Why do people bash Tracer Missile spam? What else are we supposed to do?

Kentontudor

Why do people bash Tracer Missile spam? What else are we supposed to do? ..... Not play our class the way BW has intended for it to be played?

I would argue that in higher level PvP it's the hardest class to play because we're constantly getting stunned/interrupted and then we have nothing we can do. Unload and Rail shot mean nothing if we don't have Tracer Missile stacked on the target.

So in that case, I'm just going to Jet boost you off the ledge and try to run away.

We're (Arsenal Mercs) the easiest class to solo. I don't understand why we get all the hate.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people bash Tracer Missile spam? What else are we supposed to do? ..... Not play our class the way BW has intended for it to be played?

I would argue that in higher level PvP it's the hardest class to play because we're constantly getting stunned/interrupted and then we have nothing we can do. Unload and Rail shot mean nothing if we don't have Tracer Missile stacked on the target.

So in that case, I'm just going to Jet boost you off the ledge and try to run away.

We're (Arsenal Mercs) the easiest class to solo. I don't understand why we get all the hate.

I don't bash it until they feel the need to laugh or something after killing me, because you know it takes so much skillz to hit one button. Do what you need to do to win, but know you are a face roll class, even more so then most the other face roll classes, so don't get to full of your success.

I think it gets a bad rap because of the high number of mercs who aren't just spamming it to stack for unload, but spamming it because that's all they know.

I've lost track of the number of times I've interrupted a tracer spammer, and they literally just stand still for 4 seconds, never cast anything else, because they're so confused that their 1 button doesn't work

Arsenal spec was just boring to me so I went Pyro spec and have never looked back. It is very mobile and does a lot of damage. It is funny b/c people see the lower numbers popping up from the dot ticks and think I am not doing much damage until it is to late. Not to mention my rail shot hits hard.

The reason people complain about it, is that they are either being hit by crits from a much better geared merc, or they are inexperienced enough to know how to counter it. Mine usually only hit for over 2k if it is a crit, 4k is only something I have seen when adrenals and relics are going and I hit a severely undergeared player. It is a 1.5 second cast time, and it is usually cast in succession, which makes it very easy to interrupt, knock back, line of sight, stun, or cc to block an incoming cast.

And to those who complain about a one button class, that is an exaggeration as well. Unless I'm just completely ignored by classes that have cc, interupts, or gap closers (all of them) a typical fight I will be using many of my abilities tracer missile, rail shot, heatseeker missile, rapid shots, missile blast, unload, my stun, my cc, rocket punch, jet boost, etc... If you think it is all about 1 ability you are delusional, go level a merc and see.

There have been dozens of threads on the topic, no need for a new one every day.

Edited by JoeGotBored

Eh...people complaining on arsenal mercs using Tracer missile? Arent they like sitting ducks beeing the easiest class to kill? Do any pvp focused merc even play arsenal still?

You'd be amazed how many mercs i run into who only use the ability.

and when i say only that ability i mean only that ability. They will spam it until i use my interrupt and for the next 4 seconds while their tracer missile is on cool down they will run around like chickens, doing nothing but auto fire.

Then the moment its back up they go back to trying to spam it.

Rinse and repeat

I think it gets a bad rap because of the high number of mercs who aren't just spamming it to stack for unload, but spamming it because that's all they know.

I've lost track of the number of times I've interrupted a tracer spammer, and they literally just stand still for 4 seconds, never cast anything else, because they're so confused that their 1 button doesn't work

this is EXACTLY why I love to interrupt tracer spam. Not only does it interrupt the cast, but it interrupts their brain. They don't cast anything else. I see them still stabbing the missle hotkey, swearing about "lag."

Then they finally get to cast one again before I interrupt again.

I don't think I've ever died to one on my vanguard in 1 on 1.

I think tracer missile spammers are hilarious. Typical exchange with a tracer missile spammer on my jugg --

Tracer missile starts casting-

Force Charge intterupt.

Tracer missile immediately begins casting again.

Interrupted with interrupt skill, 4s blockout.

Tracer missile spammer runs.. or casts some other non-issue skill.

Tracer missile spammer begins to cast it again.

4 second stun on spammer, interrupting it.

After stun wears, he tries to spam it again.

Interrupt again, since it's now off CD.

Stun again.

It's hilarious fighting the mercs who don't know they have skills other than tracer missile.

The reason people complain about it, is that they are either being hit by crits from a much better geared merc, or they are inexperienced enough to know how to counter it. Mine usually only hit for over 2k if it is a crit, 4k is only something I have seen when adrenals and relics are going and I hit a severely undergeared player. It is a 1.5 second cast time, and it is usually cast in succession, which makes it very easy to interrupt, knock back, line of sight, stun, or cc to block an incoming cast.

And to those who complain about a one button class, that is an exaggeration as well. Unless I'm just completely ignored by classes that have cc, interupts, or gap closers (all of them) a typical fight I will be using many of my abilities tracer missile, rail shot, heatseeker missile, rapid shots, missile blast, unload, my stun, my cc, rocket punch, jet boost, etc... If you think it is all about 1 ability you are delusional, go level a merc and see.

There have been dozens of threads on the topic, no need for a new one every day.

I completely agree. Good Arsenal Mercs will use all the abilities you said but people won't understand it until they play the class.

And there have been dozens of threads about every topic. There would be no more message boards if people didn't rinse and repeat... Just saying.

I think tracer missile spammers are hilarious. Typical exchange with a tracer missile spammer on my jugg --

Tracer missile starts casting-

Force Charge intterupt.

Tracer missile immediately begins casting again.

Interrupted with interrupt skill, 4s blockout.

Tracer missile spammer runs.. or casts some other non-issue skill.

Tracer missile spammer begins to cast it again.

4 second stun on spammer, interrupting it.

After stun wears, he tries to spam it again.

Interrupt again, since it's now off CD.

Stun again.

It's hilarious fighting the mercs who don't know they have skills other than tracer missile.

^ Even if we do use the other skills we have, it's nearly impossible to 1v1 a melee class with the same level gear as you that knows how to interrupt.

Read your other skills. Put some thought and strategy into your game. How fun could it possibly be to just hit one button over and over again? You aren't using your classes full potential if you just use one skill. I am sure there are DOTs, CCs, etc. that you could be applying instead of just Tracers over and over... and over... and over... and over. As an Immortal spec'd Juggernaut I think I use anywhere from 15-20 skills regularly.