I am Disappointed with Flash points beyond Black Talon.

Black Talon should have been the template for all Flash points. The others I have done so far are rather disappointing standard rooms with mobs in them.

The real tragedy is they do not scale in any way.

Edited by Trucegore

Wait til you get to Boarding Party and especially Foundry....that is all

How cryptic. Are you saying they follow the BT template of story and multi paths?

Then again, I suppose the real tragedy is they do not scale in any way.

Edited by Trucegore

Yeah, Black Talon and in fact I would say Esselles more, showed a heck of a lot of promise.

This is a story based MMO right? and yet only the first FP for both sides has any real story to it.

My friend did put a good counter point to this though... "thinking of the longevity of the game, would you want to listen to the same dialog day in day out when you're grinding hard mode FPs?"

It's a fair point... I dunno if I would like to partake in the ensuing rage quits from PUGs because such-and-such chose light/dark (even though it doesn't matter), and hearing the droid instruct you on your next task in black talon got tedious after boosting my guildies for the 3rd time.

A story should progress... it shouldn't be experienced over and over like groundhog day....

However, I can't help shake the sense of awesomeness I got the first time I did those FPs. Story did add to them on the first playthrough and it did make other FPs seem really empty in comparison.

My friend did put a good counter point to this though... "thinking of the longevity of the game, would you want to listen to the same dialog day in day out when you're grinding hard mode FPs?"

Yes. Because those story's change depending on who you are grouped with, as well as the FP have different routs to completion.

If they needed more group content, then they should have added a third route to existing FP. Perhaps multi-branch points throughout. More than one Discussion point.

To do such a great FP, with multi-branching layouts and routs, then just toss in some rooms with mobs in it later is a real letdown.

Edited by Trucegore

Yes. Because those story's change depending on who you are grouped with, as well as the FP have different routs to completion.

If they needed more group content, then they should have added a third route to existing FP. Perhaps multi-branch points throughout. More than one Discussion point.

To do such a great FP, with multi-branching layouts and routs, then just toss in some rooms with mobs in it later is a real letdown.

Yeah, but lets be frank... there isn't that much variation in the dialog beyond the light/dark choices...

Flashpoints like Hammer Station and Althiss were added late to the game, because players wanted more group content. The "original" Flashpoints are far more involved, but they are few and far between.

-Macheath.

And these 'original' flashpoints are which ones Republic Side? Just want to know so I know which ones ot make sure I do and which ones I can skip if my guildies don;t want to do them

This is a story based MMO right? and yet only the first FP for both sides has any real story to it.

It's a fair point... I dunno if I would like to partake in the ensuing rage quits from PUGs because such-and-such chose light/dark (even though it doesn't matter), and hearing the droid instruct you on your next task in black talon got tedious after boosting my guildies for the 3rd time.

So far Im was in every flashpoint with a mixed group of light and dark side players (most of the time exactly two light and two dark), and it was always fun to watch who wins the roll and what is going to happen next (was in the Esseles far more entertaining than in the others, because of the story). Sure, the story develops different if another player makes a choice that you wouldn't take, but you still get your light side or dark side points for your own decision... and you can always do the flashpoint again to get another story result.

And these 'original' flashpoints are which ones Republic Side? Just want to know so I know which ones ot make sure I do and which ones I can skip if my guildies don;t want to do them

I also would like to know.

How cryptic. Are you saying they follow the BT template of story and multi paths?

Then again, I suppose the real tragedy is they do not scale in any way.

He's saying there's story in those FP's, especially Foundry, have story and a few different choices. Guild Vent exploded when a group of us did Foundry the other day with "Holy **** it's ****!", "Dude, he just said.......", "Is that??? Damn!!!!!"

Sorry I didn't want to post spoilers, but Foundry is pretty damned epic is all I'm going to say.

I've done every Flashpoint (Empire) up to Cademimu.

They all pale drastically in comparison to Black Talon. None of them offer the forking paths. None of them offer the immense story. None of them offer the conversations throughout the instance. The most you get is a control panel with no voice over dialog where you pick killing a bunch of guys or saving them for your light side/dark size points. You get maybe 16 social points from it and 100 light side/dark side points.

As opposed to BT which has all of that plus a huge number of social points.

Wait until you do Boarding Party, Foundry, Directive 7, Battle of Ilum and False Emperor (if you are Empire, I don't know what the Republic ones are called). That is all.

Sadly, these flashpoints are fairly late into the game, however they are pretty awesome.

I wish they had more of these, but like someone else mentioned in this thread, the others like Hammer Station and Athiss, etc were added pretty late into the game since people wanted more group content and the original flashpoints were too far apart in levels.

Also, they do scale. Sort of. At level 50 you can toggle hardmode which makes them significantly more difficult and all the mobs are level 50.

Colicoid War Game isn't very story heavy but it seriously impressed me when it came to mechanics. I won't spoil anything but it's quite different from a traditional instance.

When it comes to story I don't always see it involved in a scrolling text wheel either. Just because you aren't always social interacting doesn't mean there is no story there.

Edited by calamitymlc

Colicoid War Game isn't very story heavy but it seriously impressed me when it came to mechanics. I won't spoil anything but it's quite different from a traditional instance.

When it comes to story I don't always see it involved in a scrolling text wheel either. Just because you aren't always social interacting doesn't mean there is no story there.

In the sense that it is heavily buggy, and i dont mean the encounters...