Watch Galactic Starfighter “Domination” Trailer

CourtneyWoods

This looks amazing! I resubscribed to get early access to this expansion and so far from what I've seen, I'm not going to be regretting it! This expansion has me more excited than I was for Makeb. This game continues to get better and better. Keep up the good work Bioware. We're one step closer to space exploration.

We're one step closer to space exploration.

Indeed. The base free-roam space code is there now, it's a much smaller step to open-world. The real trick is to combine it with land combat, and allow people to use ships on the planets we can already visit, in the same instances. With restrictions on where one would actually have access to go, naturally.

One of the best things I see with this is the minimum skill... I can see people being really bad at PvP (and I do, a lot) but space combat just feels more natural, so I don't see the low skill of others be half as much of a problem here as it is in Warzones. True there'll probably the occasional idiot running into a wall, which occasionally will probably be me, but the point is that space combat games (or minigames as the case may be) are a lot easier for players to learn and adapt to than the current ground-based type of combat. Looking forward to that.

I don't really PVP, but this definitely has me interested. At a minimum, it will be a nice change of pace. I just hope they've learned their lesson and this won't be heavily gear-dependent.

what lesson? this games pvp is far from gear dependent with bolster and how quick you can get conq sets.

never known any mmo a new commer can jump into pvp have a very big chance of doing well b4 they get gear.

Looking forward to the space pvp very much cant wait :)

what lesson? this games pvp is far from gear dependent with bolster and how quick you can get conq sets.

never known any mmo a new commer can jump into pvp have a very big chance of doing well b4 they get gear.

Looking forward to the space pvp very much cant wait :)

As I understand it, GW2 has completely horizontal gear progression.

And yes, SWTOR is highly gear dependent. The difference between full augmented obroan gear with stims/grenades and conquerer gear is pretty significant(well over 10%). Now that's not as ridiculous as we had things at launch with something like an 100% gap between people queueing on lowbies and people in battlemaster gear, but its still very significant.

I always played X-Wing and TIE Fighter with a mouse and keyboard. :p

I can almost guarantee that had you played those games with a joystick, you're experience and enjoyment factor would have been increased significantly. I tried using keyboard back in the day on Wing Commander games, it's the difference of night and day. If BW does support joystick, I will be owning the keyboard turners and users.

Note to BW: Please make sure to add Pitch and Yaw controls for speedier turns for dogfighting. It's kind of a requirement for "aerial" combat.

Edited by LordZore
Addition