Change Rest abilities and toys toggle or increase channel time to (near) infinite

Glzmo

This is awesome. Before I sign (And I am definitely signing) I would just like to ask that these become toggles, so you get a realistic movement when you finish with them.

Also please make Companion Dance 999 seconds like regular dance is.

And with that: /signed

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely all this would allow you to do is prevent idle logouts.

Is this such a big problem on servers with multiple fleet versions, there is room for everyone.

Being afk, doing something in real life that takes longer than expected is normal for many people out there, sitting in my Kolto Tank while I head out to answer the front door is a nice idea.

No, one can assume it wouldn't. The Twi'lek Species ability Parlor Dance is currently a 9999 second channeled ability already and it doesn't prevent idle logouts while channeling it either. Thus there is nothing to worry about. Edited by Glzmo

• 1 month later...

I understand channel times, and why they should end when they do. But I have an alternate idea.

SWTOR should make emote versions of these rests. Keep them locked from use until you are a character that can/has used them for recuperation. They'll have their beginning stage of animation, reach a seamless repeatable middle stage, and stay there until ESC is pressed, initiating the exit stage of the animation. Obviously, in emergencies, if you need to get moving right away and have no time to watch the animation end, simply start moving and you're immediately restored.

Keeping them locked until genuine use means there are all the recuperative emotes in the list of options. Like unlocking an emote from an item, when you use your recuperation ability for the first time, it is simply unlocked as an emote. Same thing for toy recoveries, use them, bind them, emote unlocked. That way, we don't have a Knight trying to get away with Recharge and Reload, for example.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, or this:

SWTOR should make emote versions of these rests. Keep them locked from use until you are a character that can/has used them for recuperation. They'll have their beginning stage of animation, reach a seamless repeatable middle stage, and stay there until ESC is pressed, initiating the exit stage of the animation. Obviously, in emergencies, if you need to get moving right away and have no time to watch the animation end, simply start moving and you're immediately restored.

Keeping them locked until genuine use means there are all the recuperative emotes in the list of options. Like unlocking an emote from an item, when you use your recuperation ability for the first time, it is simply unlocked as an emote. Same thing for toy recoveries, use them, bind them, emote unlocked. That way, we don't have a Knight trying to get away with Recharge and Reload, for example.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
It would be nice if using these didn't break your "rez" stealth as well. I used to have one as my main source of regen, but after dieing to a mob and rez'ing, it immediately knocks me out of stealth upon use. therefore I stopped buying and using these.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This raises an issue that I've run into in other situations -- I've had a pile of items that built up from not making the time to put them on the GTN, and by the time I get everything grouped out so that I minimize the number of changes I have to make in the search parameters to look up current prices, and actually get things up on the GTN, the game marks me as AFK, even though I'm continually interacting with the GTN interface. There needs to be some sort of recognition by the game that you're actively interacting with the game, whether it's the GTN, crafting/crew missions, or chat that will mark you as 'active'. If the other types of interaction with the game other than moving and attacking would keep you from going AFK and getting logged out, then the various idle actions like rest would flag you as active only when you activated the ability, so that if you, say, activated Seethe and just left it running without doing anything else, you'd go AFK and idle out. But starting the chair sit emote and then chatting would keep resetting your active flag every time you said something, keeping you logged in because you're interacting with the game, not just letting the 'rest' animation run.

This raises an issue that I've run into in other situations -- I've had a pile of items that built up from not making the time to put them on the GTN, and by the time I get everything grouped out so that I minimize the number of changes I have to make in the search parameters to look up current prices, and actually get things up on the GTN, the game marks me as AFK, even though I'm continually interacting with the GTN interface. There needs to be some sort of recognition by the game that you're actively interacting with the game, whether it's the GTN, crafting/crew missions, or chat that will mark you as 'active'. If the other types of interaction with the game other than moving and attacking would keep you from going AFK and getting logged out, then the various idle actions like rest would flag you as active only when you activated the ability, so that if you, say, activated Seethe and just left it running without doing anything else, you'd go AFK and idle out. But starting the chair sit emote and then chatting would keep resetting your active flag every time you said something, keeping you logged in because you're interacting with the game, not just letting the 'rest' animation run.
True enough. I often get logged out during roleplay where we are just talking and not moving around, too. It would be best if the game would recognize any mouse and keyboard input like LOTRO and other MMORPGs do and reset the idle state based on them.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Instead, how about Holoprojector Disguise be a toggle? Like how speeders, stances, and cells can be toggled on and off, Holoprojector Disguise is just a state you can toggle on and off.

Of course, it can't be used in battle, and is deactivated when battle starts, but otherwise, we simply switch it on and off at will. While we're at it, I would also like to see effect options pop up in a new quickbar while the effect is on. These effect options should include Activate, Deactivate, and Disrupted.

Useful for RP purposes, Activate simply means the projection is running. Deactivate makes the player flicker out of existence, as though the holocall ended. (Their nameplate shall remain, or at least the holoprojection probe, thus not giving the player a pseudo-cloak, but still retaining the RP feel while the ended holocall leaves the room.) Using Activate turns the projection back on, as though it's a new call, or if someone set up beforehand to play the roll of a caller. Finally, Disrupted is a flickering image, barely visible. (I shouldn't have to explain the potential, there.)

And, while I'm still on a tangent, a nice cousin toy to this would be the Force Apparition. Same as the holo projector, except they're a Force apparition. With at least Arrive and Depart effects so the ghost can come and go, like ghosts do.

Then you're doing something wrong.

Probably not throwing Resurgence and Revivification on my HK before starting the channel, but ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Seriously though, I would like longer channeling on rest abilities and other abilities that don't directly cause damage or otherwise inhibit players.

Edited by Kuronan