what about those of us locked out by the new patch?

nobodytoo

Every week a new point is created. More often if I update Windows. Still, it is very odd that I never lost restore points until AFTER I downloaded and updated he PTS to beta test Galactic Starfighter. It didn't happen again until today when I reinstalled and downloaded the game and the new patch. Which is the expansion patch. Coincidence? I think not.

I'd look to malware, the restore points never actually being made, or hardware failure, before I looked to SW:TOR, buggy and unplayable or not, for deleting restore points.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victus, with all due respect, how many generic excuses are you willing to accept, while you pay for this game ( if you even do), before you come to your senses, and realize that your wasting your money if they aren't fixing the game ?

If you dont keep your fan base in touch with game issues AT ALL TIMES, then people get pissed and unsub... Just Sayin

I pay for this game and any issue I had with the game was fixed with either a clean reinstall of the game or answered in a timely manner. Just because you're impatient does not give you the right to lash out.

Every week a new point is created. More often if I update Windows. Still, it is very odd that I never lost restore points until AFTER I downloaded and updated he PTS to beta test Galactic Starfighter. It didn't happen again until today when I reinstalled and downloaded the game and the new patch. Which is the expansion patch. Coincidence? I think not.

We jedi know there are no coincidences. In seriousness though, if it didn't happen till then and happened again after reinstalling and downloading it's probably SWTOR. Logic points to that as the culprit and logic is normally right.

This week since the new patch reminds me of the good ole' days. Back when the game first came out, anyone else remember those. I remember 6 weeks in I had about two dozen bug reports filed (most of which weren't closed yet), all different issues. The ole' days when you didn't know what was going to go wrong next but you knew something was. Right now I have 4 bug reports filed all different issues, but I think bioware is trying to bring the game back to those ole' days back then.

It may have been mentioned or not but for what its worth if you have overwolf installed then uninstall it. My game kept crashing but once I removed overwolf everything went back to working fine except for some longer loading screens since patch.

its already determined by Customer Service that its a hardware/software conflict with primarily AMD Radeon graphics cards. As i'm one of those affected by this i've spent countless hours searching for a solution. Until they've discovered whats causing this issue in the code and fix the conflict. Theres nothing you, me or anyone else for that matter other than EA and BW can do about it. Not unless you have a copy of the source code and want to do it yourself... then feel free to fix it and submit it to BW for review. but because your not a BW employee I highly doubt you have or could obtain a copy of the source code for the game. so again I say sit down shut up and if you dont like it go play another game.

We jedi know there are no coincidences. In seriousness though, if it didn't happen till then and happened again after reinstalling and downloading it's probably SWTOR. Logic points to that as the culprit and logic is normally right.

Speaking from first hand experience, I can tell you that logic cannot always be applied to Windows products. It just can't.

Yet ANOTHER Troll Response to the people who pay for this game, and are left with a feeling of "***". WHEN are you guys gonna step up and FIX THE PROBLEM ? Those of us who PAY for this game wanna know!

And people wonder why they don't respond more often.. When people are going to say crap like this when they do respond.. Why flipping bother..

When are you going to step up and develop an understanding of how computer programming and bug fixing works?? Those of us who have to read your posts want to know..

:p

As a paid subscriber and a long term player/beta tester I understand the concern of a week of downtime, especially when a new feature is introduced that a large number of us AMD users can't experience.

F2P users must also be upset but being a paid subscriber who loses a week of play just makes it worse.

The matter that really bothers me is that some users reported this issue was still prevalent in the testing server and not addressed. Hopefully this is not true but if it is, and BioWare went live with this patch knowing this, then it's a new truckload of anger people will be feeling.

Hopefully BioWare will sort this out by next patch and compensate the subscribers who could not get in somehow.

Edited by Advantus

I feel for you. I got burnt twice when 1.4 dropped and the other **** up with 1.8 I think. Didnt get sweet FA in return, lost the chance to place all my mods back in the armour before the update so had to start from scratch.

It's 2013 and I can never understand why things don't get tested first before being deployed to live servers. Other games manage it

i'm not sure if this will help, but i figured it worth mentioning. i lost a couple of days over this issue, but i have been (mostly) able to log on and play for 2 days now. the common factor each time i successfully got in seemed to be that i had maximized the game window as soon as it started loading.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

I wanted to let you know that we are still working on a fix for the AMD issue. Our current plan is that by tomorrow we will have a very small patch for folks to download which looks promising to address some of the issues you are experiencing. There will not be a maintenance required, you will just need to restart your game.

There is a slight chance it could happen by end of day today but expect that it will be tomorrow. I will post more information on it when it gets close.

-eric

Hey folks!

I wanted to let you know that we are still working on a fix for the AMD issue. Our current plan is that by tomorrow we will have a very small patch for folks to download which looks promising to address some of the issues you are experiencing. There will not be a maintenance required, you will just need to restart your game.

There is a slight chance it could happen by end of day today but expect that it will be tomorrow. I will post more information on it when it gets close.

-eric

Awesome, thanks! This has been a drain on my already limited playing time. Typically taking several tries to get the game running. Hope the very small patch does the trick!

Still no fix, most attempts to log in, game crashes, if I am actually lucky enough to get logged in, having to set graphics setting to very low settings, I still get insane lag. 48 hours ago, was running on high graphics settings with no lag.

Awesome, thanks! This has been a drain on my already limited playing time. Typically taking several tries to get the game running. Hope the very small patch does the trick!

Hey Eric I update my java flash and AMD drivers and am Still not be able to log on...O will get the load screen then it blacks out and nothing.

Just curious, since it was mentioned that updates would be given... and I haven't seen anything.

Has this patch been applied? I have not been able to try logging in (stuck at work... yay). If it's been applied, does it seem to be working?

Thanks!

Just curious, since it was mentioned that updates would be given... and I haven't seen anything.

Has this patch been applied? I have not been able to try logging in (stuck at work... yay). If it's been applied, does it seem to be working?

Thanks!

This patch has been rolled out,

and for me the 1 login I've tried has worked without the 5 mins, VPU error, restart, VPU error & finally get in.

This patch has been rolled out,

and for me the 1 login I've tried has worked without the 5 mins, VPU error, restart, VPU error & finally get in.

Great! Thanks... I'll try it out this evening. Fingers crossed...

Hey folks!

-eric

Hmph. What do you know - it actually worked! Well, so far anyways.

Guess I'd best resub - Galactic Starfighter is sufficiently awesome that it's earned you another few months of subscription - but PLEASE get to the developing of actual story arcs, Bioware. The simple fact is that the character-based storylines were what made SWTOR stand out so much from the thousand and one other MMOs out there.

Edited by Highborne

I rolled the drivers back to Catalyst 13.4 and things are working much better. I had noticed some issues with other games tonight with the latest 13.9, my son had the same issues with the same other games we've been playing. He had rolled his back some time ago, so I followed suit. I've logged in to SWTOR twice now and it worked on the first try and did not freeze both times yippee... that's saying something considering how it had been LOL Hopefully this has fixed my issues.