X Server rateds

TwitchWINs

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that wouldn't be a stretch of the imaginiation for sure. Although if we're making predictions, my guess is they will eventually open up "paid transfers", and Ranked teams/players will simply pay_fee/migrate to the server with the most competent action. It would be easier for EA to make money on players moving themselves accordingly, then them giving cross-server routes for free. I could be wrong though, just speculation really.

Honestly wouldn't mind even this. I've never been a fan of leveling toon's and it seems so much easier to just transfer to where the action is happening if we cant get X server que's. Would be nice if by some chance this will happen in the near future

I am not going to fill this whole space with a text wall like some people! Please just make cross server rated queues it is the only way you are going to have any sort of lasting warzone pvp base.

Honestly, I don't know why they would. Most of the player base left after rated warzones came out even though it being heralded as the fix for pvp back then. Truth is not many people play rated, so why cater to the select few elite players.

What they need to do is create a decent open world pvp environment. Make the game enjoyable for everyone and the pvp player base will swell. This is why gw2 kicked the crap out of this game.

Honestly, I don't know why they would. Most of the player base left after rated warzones came out even though it being heralded as the fix for pvp back then. Truth is not many people play rated, so why cater to the select few elite players.

What they need to do is create a decent open world pvp environment. Make the game enjoyable for everyone and the pvp player base will swell. This is why gw2 kicked the crap out of this game.

Open World doesn't work in this game on a massive scale, due to the lagtastic terribad engine this game runs on. Player created events are ok, but even then can lack a little incentive for some to get out, but I do enjoy them. Fact is, this game cannot handle World PvP on a decent scale, which is why 95% of the PvP takes place in WZ's.

The reason a lot players/teams do not partake in Rated currently, is the utter lack of a ladder system that places teams accordingly, and of course lack of PvP types per server. If cross-server or paid transfers were about, with a legitimate ladder based system, teams would do these more often without a doubt.

PS: More teams/players queue for Ranked matches than World PvP, so why cater to the lagfest called World PvP?

Edited by Pistols-GS

Open World doesn't work in this game on a massive scale, due to the lagtastic terribad engine this game runs on. Player created events are ok, but even then can lack a little incentive for some to get out, but I do enjoy them. Fact is, this game cannot handle World PvP on a decent scale, which is why 95% of the PvP takes place in WZ's.

The reason a lot players/teams do not partake in Rated currently, is the utter lack of a ladder system that places teams accordingly, and of course lack of PvP types per server. If cross-server or paid transfers were about, with a legitimate ladder based system, teams would do these more often without a doubt.

PS: More teams/players queue for Ranked matches than World PvP, so why cater to the lagfest called World PvP?

95% of pvp takes place in warzones because all incentive was removed for everything else. Remove rewards for warzones and you'll see the same thing. If designed well, open pvp wouldn't have to be laggy, the issue is poor design.

Ps- as badly as ilum was designed. More players played there than have ever done ranked warzones. It amazes me how people think they can do the same things over and expect different results. You think that ranked is failing because the lack of player base. After the server mergers there were tons ranked groups. It only reduced the population further. Losers get tired of losing and even the winners get tired of winning. Just look at your own guild.

95% of pvp takes place in warzones because all incentive was removed for everything else. Remove rewards for warzones and you'll see the same thing. If designed well, open pvp wouldn't have to be laggy, the issue is poor design.

Ps- as badly as ilum was designed. More players played there than have ever done ranked warzones. It amazes me how people think they can do the same things over and expect different results. You think that ranked is failing because the lack of player base. After the server mergers there were tons ranked groups. It only reduced the population further. Losers get tired of losing and even the winners get tired of winning. Just look at your own guild.

Incentives on Ilum were also farmed, which is just another reason Ilum failed to deliver worthy content. I don't see how EA could design a legitimate system that would combat the lag the comes with this game, short of scrapping the current Hero engine and placing the game on something else. Heck, we get enough lag issues in WZ's lol.

More players played on Ilum because that essentially was a farm (not too mention the playerbase was 10 times what we have now). Ilum was horrid, absolutely horrid PvP. Pullfests into enemy turrets was not fun, nor engaging, couple that with 4-6 framerate...and yeah. This game doesn't have the player incentives to just open world PvP...and honestly I've come to realize WZ's just takes more skill and coordination than what we get from world PvP in TOR. I'm not saying I dislike a good world battle, just stating why I (and many others) prefer WZ's.

I think Rankeds are failing due to a ladder system, because the current set-up is not conducive to new teams trying them out. It's not uncommon to see new teams try Rankeds, get lolstomped by shark teams, and then never queue again. It sucks lol. If we had that ladder based system, where they pitted teams against similar rated teams, perhaps more guilds/teams would give it a whirl knowing the odds of getting curb-stomped would potentially be lessened.

If they were to introduce a working World model that couldn't be farmed, the server latency didn't make people puke, and the general population took it in stride I would be just fine with that. But at the same time, I'm not waiting on that pipedream because I know it's difficult for this team from a developing standpoint. More people "farmed" on Ilum than anyone has farmed in Rankeds btw. But hey, the more legitimate PvP options, the better man. Who knows, maybe World PvP, cross-server queue's and Season 1 are all pipedreams...and no idea what the last part was supposed to mean.

Edited by Pistols-GS

I think its too late for that. Cross server rateds should have been in a year ago.

At least thats my perspective. Almost everyone I used to play with from my first 2 servers is gone. We had some very competetive rated teams back in the day. And we were asking for cross servers soon after rateds came out. BW screwed up with rateds - released them too late and never got cross server going or any type of real reward/incentive, rankings, etc.

Most of the best PVPers are long gone, and the game has been steadily bleeding PVPers since. Dont mean to be too negative, maybe this is just my perspective, but I think its too late. Too much damage has already been done, NOTHING has been done with rateds since they were introduced.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

I think its too late for that. Cross server rateds should have been in a year ago.

At least thats my perspective. Almost everyone I used to play with from my first 2 servers is gone. We had some very competetive rated teams back in the day. And we were asking for cross servers soon after rateds came out. BW screwed up with rateds - released them too late and never got cross server going or any type of real reward/incentive, rankings, etc.

Most of the best PVPers are long gone, and the game has been steadily bleeding PVPers since. Dont mean to be too negative, maybe this is just my perspective, but I think its too late. Too much damage has already been done, NOTHING has been done with rateds since they were introduced.

Yes yes a lot of good people left thats why we need something to breathe new air into an almost empty community.

Who knows xserver will bring more action, more competition with better teams playing each other and starter teams building up experience with their equals. Maybe some PvPers might come back to test the challenge, maybe new players will try PvPing for once.

Its either that or give up the game completely, which is something all of us are on the verge of doing but still, if were posting we care.

Gief Xserver.

I for one don't buy that "most of the great PvP-ers are gone" stuff. Sure, there have been good people that left the game but somehow their image got so distorted now that they are gone and people remember them like some sort of PvP gods. I think the best PvP-ers are still in this game and there are still more than enough people around to make competitive PvP great. But for that we need cross server. And cross server together with a matchmaking system will encourage many new teams to start participating as well and they could actually progress and improve if they are not rolfstomped by a top team over and over again.

Cross server queues along with a matchmaking system would definitely kick new live into PvP. But the last time I heard a developer talk about cross server, they said it was "on the back-burner" so that probably explains why no yellow text is showing up in any of these threads.

Edited by Pahomi

I for one don't buy that "most of the great PvP-ers are gone" stuff. Sure, there have been good people that left the game but somehow their image got so distorted now that they are gone and people remember them like some sort of PvP gods. I think the best PvP-ers are still in this game and there are still more than enough people around to make competitive PvP great.

The above is a good observation and I actually agree with you for once. It's interesting how a lot of so-called "great PvP-ers" disappeared when the gear advantage began to thin. A true champion isn't just someone that wins a title, but one that defends it as well.

I for one don't buy that "most of the great PvP-ers are gone" stuff. Sure, there have been good people that left the game but somehow their image got so distorted now that they are gone and people remember them like some sort of PvP gods. I think the best PvP-ers are still in this game and there are still more than enough people around to make competitive PvP great. But for that we need cross server. And cross server together with a matchmaking system will encourage many new teams to start participating as well and they could actually progress and improve if they are not rolfstomped by a top team over and over again.

Cross server queues along with a matchmaking system would definitely kick new live into PvP. But the last time I heard a developer talk about cross server, they said it was "on the back-burner" so that probably explains why no yellow text is showing up in any of these threads.

Most players have gone period. There are still good ones but there are fewer. All rated games have done is drive people to quit the game. That's just the simple unforetunate truth. Bad teams get frustrated and quit, good teams get bored and quit. It's similar to what's happening in the NBA right now. Stack all of the best players on the same team and it ruins the competitiveness of the game.