future cw seasons

clonewarsisbest

This show needs to stop.

No, it doesn't.

I reckon that they will get between 1-3 more seasons out of this, with two being the magic number. One to progress the story towards episode 3 and the second to tie up any loose ends for the series-made characters. A ninth one is possible of course but I'd imagine they want to get the Clone Wars finished by the time of the new movie.

Well Season 6 is in the works:

"I've written, like, twelve, sixteen [episodes] now? Because we're three years ahead of you guys. We've already written Season Six."

―Christian Taylor, in September 2011

Season 5 was set to be the last series, there were only meant to be 100 episodes, now we've got 103. So maybe there coming to an end. Then again doesn't that quote sound like TCW story is still going strong? He says 'We've already written Season Six.' - not 'we've already written the final episodes'. And last year Filoni said this:

"I've done eight different endings for her. I'll be talking to George about it soon"

―Dave Filoni, in July 2011

Thats concerning Ashoka Tano's fate, which I presume would happen at the very end, in the final season. I'm going a bit in depth here but what the heck. That was said in July, implying that at that point the final season had yet to be written or at least completed. Two months later Taylor tells us that Season Six is done. I doubt Ashoka's fate i.e. the final season, could have be done in that time. So I think its safe to say that Season Six is not the last.

And finally, George Lucas said this in an interview:

"We've been doing this for three years. We have one year finished, we're in the middle of the second year. I've written the third year. We expect this to go on for at least five or six years."

―George Lucas, in March 2008.

That was 2008 when the first season was coming to and end. What's important is he says he expects it will continue for another five or six years. Were moving into the fifth year now (has it been that long!) and the series seems to be running strong. Season Six will probably premiere in September, and from the above quotes I reckon we could very well see a Season Seven and a Season Eight, maybe, just maybe even a Season Nine. But no more than that.

Concerning content: I reckon this season will focus on Maul and Ventress/Ashoka. Maul will be put to bed and Ventress and Ashoka's stories will take a radical new track - giving a climatic ending. Season 6 and 7 will continue where it left off and progress the stories of Ventress and Ashoka. While introducing familiar themes from Revenge of the Sith i.e. Sidious machinations and Anakin's fall. But mainly exploring new characters and storylines. Perhaps wrapping up the stories of characters we don't see in ROTS (e.g. Bounty Hunters) And Season 8 will focus on the final stages of the war, which will start to turn in the Republic's favour, with lots of big battles. And if there is a Season Nine, it will be doing similar things, but with a heavy focus on Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ashoka, in particular Anakin's fall and Ashoka's fate. What I can say almost for sure is that the final stages will end with a film, like they began. And hopefully it will be awesome.

^^That's my guess.

Concerning content: I reckon this season will focus on Maul and Ventress/Ashoka. Maul will be put to bed and Ventress and Ashoka's stories will take a radical new track - giving a climatic ending. Season 6 and 7 will continue where it left off and progress the stories of Ventress and Ashoka. While introducing familiar themes from Revenge of the Sith i.e. Sidious machinations and Anakin's fall. But mainly exploring new characters and storylines. Perhaps wrapping up the stories of characters we don't see in ROTS (e.g. Bounty Hunters) And Season 8 will focus on the final stages of the war, which will start to turn in the Republic's favour, with lots of big battles. And if there is a Season Nine, it will be doing similar things, but with a heavy focus on Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ashoka, in particular Anakin's fall and Ashoka's fate. What I can say almost for sure is that the final stages will end with a film, like they began. And hopefully it will be awesome.

^^That's my guess.

Maul will be pretty much done in next episode, even if he survives he will just become someone's tool.

"I've done eight different endings for her. I'll be talking to George about it soon"

―Dave Filoni, in July 2011

Thats concerning Ashoka Tano's fate, which I presume would happen at the very end, in the final season

if you look at the 100 episodes of clone wars it looks like it will be the end of this season

if you look at the 100 episodes of clone wars it looks like it will be the end of this season
Really? You think... *hushed tone* you think Ventress is going to kill Ashoka? :D

No, but really, really? Sure I could see it happening from a Star Wars point of view, but back to reality, killing off such a major character and popular character is, risky. Unless of course that isn't her final fate. But from the looks of the previews, if her fate is met here, what else could it be?

Thought, Ashoka seems to be on the run from the Republic and the Jedi it seems, why? Did she do something wrong? Something darkside? Perhaps, just perhaps, she will escape the clutches of Ventress and go into self-imposed exile. (or join Ventress :eek:) I'm also wondering what Ventress is doing on Coruscant, and what Ashoka is doing beheading Death Watch. Oh boy can I not wait for that arc.

Really? You think... *hushed tone* you think Ventress is going to kill Ashoka? :D

No, but really, really? Sure I could see it happening from a Star Wars point of view, but back to reality, killing off such a major character and popular character is, risky. Unless of course that isn't her final fate. But from the looks of the previews, if her fate is met here, what else could it be?

Thought, Ashoka seems to be on the run from the Republic and the Jedi it seems, why? Did she do something wrong? Something darkside? Perhaps, just perhaps, she will escape the clutches of Ventress and go into self-imposed exile. (or join Ventress :eek:) I'm also wondering what Ventress is doing on Coruscant, and what Ashoka is doing beheading Death Watch. Oh boy can I not wait for that arc.

i do not think ventress will kill her but i think she will hide in the underworld, that way she can pop up in the next series, and i think ventress is trying to destroy the jedi temple

i do not think ventress will kill her but i think she will hide in the underworld, that way she can pop up in the next series, and i think ventress is trying to destroy the jedi temple
Why would Ventress wan't do to that? (Lol, I know you don't have the answers but this conversation is interesting. :D) And what do you think Ashoka did to make her run away? Yoda calls her 'lost'. We know the 'Lost 20' where Jedi who left the Jedi Order, so perhaps Ashoka somehow did something similar... but obviously without the Jedi's approval. I also feel she must have done something major, because the whole army is looking for her. But know sign of Anakin or Obi Wan... Edited by Beniboybling

Why would Ventress wan't do to that? (Lol, I know you don't have the answers but this conversation is interesting. :D) And what do you think Ashoka did to make her run away? Yoda calls her 'lost'. We know the 'Lost 20' where Jedi who left the Jedi Order, so perhaps Ashoka somehow did something similar... but obviously without the Jedi's approval. I also feel she must have done something major, because the whole army is looking for her. But know sign of Anakin or Obi Wan...

well ventress blowing up the temple i think was a bounty but it is shown in the series preview at around one minuet and i think ashoka learns stuff about the jedi order that she doesn't like ( the woman telling her that the jedi order inst what it used to be, but this of course is just a guess

http://starwars.com/watch/tcw_season5_cvi_trailer.html

Edited by turnoverla-page

It's a show for kids? I'm 19 and I question the actions I see :p

It's probably aimed at kids and teens, but that hardly disqualifies it as content watchable by adults, I've seen some dark **** in shows and movies for kids compared to what they make for the older generations

On topic I would say one or two seasons more, they got a few villains they've been saving up, we still don't know how all the captured separatist leaders escape republic custody, and I feel there is still some character development needed for Ahsoka before "that thing" as the producers calls it happens

A few months ago I thought the seventh season would be the last one, but after they pushed the Clovis arc to the next season I believe they got a few episodes more than they originally thought they would have, would also mean the series end just as the next Star Wars movies becomes a mainstream topic