LGBT Players

gothamknyght

Why is your gender or sexual preference in anyway relevant to a game you play?

Stop making a big deal out of your sexual orientation, at least until guild advertisements contain "MUST BE HETERO".

Why is your gender or sexual preference in anyway relevant to a game you play?

Stop making a big deal out of your sexual orientation, at least until guild advertisements contain "MUST BE HETERO".

I wholeheartedly agree. We don't mind what anyone's sexual preference is IRL. But just imagine if all players did what happened here. BioWare would have to add another subthread alongside 'Guild Recruitment' at the top labelled 'Personal Ads.'

Please leave this stuff to Plenty of Fish. :)

WIth Peace, Love, and Happiness.

Makes sense to me, with the way people throw around homophobic slurs and say it's part of "gaming culture". Guilds don't need to put up an explicit "HETERO ONLY" label to make it clear that LGBTQ players - and those of us straight players who love and support our gay sisters and brothers - aren't welcome.

To the OP: I don't know if what you're seeking exists, but at a minimum you should be able to find a guild that warmly accepts and already contains members of all orientations and identities.:ph_cheers:

Looking for other LGBT RP players, anyone out there. Would really like to RP from lv.1 to endgame with someone.

At launch, there were two allied LGBT Guilds Republic Centurions/Imperial Centurions and Albany Republic/Albany Sith. But when they were auto-created they ended up on different servers. Then there was the server consolodation. Eventual RC/IR died and AR/AS split into three groups. One stayed, one left for the new and shiny GW2, and the third returned to the Knights of the White Lady in LOTRO (where we all came from as a guild).

Those of us who stayed looked at the bonuses for being in an active guild and shuttered Albany. We joined the Army of Light and Army of Darkness. Though not created as an explicitly LGBT guild, the AoL/AoD guild was found to be large, active, friendly, mature, supportive of all play-styles, exceptionably knowledgeable of Star Wars lore, and most importantly having no tolerance for its members slinging slurs of any kind.

For those reading this who might not understand why some people might want an LGBT (-friendly) guild, my wife and I are good examples. We live in Russia and have gay friends. We see and deal with the abuse that gay people are subjected to by other people daily. We come to SWTOR and ESO to relax and get away from real-world problems. We want to get away from the superstitious, uncivilized cretins who throw around words like "gay" , "******", "pedo", etc. any time they feel someone is not playing in a way in which they approve. We get enough of that (not to mention the threats and violence) in the real world.

So when I come to a game, I have zero tolerance for uncivilized behaviour. Thus I join guilds which have similar stances so that I don't find myself in the unfortunate situation of /ignoring a guild-mate. Once someone wins their way onto my /ignore list, they're there for the life of the game. Even if we find ourselves in a raid together. I've found that the best way to go is to simply start a game in an LGBT(-friendly) guild and since the days of Anarchy Online this has served me well.

Are you guys that insecure about your sexuality that you still get offended when people simply do not see eye-to-eye with your views?

Being gay is not for the weak! Be strong stop letting these issues effect you, and most importantly do not let silly slurs define you.

PS I am a homosexual gamer and proud of it. If you are fine with yourself a few slurs should not have any negative effect on you as a person or should they be the bases in which you judge another person.

In short stop supporting the stereotypes by acting like little *****es / drama queens!

Good day.

Are you guys that insecure about your sexuality that you still get offended when people simply do not see eye-to-eye with your views?

Being gay is not for the weak! Be strong stop letting these issues effect you, and most importantly do not let silly slurs define you.

PS I am a homosexual gamer and proud of it. If you are fine with yourself a few slurs should not have any negative effect on you as a person or should they be the bases in which you judge another person.

In short stop supporting the stereotypes by acting like little *****es / drama queens!

Good day.

Given the context of this thread, and what you've just said in your post.... your name is downright hilarious.

*facepalms* The OP wasn't asking for an LGBT guild, just fellow LGBT players. There's no shame in asking to play alongside people you feel more comfortable being around. Yeah, it shouldn't matter, but with how often homophibic/transphobic slurs get thrown around in MMO general chats it's no wonder someone would want to avoid random players and ask to play with people in a similar walk of life.

So stop overreacting and let people play the game the way they want, as long as they're not hacking or cheating.

Good day.

If only all gays were like this....