Join the Republic!

Frostythefett

Empire. I know it's cool and all to have everything be all "Dark, death, cookies" what ever you want the excuse to be. Truth is, a lot of pvp servers are looking pretty grim right now with the server ratio. I don't have official numbers or anything but I have heard many complaints coming from other pvp servers. With the way things are going now, you are going to encourage more new players to roll toward the faction that "Wins all the time." Look what happened to WoW because of all the Horde hype. We need more people to join the Republic to get some balance going. So far on my server there are only 96 people on the Republic fleet. While 300+ are on the Imperial fleet. SO seriously, don't make this game about one faction. Give us a try.

It's ridiculous. I don't get how virtually all the classes are mirrored, yet they all choose to over populate one side and make it easy mode in PvP. It's not PvP anymore it's just pathetic. I hope the serious PvPers realize that and roll Republic to balance out things. Especially on Dark Reaper. It's just harder to find a well coordinated team on the Republic side so far. Edited by Frostythefett

What can I tell you? I thought for sure that I would be a Jedi Guardian. I love to tank, and I don't mind playing for the blue team. In fact, I kind of prefer it, as I like having lots of enemy players to fight as I level up, and in another red vs. blue game, I transferred over to blue once the population became very imbalanced.....I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I like having to be very careful when leveling up due to the fact that there are more enemy players around than friendly. I also enjoyed the instant queues for group PvP.

After actually trying Jedi Guardian and being bored by the story and the starting zone, I have to say that it will probably be a while before I go back to it....And it's not because I want to be Sith. When it comes to force users, I'd rather be a Jedi than a Sith any day of the week. Screw Sith.

So I hated my Jedi Guardian's starting zone. I gave it to level 20 or so, but I just wasn't feeling it. It felt bland to me.....Which led me to try out the other class which was most appealing to me: Imperial Agent. What can I say? It's my new main. I love it. My next alt will probably also be an Imperial Agent. I don't want to be a smuggler. I really like my Agent.

Edited by belialle

It's ridiculous. I don't get how virtually all the classes are mirrored, yet they all choose to over populate one side and make it easy mode in PvP. It's not PvP anymore it's just pathetic. I hope the serious PvPers realize that and roll Republic to balance out things. Especially on Dark Reaper.

Lol I was Empire on Dark Reaper and re-rolled at level 24 to Republic.

Republic wins most warzones on that server.

Btw...if you are on Dark Reaper...do you know whats up with the Empire guild "Nerve"? They suck so bad, I've never seen them win....I've even seen them with like 4 50s and lose to a pug of level 20s/30s

Lol I was Empire on Dark Reaper and re-rolled at level 24 to Republic.

Republic wins most warzones on that server.

Btw...if you are on Dark Reaper...do you know whats up with the Empire guild "Nerve"? They suck so bad, I've never seen them win....I've even seen them with like 4 50s and lose to a pug of level 20s/30s

Really!? I must be really really unlucky then. I don't know about that guild really. I know that at least right now we are losing a bunch. What time do you usually play?

Honeslty, I'm about to switch away from Republic on my server. I can't get into a warzone where people actually know how to play an objective... or really PvP at all.

I consistently watch almost my whole team fight KIND OF near one door in Voidstar. I'm stuck defending the other one solo, even on my healer. And somehow, they get a bomb planted behind them. Genius.

I watch them decide not to CC the one stinking Imperial coming my way when I'm a second away from planting a bomb, and then I get canceled.

I watch them all move as one blob in Alderaan, letting the Imperials re-cap turrets we just took.

The ops chat always looks like:

*me*: Watch the doors, and call for help if you're going to need it and we're good.

*silence*

A BOMB HAS BEEN PLANTED

or

*me*: Stay near the node, call out inc.

*silence*

ENEMY TURRET NOW FIRING ON OUR SHIP

Don't even get me started on Huttball.

I'll tell people to join the Republic when we can start proving we're worth joining. I run warzones with my guild as much as possible, but rarely do we get full groups of 4. And even then, sometimes the 4 of us aren't enough to win the wz.

Honeslty, I'm about to switch away from Republic on my server. I can't get into a warzone where people actually know how to play an objective... or really PvP at all.

I consistently watch almost my whole team fight KIND OF near one door in Voidstar. I'm stuck defending the other one solo, even on my healer. And somehow, they get a bomb planted behind them. Genius.

I watch them decide not to CC the one stinking Imperial coming my way when I'm a second away from planting a bomb, and then I get canceled.

I watch them all move as one blob in Alderaan, letting the Imperials re-cap turrets we just took.

*me*: Watch the doors, and call for help if you're going to need it and we're good.

*silence*

A BOMB HAS BEEN PLANTED

or

*silence*

I'll tell people to join the Republic when we can start proving we're worth joining. I run warzones with my guild as much as possible, but rarely do we get full groups of 4. And even then, sometimes the 4 of us aren't enough to win the wz.

lol you got a bad server, its the opposite on ours.

lol you got a bad server, its the opposite on ours.

Haha yeah, I knew it was more a server issue than anything. That post was just the product of needing to vent after literally uncountable losses in a row with a friend. During the day it's not horrible. More around a 50/50 win/loss. But at night.... I'm not sure if I'll PvP at night on Sword of Ajunta Pall again haha.

Hope you're on the good end of the train wreck on your server though, friend :)

*silence*

A BOMB HAS BEEN PLANTED

or

*silence*

I know exactly where you're coming from. I started keeping track of wins/losses a couple nights ago for all the republic vs empire battles, empire are ahead 11-2. It could be the time of day I'm playing, but the republic just seems largely composed of noobs that pick the closest enemy, and beeline for him like rambo, regardless of whether he is a tank, has heals, is kiting them etc. Objectives? Forget about it.

I'm on Empire because of the BH, I was a BH in SWG and it just feels like the class I identify with and like the most. I get that the classes are mirrored but with different names and looks but tbh if I like Ferraris I wouldn't buy an identical Lamborghini when I like Ferraris.

It might do the same, but the character looks different, feels different and has a different story line. The BH story line is fantastic, I rolled a Jedi Sentinel on Republic and never went back to it because of the story line. I stayed with the BH because of how great it was.

Its a personality reflection. The empire is aggresive, it goes out there and it burns things to the ground just to make a point. Republic are shell shocked soldiers in trenches struggling to prevent being overwhelmed, they are fighting the defensive against a war machine. PvPers want to be the villains attacking not the heroes struggling.

WoW also had racials that dont come into play but just look at the asthetic of horde vs alliance. Horde look vicious and warllike. Allies look like they have a 6 year olds medevil playset for a faction symbol.

That said I figured it would be more balanced here since Jedi Troopers and Han solo are all the favorite arch types of star wars.

Personally imperial agent just sounded more interesting then smuggler for me.

I have always rolled the underdog faction in other MMO's as I don't like easymode (in any game) I actually thought before launch and pre launch perhaps a lot of people would roll republic and feared I had to roll imperial even though personally I rather play light side then dark side.

I was happily surprised to find out that Imperial was rolled so heavily, so I got to roll the faction that I would enjoy mot to play story line wise and conviction wise and have a challenge at the same time!

And just so you know, the good guys always win ;-)

"For the Republic!!"