New to PT, need help on PvP spec.

Craxim

Hey everyone, newly created PT alt, aimed for the goal of winning in PvP. Only level 31 right now, I've checked Noxxic out but no one in my guild really PvPs all that much, so I wanted to come to the community to ask what a recommended build for a Pyrotech for PvP is? Should be 50 in the next few days so I figured I'd start getting ready. Been reading some good things about AP for Ranked, but it'll be awhile until I get to that so I don't want to worry about it right now. Any and all opinions welcome, and any and all explanations of anything about said spec would also be appreciated.

Thanks guys/gals!

Soooo the top three stickies did nothing for you? Glad to have another FOTM that does not read.

Soooo you would rather try to trash me for asking a question rather than answer the question? You took the effort to respond, you could have at least done something useful with that effort. There are multiple specs there, yes, but most are for 1.2, and when clicked on result in nothing coming up in the spec. I did read the post, but I was asking for a broader reach, trying to connect with more people and not just accept what is sticky'd as the one and only way. Clearly this bothered you enough to make you say something about it, but what you say has no relevance, since I did in fact do what you are implying I didn't do. Thanks for your "help".

Edited by Craxim

Soooo you would rather try to trash me for asking a question rather than answer the question? You took the effort to respond, you could have at least done something useful with that effort. There are multiple specs there, yes, but most are for 1.2, and when clicked on result in nothing coming up in the spec. I did read the post, but I was asking for a broader reach, trying to connect with more people and not just accept what is sticky'd as the one and only way. Clearly this bothered you enough to make you say something about it, but what you say has no relevance, since I did in fact do what you are implying I didn't do. Thanks for your "help".

Then you obviously did not read enough. Please go back and actually read, not skim. Good day.

Then you obviously did not read enough. Please go back and actually read, not skim. Good day.

What I said:

What I think you read:

There are multiple specs there, yes, I did read the post.

You still could have given an answer with all this effort, and you still have ignored the fact that the ENTIRE community of PTs do not have their opinions in those threads. You also seemed to ignore the parts of my comment that (I assume) you didn't have an answer to. Way to turn this attempt at engaging my fellow players into a troll's argument. You're just a bright ball of sunshine, aren't you?

Edited by Craxim

The Taugrim guide is pretty good, and has been updated for 1.3 (removed Iron Fist spec as a viable ST PvP spec). Torhead skills calculator is borked atm, links do not display correctly...so try finding the same spec on dbhater.

Pyro PT is excellent for burst dmg (it is the one everyone cries about), but regardless of what others might say it is a bit glass cannon. You will kill a lot, but also be killed just as much. You will get focussed hard in Wz....so expect to respawn a lot.

If you go Pyro, get the Eliminator 4-set bonus for the railshot bonus.

The Taugrim guide is pretty good, and has been updated for 1.3 (removed Iron Fist spec as a viable ST PvP spec). Torhead skills calculator is borked atm, links do not display correctly...so try finding the same spec on dbhater.

Pyro PT is excellent for burst dmg (it is the one everyone cries about), but regardless of what others might say it is a bit glass cannon. You will kill a lot, but also be killed just as much. You will get focussed hard in Wz....so expect to respawn a lot.

If you go Pyro, get the Eliminator 4-set bonus for the railshot bonus.

That's what I've been told. So far the being focused hasn't been *too* bad in the leveling WZ but I expect that to change drastically once I get to 50 on it. I read the Taugrim guide, I think my main question is whether or not to go full 31 in Pyro or to only go 27 in it like some of the better Pyros on my server are doing. The spec I've been seeing quite a bit would be this one. As far as the torhead links in the guide, it's because they were 1.2 links and torhead has changed the order of the specs now that 1.3 has launched.

I would not pass up the thermal det. It was viable before 1.2 to go without it because of the great chance to get 3 railshots in a row. Now its only possible to get 2 and that thermal det fills the gap and increases your burst potential if lined up correctly with your railshot.

I would not pass up the thermal det. It was viable before 1.2 to go without it because of the great chance to get 3 railshots in a row. Now its only possible to get 2 and that thermal det fills the gap and increases your burst potential if lined up correctly with your railshot.

I see. I've also heard of the "6/4/31" vs the "7/3/31" (don't know if those numbers are in the correct order), what is the 1 point difference in these specs?