mixed 50 blues and epics.

I agree that as it is right now this fight is way too hard.

Edited by Greyspectre

Fight is very close, but fine for people geared in full 124 rating gear (from daily comms). You shouldnt be running any HMs before gearing up to 124 in general.

Learn the right strategy and you should be able to handle it

If you think this is OP you're not gonna like the mid boss of Battle for Ilum or even that robot on D7 either.

edit: chest doesnt bug anymore either. At least if you kill adds first.

Edited by afootdoc

@ Maoxx.

The groups ive done it with were:

1). juggernaut/marauder/sniper(me)/bh

2). assasin/sorc/sniper(me)/sorc

And a few other setup's.think ive done it around 10ish times now with random setups.

myself ive got full columi and some rakata pieces.and others i done it with had semi pve gear.mostly pvp epics and stuff and yes you still reach the enrage timer.no1 died though.

This fight is mostly a Huge healer check.

@ Maoxx.

And a few other setup's.think ive done it around 10ish times now with random setups.

myself ive got full columi and some rakata pieces.and others i done it with had semi pve gear.mostly pvp epics and stuff and yes you still reach the enrage timer.no1 died though.

You should not need mixed Tier 2 and Tier 3 to kill a boss that drops Tier 2

I am the tank of the group. Please tell me why, after killing the shielder the boss hits me so damn hard that I am dead in seconds... and yeah thats while being heal spammed. I dont have **** gear so please dont use the gear check excuse.

You should not need mixed Tier 2 and Tier 3 to kill a boss that drops Tier 2

This. Same with Revan. I'm in all Columni/Rakata with over 20k HP fully buffed and his lightning puts me at less than 2k health with Invincible up.

HM FPs in this game are completely out of whack for the rewards.

No fight at lvl 50 is overtuned or impossible anymore. Only a couple of fights are still bugged i.e. Foundry's last boss RP immune bug. Bulwark is now fixed and has a very tight enrage timer.

OT- The last boss is tuned correctly just spread out, keep melee spread out from the tank and nuke one boss at a time while the tank keeps threat on them all w/o hitting the shielded Commando. Kill the medic first. 1 because he heals and 2 he hits the hardest until the shield is down. Then the security chief to drop the shield. Just taunt him off each time he runs away. Once the shield is down the fight is just group heals as the Commando doesn't deal more than 300 dmg to the tank w/ Full Auto.

Killed him even with the full group down from 20% to 0 while he was enraged because of how lame his dmg is on the tank at the end.

THis is what I dont understand. This is just wrong in my experience. Once the shielder is dead the commando hits me like a mack truck. Healer just cannot keepup. Its not enrage.

@ Maoxx.

If it takes overgearing to do the zone then it is overtuned like people have been saying. You are meant to get tionese/columni gear from hardmodes....not do them in columni/rakata.

The Strat is easy.

Kill Medic , Kill Boss, then Kill Shield Guy.

Tank Only Tank the Boss and the medic guy.

Let the shield guy run around.

If you kill boss last he will probably enrage.

Put all your dps on the medic then (relics-adrenals)

Edit : oh yea, dont wipe.

Edited by DestyOwn

Didn't read the whole thread, maybe someone already posted this strat. Have one ranged pull Commander Jorland up the ramp past where you start, losing him so he stands in that hallway. The ranged dps then stands on the railing attacking Jorland. The rest of the group kills the medic and massey down below. The healer will be able to heal everyone, including the ranged dps who isn't taking much damgae because only the medic hits hard in this fight.

Usually Commander Jorland dies around the same time as Massey. Even if you hit the enrage, it's an easy fight with one ranged dps. With all melee... well.