Nightmare Pilgrim 2.0

• 1 month later...
I'm calling shenanigans on people downing him with 8 man group. We tried this tonight and were WAY ahead on DPS, with tanking and heals being easy........ but consistently all DPS got Blood Mark after the first cast and it never dropped. We consistently burned Pilgrim down to 7%, but Blood Mark always immediately reapplied to all DPS and all we could do was wait around for the enrage timer to hit. We even tried /stuck and running back, but as soon as the DPS came in, Blood Mark was re-applied again.

We've done it 3 times with 8, just have 2 ranged DPS run out like 10 seconds before enraged gore. Run real far away and they won't get the blood mark. This will keep dps fairly even and really it doesn't matter when u kill the dog anymore cause even in his soft enrage, the pilgrim doesn't do much damage on a 72 geard tank.

We've done it 3 times with 8, just have 2 ranged DPS run out like 10 seconds before enraged gore. Run real far away and they won't get the blood mark. This will keep dps fairly even and really it doesn't matter when u kill the dog anymore cause even in his soft enrage, the pilgrim doesn't do much damage on a 72 geard tank.

We did exactly that. We had 2 ranged DPS run out 50m, blood mark applied to healer and a tank, came back in, and still got the blood mark.

Our problem is that 100% of the DPS gets blood mark, continually, even after we get Pilgrim down to 7%. Our initial hit on the dog before the first blood mark gets him down to 45%, and then we can't hit the dog again..... ever..... because of the continual blood mark. Even hitting /stuck and returning to fight AFTER blood mark is applied.... and we still get it.

So I started thinking about this more, and might have figured out the problem.

I think Blood Mark is a continual cast, not a single cast. Pilgrim casts shield, and shortly after dog casts Blood Mark..... but I think dog continually casts blood mark, or pulses blood mark, until the shield drops off of Pilgrim. This would explain why ranged would get blood mark after rushing back in from 50m, because it was before the shield dropped off the Pilgrim.

That's the only explanation I can think of.

So I started thinking about this more, and might have figured out the problem.

I think Blood Mark is a continual cast, not a single cast. Pilgrim casts shield, and shortly after dog casts Blood Mark..... but I think dog continually casts blood mark, or pulses blood mark, until the shield drops off of Pilgrim. This would explain why ranged would get blood mark after rushing back in from 50m, because it was before the shield dropped off the Pilgrim.

That's the only explanation I can think of.

Blood marks going out until shield channel is complete has always been the case.