75k to 300k...

Mcfondles

I'm level 25.. Who said anything about 50?

Way to stick it to me though.. lol

Yeah. As a level 37 commando who only PvPs in PuGs, I'm usually around 100-150k healing and most of the time that's at least 25k more heals than anybody else in the match. The most I've ever seen by anyone in matches I've played is about 225k healing or 200k damage (combined, the best I've seen are people with about 150k of each).

Lol I get 300K healing and average 8 medals as a "healer" because medals are a joke in this game.

Yeah so?

I get 100K in healing and then 250K in DPS, and thats in a full healer specc.

So whats your point?

Its much easier to get 8 medals while doing DPS than pure healing.

What you should be asking for is medals for 500k and 750k. Or don't heal if you don't want to/aren't good at it.

So

2.5 k heal.... medal

5.0 k heal.... medal

75 k healing.... medal

300 k healing.... medal

That's only 4 medals for a healer, huttball is specifically harder to heal than the others and most people will find it harder to hit 300 k in it. I see alot of people hitting 12-16 medals.. and for a pure healing class, not mixing it up with dps that amount is impossible to achieve. I'm lucky if I can get a defender or a killing blow/10 kills medal to boost it to 6-7.. thats about tops for me tho.

I find the medal system extremely lacking for healers... it's a pretty thankless job usually and even more so when you realize that you're getting less medals than everyone else to boot.

if you're having problems getting 300k heals or dps at 50, with gear, then you're bad

As an operative I find your words offensive. To get 300k damage in champ gear I should try really really hard, screwing all objectives, screwing my team and just dpsing a first person I see.

Your words would be valid if corrected like "if you are missle spammer" or "if you are BM geared" ;).

Edited by DGolubets

As an operative I find your words offensive. To get 300k damage in champ gear I should try really really hard, screwing all objectives, screwing my team and just dpsing a first person I see.

Your words would be valid if corrected like "if you are missle spammer" or "if you are BM geared" ;).

bm gear might net you about 20k more damage, so if you're not close to 300 now you won't get there once you're in full bm either

i dont understand why you doing damage is excluse to things like objectives. once they are dead you can take the objective. its not like you have to break all cc's or wander around in the middle of nowhere to do your dps. there is practically no situation in the game where you cannot find someone to hit that would benefit your team

I am kind of curious about these healing numbers. I am going to guess you are all some kind of aoe healers?

I am a Commando level 50 and do a lot of healing. 31 combat medic and 10 in the middle tree.

There is no way I will ever get that high healing right now. I have centurion gear mainly right now so a bit over 300 expertise i think.

My max single heal crit is a bit over 4k.

Ive never had a heal over 5k. And the best healing game I have had is over 200k healing. I am always keeping peopel alive and in about 5 seconds I can heal someone for 10k damage. That if medical probe, advanced med probe and the insta heal all crit.

I guess I do try to do damage when healing isnt needed. To get the high healing numbers I guess I would just keep healing people even when there down like 1500hp?

Or commando doesnt get as high numbers maybe?

Or just need better gear maybe. I do like my char and feel like i help a lot, just never get those high numbers.

300k dmg and 50k guard medals aren't easy to get as well.

The OP complained about both healing and damage, where the issue is that 75k is fairly easy to achieve, 300k is unreachable for a lot of people no matter what they do, and there's no real reward for anything in between. The same thing might apply to the protection medals, although I get the impression the 50k protection medal is easier to get than 300k damage or healing.

The discussion has since focused on healing because healers can optimize their personal medal counts by aiming to get just over 75k in healing and spending the rest of their time/resources on dealing damage instead of healing throughout the match.

Edited by Dzhokhar

The OP complained about both healing and damage, where the issue is that 75k is fairly easy to achieve, 300k is unreachable for a lot of people no matter what they do, and there's no real reward for anything in between. The same thing might apply to the protection medals, although I get the impression the 50k protection medal is easier to get than 300k damage or healing.

The discussion has since focused on healing because healers can optimize their personal medal counts by aiming to get just over 75k in healing and spending the rest of their time/resources on dealing damage instead of healing throughout the match.

I know what he's talking about.

I seen a few REALLY GOOD healers decide to change to DPS in order to get more medals each match. I end up not inviting them anymore because they were way more useful as healers and I don't like running groups without at least 2.

ATM the only classes that can really pull 10+ medals are Tanks because of Guard and Damage.

Edited by ComeAndSee

I seen a few REALLY GOOD healers decide to change to DPS in order to get more medals each match. I end up not inviting them anymore because they were way more useful as healers and I don't like running groups without at least 2.

ATM the only classes that can really pull 10+ medals are Tanks because of Guard and Damage.

A lot of the problem is in PuG warzones, where you don't get to choose who you play with. The problem is that the current medals reward bad behavior.

Some healers do damage to help apply pressure or defend nodes with DoTs.

But medal-farmers are usually not who I want on my team either. Just don't mistake them throwing out damage when necessary to them farming medals.

I can usually get about 200-250k as a level 20 marauder, same with my 22 sniper.

I tend to actually get lower at 50 just cuz I'm more interested in winning than getting medals- because of dailies winning is actually important, while medals... meh, they're a nice thing on the side.

Regardless, it's supposed to be a decently challenging medal to get for dps specific characters. You either need to be pretty good to get it- or be playing a match where the numbers are very high (usually because both sides have good healing so fights last longer, and thus you have more time to build up damage). I find it far easier to get such medals in VS and Alderaan- but huttball revolves so much more around positioning and CC that it can be difficult when you're trying to win.

So when talking about medals.. What is with the huge healing/damage gap from 75k to 300k?! I usually get around 150k - 200k healing done... So I don't get any more medals than a dps sorcerer who healed himself a total of 75k during the match...?

Why isn't there one for 200k healing done? Or whatever increments you think sound right.. Just to me the gap from 75k to 300k just doesn't seem right.

They really didn't think the healing medals through at all. If you're medal farming go dps or tank (slap a guard on someone you know will take oodles of damage). It's not the healing medal gap that's annoying, is that we only have 4 medals we can strive for unless we go out and dps a little to grab a few extra.

On the flip side, you'll get some nice folks who will notice when you bust your butt healing and throw some mvp votes your way to help you out a bit. It's rolling the dice at the end of the game, but still. Don't be a jerk during the match and you may find 3-4+ votes tossed your way.

Edited by noebert