cost of transfers

TheProthean

I've seen that these transfer are going to be 1 - ? how many different servers are you allow to go just curious the amount of server we would have to choose from if our servers are eligible for transfer? And is you entire account going to be transferred due to the legacy system?

Thanks,

P.S. Keep up all the good work I am loving the game since the beginning and I can tell you guys are working hard to keep this game booming :)

You will only get to choose from 1 server. Several origin servers to 1 destination server. Origin server shall be opened gradually while still keeping the same destination server, and the origins will keep being opened until staff are satisfied that the destination server is adequately populated. Edited by DiabloDoom

I've seen that these transfer are going to be 1 - ? how many different servers are you allow to go just curious the amount of server we would have to choose from if our servers are eligible for transfer? And is you entire account going to be transferred due to the legacy system?

Thanks,

P.S. Keep up all the good work I am loving the game since the beginning and I can tell you guys are working hard to keep this game booming :)

You will be sent to only 1 server and it will be the same "type" as you are on, ie. pve goes only to pve.

On Tuesday (the 12th), we'll be starting the free character transfer service - if your server becomes eligible for transfer, you'll be able to move all your characters to the selected destination server free of charge.

This needs to be made more clear to everyone... i had to snoop around the dev tracker to find this info. and its 2 days away.

Something as important as character transfers should not be hush hush, or difficult info to find.

This needs to be made more clear to everyone... i had to snoop around the dev tracker to find this info. and its 2 days away.

Something as important as character transfers should not be hush hush, or difficult info to find.

Your kidding right? Its practically impossible to NOT stumble across information about the transfers - not to mention the billion posts, just like this one, of people asking the same old questions over and over.

They have made it VERY clear MANY times.

other than this thread, most threads i have seen about character tranfers were about the methods and not the dates of when it is going to happen.

Also I come to the forums a lot. so after seeing many threads talking about methods of character transfers i ignore it, like spam

Same with stickied info. I see it a lot with info that I am not interested in, so i overlook that as well.

Maybe its ADD, but if I missed it so easily and I come here frequently then having text limited to the general forums is not enough.

They did not even send out mail... and even then I could mistake the mail as something not important becuase swtor sends spam about my companion mising me.

I zone out spam or things I am over exposed to... i guess it is ADD, but i think a lot of people do that as well, which means not enough is done.

Edited by VegaPhone

Your kidding right? Its practically impossible to NOT stumble across information about the transfers - not to mention the billion posts, just like this one, of people asking the same old questions over and over.

They have made it VERY clear MANY times.

I know right? Its like everyone just skips past the giant headline at the top of the community section that says "Character Transfer, Server Populations and You"...

I don't get it...

Is there a list stating what the origin and destination servers will be?

Not yet, we'll probably get it on the first day of free transfers (June 12th 2012), right after the maintenance. Also, that list will probably keep changing.

I know right? Its like everyone just skips past the giant headline at the top of the community section that says "Character Transfer, Server Populations and You"...

I don't get it...

For something as big as character transfers, it should not be on the genreal discussions forums only. Its not a general discussion, and its a big game event. So it makes little sense to even look for it here in the first place.

I posted this earlier, and my previous comment might explain why:

i just noticed the stickied info. And I think something as important as character transfer should not be hidden info on the general discussion forums... even as a stickied comment at the top.

1. I come here a lot that I over look stickied comments most of the time

2. Finding the community button is not easy on this website. I know where it is, but people new to here, or not savvy with PCs it could be a problem

3. Its only on the general discussions forums or dev tracker

This info should be front page as a special event, and emails sent to people in advance...

I'm somewhat disappointed about there being only 1 possible destination as I was considering going to a pvp server (currently on pve). But no big deal really, I can do wz's on any server as long as there is a population. Edited by JonJW

Wow, this is going to be extremely klutzy!

They will decide which servers are eligible and also predetermine which server you can transfer to. This completely and utterly minimizes the chance for players to consolidate their toons on the server they play on now.

Because it has taken way too long to get this transfer underway, any half-lucid player on a low-pop server rolled and levelled new toons on higher-pop servers long ago.

Why isn't this accompanied with the complete risk-free consolidation of toons to ANY destination server you already have toons on??!! Since you can only play one toon at a time anyway, there is ZERO chance of overpopulation.