HK-51 Revealed

AlysonBridge

Actually, I would be surprised if there weren't custom skins for him, considering he is being labeled as a 'full' companion. I foresee a chrome, battleworn, and/or HK-47 skin, personally.

Sergeant Rusk is a 'Full' compannion and yet he has no customizations at all. But I still really hope that HK-51 will have some.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that means we must get both our Empire and Republic characters to at minimum Hoth/Belsavis level to be able to obtain this companion.

Empire isnt a problem as i have 7/8 characters 21-50. Republic however is still only 21 so far. Need to spend the time getting my Shadow up to Belsavis before HK becomes available. /wtbwillpower

HK-51 is on Hoth not Belsavis...It wouldn't make any sense in the Lore to have the ship on Belsavis.

I think a ship was lost on Belsavis when it crashed, and now it was found with all the HK-51's in it. That makes sense to me and I don't have issues with it

No it's not, well at least that's what I got the impression of at E3. We are going to have to complete some difficult quest series across the galaxy to get HK 51 and we need one level 50 and a character half way to cap. 1 imp 1 rep too.

From Darthhater:

Darthhater: HK-51 — you talked about how he’s coming with new missions, etc. and you’re basically unlocking him?

Erickson: HK-51 is actually part of the Legacy system. He is a very hard companion to get, and there is an incredible amount of work that you’ll have to do. I will say right now that if you do not have people on both sides of the war, you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side. There is great, great new types of gameplay, new types of quests. There is a whole section of it that’s old school adventure gamey survival horror where you’re really not doing combat stuff; you’re following puzzles and solving stuff instead. Makeb has a lot of the same experimentation. We developed so many new tools and new tech that we can do so much more with our quests now than we could before. We were chasing tech for so long that now the designers really just get to go in and be crazy creative.

Darthhater: When you have a companion that’s going to all eight classes, is the dialogue going to differ at all?

Erickson: It has to, right? So how you get him, the quest to get him, his dialogue, when he’s with you… all of that is obviously very different if you just decided that you have an assassin droid as a Jedi Knight, which I will say is a bit startling to him, versus getting it as a Sith Warrior. So yeah, there are completely different forks because it is a 100% developed companion character. You’re going to need some really high level stuff to actually be able to unlock him because of how complicated his quest is. But after that, he is a Legacy unlock so you can then go and get him much earlier with other characters.

Will they just make a movie with these awesome CGIs' soon or what?!?!?! Jesus, I wonder how many would see them

They did. It was called Star Wars The Phantom Menace. The CGI was fine, but the movie wasn't!

You don't want Lucas to ruin the backstory of SWTOR, now, do you?

I assume as well that you'll be able to equip him with the same crafting upgrade mod you can buy from the Legacy droid for the ship droid, to give him crit/efficiency for your specific crafts. Unless he just comes with Diplomacy crits already!!

Didn't know Belsavis was icy.

I hope this lives up to the hype cause I get a bad feeling with everything required to get HK and the lack of any future class story or the like that he will end up a mute DPS companion who has arrived too late with no real role once you have collected him.

Ice covers probably about 90% of Belsavis's surface. The playable areas on Belsavis are tropical canyons between ice shelves or even under them in some places. Did you never see Belsavis from orbit or your galaxy map? I understand if you never read about the planet. Here's the Holonet page for the planet: http://www.swtor.com/holonet/planets/belsavis

Not bad, not bad at all.

All in all I liked

better, as BioWare certainly got some inspiration from it.

However I prefer the intro in HK vid, the crack on the window, the fumes, the lighting sequence that reminds Unreal famous scene.

square soft - square enix cgi ---> blizzard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zks5W-XlghU

Edited by Maniigoldo

Screeching Exclamation: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! times 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation: NO! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE HK FACTORY ON TELOS IV!!!

Exclamatory Quote: "Stop that Rosh (BioWare) or I will kill you!" -Kyle Katarn -- Jedi Academy Re-edited Part 3.

I would love to see BioWare do this with every major update, release a cinematic trailer to accompany it. Perhaps not all of it cinematic but strung together with actual gameplay footage, but would be great!