Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

mfourcustom

I'm went with 11/08/27 build. I can, on occasion top the dps charts and when I queue up with my smasher guardian friend I can keep up with him in terms of dps on a few matches but in all honesty the class is trash. The devs are completely oblivious to what tactics and assault need in order to be viable in competitive pvp. In regs I destroy people but would have my ***** handed to me in a rated match.

I've been playing the class since beta and I've picked up on some tricks. Sad part is if I would put the same effort into playing my guardian or shadow as I do my vanguard I would be doing 10x better.

Tactics is not the great spec people make it out to seem. Why would a melee class that has so much mobility be forced to stop moving and channel a COE? I'll wait.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is still 54 and vastly overequipped for the bracket so it's difficult to judge but I've had no issues taking out the few 50+ healers I encountered. Full assault of course.

that's just it once you'll hit 55 you will struggle alot.. you wont be hitting very hard and you most certainly wont survive long unless protected by heals and guard(wich could've been used for better things)

The game requires team effort more than at any other time. I look at vanguard as a fairly good complement to a healer killer such as combat sentinel due to its stream of still fairly high if at times unspectacular dps, constant snares, high mobility, and most important hard stuns to lock those scouperatives down when they hit 30%. Having said that, infiltration shadows could probably accomplish the same thing better but not as consistantly. Assault/pyro is severely gimped by the fact that so much of its dps is cleansable and if this were addressed the issue would be resolved. Giving the spec an ability to strip hots from target would also restore the spec to usefulness. Edited by Aelaias