Black Talon droprate?

So I've been running black talon over and over by myself to try and get the Black Talon Juggernaut's Body Armor , both torhead and darthater list it as coming from Sergeant Boran

as of now I have killed him 21 times and every time he has dropped the black talon juggernaut gloves without fail , want to know if I am doing something wrong or am I just really unlucky?

I must have it , love collecting orange gear . also at this point I think I desire it more out of spite then the style.

These boards really need a search engine!!!!

Anyways its been posted before (its not your fault, see above).

But the drop rate is either bugged at times or its very rare. In my 20+ runs now ( I stopped counting) I have seen it (juggernaut chest) only once. And marauder twice. No pants or helmets.

Advice: if you want the juggernaut items to drop, try being the juggernaut profession story mode. I.E. If your in a group of hey yous/LFG random teams; be the first one to run into the story LOL. Then its yours. I heard that sometimes works.

The one time I saw it (4th run), it was my story and another juggernaut player looted it. So I wasnt too mad about it. :(

my run count keeps climbing , I think I have lost the actual desire for the item and am now running out of some perverse and blind hatred it WILL drop , even if I have to do nothing but this night and day I hate being a stubborn *** sometimes

47 runs now , and that is not an exaggeration I've taken to keeping count , as well as a tally of drops also I have only been doing Sergeant Boran and then reseting ,

46 pair of juggernaut gloves

1 operative chest

seriously either this is bugged or the RNG gods hate my guts

I am farming Cadimemu for the Smuggler chest that drops there...as a JK. I haven't seen in in my five or so runs, and the boss always drops the JK chest. I think it has something do to with class. Best thing you can do is keep running and pray.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am trying to get it too and thought any other light side warriors trying to get it might be able to use this info below. Its a fast way to gain affection with Vette while farming for the chest.

Black Talon answers for Affection points:

! = not

- = anything

3,3,-

3,3,-,!1

!3,!2,!2,1

!3,-

= +455 Affection points and +200 light side points

I've been getting a tonne of affection points with Mako farming for the Op coat for her... and selling all the crap you get to the vendor outside the entrance between runs is raking up a nice bank balance too. I'm only up to 6 runs so far

Here's an interesting fact.

I spent a couple of days farming BT for the blasted chest, but had to give up and get the crafted lvl 25 version (which looks quite nice, being red and all).

After having the chest crafted i went to Dromun Kaas to pick up the yellow matrix shard (in the "Shadow spawn" heroic area). This area is the home to a Champion, Dr. Pammel Tarqus and his two beasts "shadow" and "Wraith".

Killing off all three yielded two robes, one medium and one heavy with the same mesh as the Black talon Juggernaut's body armor.

The Irony ...it BURNS!

So there you go. An ACTUAL (unlike the fabled Black talon robe) way to get a hold of a moddable chest that looks like a robe. Happy hunting!

This is a problem that has been addressed with customer services. The answer we got was that the drops are random and there isnt an issue. Yet clearly there is. Since release my friends and i have played during almost all our free time. Player "1" has created 8 characters on our server, and had at a minimum, 2 runs of BT on his characters to get the equipment he wants. I say minimum, some have taken 3 or 4 runs. Player "2" created 3 characters, and after 9 runs, got the equipment he desired. Player "3" created 2 characters, and got his gear after 4 runs. I have 4 characters from each basic class, all having run BT. My main is usually the one to run most of the new toons through BT.

My point is this: We have done a considerable amount of BT runs. Not once have we seen the Juggernaut armour, wether it was needed or not. I have more agent/bounty hunter armour than i can wave a stick at. Inquisitor gear is equally as common. Tonight, my marauder got all the gear required in one run.

There is a problem, it needs to be addressed. Please dont let this experience turn into the whole BF3 EA/Dice experience.

• 1 month later...