Dread Guard Gear (Supercommando)

So I'm finally playing the class I REALLY, REALLY wanted to play and that is the Trooper Vanguard.

I'm currently level 26 and was looking at the end-game gear and saw the Dread Guard gear set. I know that in order to get said armor I need to run Hard Mode things, but what i can't figure out is WHAT to run on HM.

Also are the pieces to get the armor bound on pickup? Would I be able to use my 55 Sith Warrior Juggernaut to get the pieces, then send via mail to my Vanguard for later use?

Just curious.

Thanks!!!

Dread Guard gear (63s), at this point, has very little value other than slightly improving your stats if you're gearing up. If you simply level up all the way through Makeb, you'll be able to get 66s from dailies, your own crafting, gtn, etc. I believe Dread Guard gear can currently be bought with Classic Comms which come from old flashpoints and operations (level 50 stuff). Your goal as a tank should be to get Arkanian Gear (69s) (from HM FPs and crafters) with full purple 28 augments, and once you're close, you start running SM 55 Ops. Anything less than that gear is just placeholder and will most likely be replaced very quickly if you're doing all your dailies and flashpoints at your level. Edited by tahoeWolverine

So should i even bother getting/using Classic Comm gear to level to 55 and just use Black Hole gear that will drop from level 50 FP's and HM FP's?

Also, how does the Warzone gear do in PvE? Does it hold its own against level 55 Basic and Elite gear? Or should it ONLY be used for PvP?

I have about 10 lvl 55 by now and they way I do it is just leveling up and using the drops I get, if possible I try to run lvl 50 operations or/and flashpoints and by that get some gear. Dread Guard gear is nice pre-55 but it won't help you that much more then common drops, I find it more simple to just do some lvl 50 flashpoints (if you are a tank you are gonna get some fast pop).

PvP gear does hold it's own against Basic Gear, however note that there is a wast difference between the DPS of a PvP geared player and a PvE geared player, I normally tend to do very few warzones during leveling but if you enjoy it, do it but don't spend the commendations unless you really have it. If you save up some, the relics/implants/earpiece that you can get is a p sweet and fast upgrade when you hit 55, from that point just join Story Mode raids, pref. with a guild that you are in (join one if you aren't already in one) so you can also learn tactics and general raiding rules.

If you end up with a mil or so when you hit 55, buy some stuff from GTN, normally people put up barrels, armorings, mods and **** for like 20k-30k and that way you can have a decent gear when you hit 55 without having to lift a finger.

PvP gear does hold it's own against Basic Gear, however note that there is a wast difference between the DPS of a PvP geared player and a PvE geared player

Will a PvE geared player be doing more damage? or less damage?

I most likely won't end up using the PvP gear for Tanking, just wondering how I would stack up compared to other players. What I'd probably end of doing (B/c I don't just randomly queue for PvP) is switching between PvE and PvP gear sets. That cargo hold is good for somethings haha.

Will a PvE geared player be doing more damage? or less damage?

I most likely won't end up using the PvP gear for Tanking, just wondering how I would stack up compared to other players. What I'd probably end of doing (B/c I don't just randomly queue for PvP) is switching between PvE and PvP gear sets. That cargo hold is good for somethings haha.

The difference between PvP Gear and PvE Gear is expertise, basicslly an items total stats (endurance+aim+defence) is 150, a PvE item will have all that in those three stats. However a PvP item will have some of those points in expertise, meaning that the total endurance, aim and defence is lower then in the PvE item, I would recommend getting some PvP gear when you hit 55 so you won't be ****** geared, but as you continue, get two separate sets =)