Campaign Armoring Set Bonus?

KostonxEld

I have read all of the info regarding the set bonuses changing and all that on this site and dulfy and anywhere else I could find, I am just so confused by how this is being handled. I bought the Campaign Armorings from the BH/Campaign vendor on fleet and placed them into Orange Moddable gear, giving these Orange pieces the Set Bonus.

Now with 2.0 and all the tionese/columi/rakata sets changing, will my orange armor still have the set bonus? This is the only question I have had and can't find an answer. Thanks all!!

I have read everything from 'the set bonus is tied to the Armoring now' to 'the set bonus is on the shell until you remove the Armoring, and once removed the bonus will transfer to the Armoring'.

The latter is what scared me, cuz if I needed to I would put in 61 or 63 armorings into my old rakata shells and just rip those out for the set bonus after 2.0. Really hope my gear doesn't change tho!!

I have read everything from 'the set bonus is tied to the Armoring now' to 'the set bonus is on the shell until you remove the Armoring, and once removed the bonus will transfer to the Armoring'.

The latter is what scared me, cuz if I needed to I would put in 61 or 63 armorings into my old rakata shells and just rip those out for the set bonus after 2.0. Really hope my gear doesn't change tho!!

It's my understanding that everything will remain the same as it is now except in the case of existing Tio/Columi/Rakata gear. Currently those gear sets get their set bonus features from the shell and not the armoring. If you move that armoring to an orange currently you don't get the set bonus.

The only change is that post 2.0 removing the armoring from a tionese/columi/rakata shell will transfer that set bonus to the armoring so that the lower level armoring act the same way as the Campaign & Dreadguard do now. All future armor pieces will carry the set bonus in the armorings instead of shells like Campaign and Dreadguard do now.

You should not have to worry about your campaign armorings in your orange gear. The only change will be that ppl currently wearing Tionese/Columi/Rakata gear will be able to move those mods to custom gear and retain their set bonuses, which is something they can't do currently.

Edited by Jilisipone

To MY knowledge, set bonus will be available only on 55 level gear. BH/Campaign will not have it so it will not matter to you since you will have BH drops on HMFP...

First one that will have it will be Arkanian – Rating 162 dropped from level 55 operations.

From PTS notes, so this could change....

All set bonuses are now stored exclusively on Armoring mods instead of equipment shells. Players will now be able to transfer set bonuses shells between equipment shells by simply moving the Armoring mod. The rules are as follows:

Set bonuses can be extracted from a shell by removing the Armoring mod.

While Armoring mods are not applied to any items, they retain their extracted set bonus. The bonus is tied to the type of gear the mod was extracted from (Chest, Legs, Head, etc).

When Armoring mods with a set bonus are placed in another item of the same type (Chest, Legs, Head, etc), the set bonus will then be transferred from the mod to the piece of armor.

Modified gear with a set bonus applied will receive a notification when attempting to overwrite the Armoring mod with another Armoring mod with a set bonus. If confirmed, the new mod’s set bonus will overwrite the original set bonus.

Some Level 55 Set Bonuses have been updated from their Level 50 counterparts. All Level 55 Set Bonuses are now listed without their "Rakata" or "Battlemaster" prefix.

This still leaves my question a bit unanswered, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. The Jedi Sage PVE set bonus is a MUST and I would hate to lose it while leveling.

To MY knowledge, set bonus will be available only on 55 level gear. BH/Campaign will not have it so it will not matter to you since you will have BH drops on HMFP...

First one that will have it will be Arkanian – Rating 162 dropped from level 55 operations.

Where did you get that information? That is completely ridiculous. All current level 50 will retain their bonuses, stats and everything, level 55 set will have new set bonuses. I played on PTS and I still had my Trooper in Columi gear with bonus.

I think I have read it on Dulfy.

And also there is absolutely no logic for level 50 to have set bonus, as its no longer end game gear. Equivalent would be to have set bonus on level 45 gear now, which really doesnt make any sense. In any case we will wait and see.

And also there is absolutely no logic for level 50 to have set bonus, as its no longer end game gear. Equivalent would be to have set bonus on level 45 gear now, which really doesnt make any sense. In any case we will wait and see.

On the PTS all level 50 gear kept the set bonus.

heh, they're not going to nerf your old gear that you worked hard to collect and then tell you to slog it out to the new level cap.

Campaign armoring bonuses will stay on the armoring mod*. It's up to you to decide whether to replace your mods with higher grade ones on your way to lvl 55 or whether you prefer to hang on to the set bonuses and be a little more squishy. I seem to recall reading on these forums somewhere that L61 mods should be viable to use through most of Makeb's leveling content.

When you hit 55 you'll want to start working on the new end game mods with set bonuses again.

*BUT: Once 2.0 hits, you won't be able to get L61 armoring with set bonuses on them anymore (at least not as far as I understand it). Here's the info from Dulfy: "Campaign/Black Hole – Rating 146 with L61 mods. Black Hole pieces do not have set bonus. (Level 50 starter gear purchased with Classic Commendations)"

Edited by ArenRakescar

Any armoring that currently have set bonuses are keeping them. The big change is that if you have a Tionese, Columi, or Rakata set that currently has the set bonus on the shell it will be transferred to armoring IF you have armorings in the armoring slot. If the shell is empty in your storage or whatever then the set bonus just goes away.

SO...

If you want to use one of those sets then instead of buying campaign armorings which are level 61's, you can buy or have level 63's (which are the armoring 27's) crafted and put them into the Tionese, Columi, or Rakata. Those armorings currently DO NOT have set bonuses. But if you put them into that gear prior to 2.0, when the patch goes live it will transfer the set bonus from the shell to those 27's. Which is a pretty easy way to get dread guard level armoring with set bonuses.

To my knowledge, the set bonus should remain confined to the armoring mod, so yes, your orange gear should retain its bonus as long as you keep that Campaign armoring slotted in

On the PTS I lost all my set bonuses from purchased campaign armorings, might differ on live though.

Except that level 50 gear is end game gear for those who don't buy RotHC. Every MMO I have played that introduced a level increase did not remove any set bonuses on the prior end game gear.

There is absolutely no logic that only end game gear should have set bonuses.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

• Dev Post
To my knowledge, the set bonus should remain confined to the armoring mod, so yes, your orange gear should retain its bonus as long as you keep that Campaign armoring slotted in

To help set minds at ease Aries_cz is correct! The set bonus remains attached to the armoring mod so as long as you keep the Campaign armoring in your armor, you will receive the set bonus.

-eric

To help set minds at ease Aries_cz is correct! The set bonus remains attached to the armoring mod so as long as you keep the Campaign armoring in your armor, you will receive the set bonus.

-eric

I have a question that a guildie posed and i really didnt know what to answer him

If you have a tionese set with any armoring mod on it, once 2.0 hits our servers, if you remove the armoring mod it will now carry the set bonus correct?

What's stopping people from putting a level 10 armoring mod on a tionese set and once 2.0 hits, give that armoring mod to a level 10 alt and pvp with a set bonus? is there a 50 or higher only restriction?

Edited by StJon

-eric

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated :)

I have a question that a guildie posed and i really didnt know what to answer him

If you have a tionese set with any armoring mod on it, once 2.0 hits our servers, if you remove the armoring mod it will now carry the set bonus correct?

What's stopping people from putting a level 10 armoring mod on a tionese set and once 2.0 hits, give that armoring mod to a level 10 alt and pvp with a set bonus? is there a 50 or higher only restriction?

Nothing is happening with the Tios besides them being removed. The armor mod will NOT gain a set bonus after 2.0

Any armoring that currently have set bonuses are keeping them. The big change is that if you have a Tionese, Columi, or Rakata set that currently has the set bonus on the shell it will be transferred to armoring IF you have armorings in the armoring slot. If the shell is empty in your storage or whatever then the set bonus just goes away.

SO...

If you want to use one of those sets then instead of buying campaign armorings which are level 61's, you can buy or have level 63's (which are the armoring 27's) crafted and put them into the Tionese, Columi, or Rakata. Those armorings currently DO NOT have set bonuses. But if you put them into that gear prior to 2.0, when the patch goes live it will transfer the set bonus from the shell to those 27's. Which is a pretty easy way to get dread guard level armoring with set bonuses.

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm a little concerned about my Tionese helmet with Black Hole armoring -- the BH armoring obviously doesn't have any set bonus right now, but will it gain one?

Or perhaps more to the point, will the helmet still have the set bonus? Since I like the helmet, it doesn't matter to me which element the bonus would stay on, as long as it's there. :p

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm a little concerned about my Tionese helmet with Black Hole armoring -- the BH armoring obviously doesn't have any set bonus right now, but will it gain one?

Or perhaps more to the point, will the helmet still have the set bonus? Since I like the helmet, it doesn't matter to me which element the bonus would stay on, as long as it's there. :p

My TESTING resulted a couple items. EMPTY shell (Rak/Col/Tion) had the missing armor ADDED back into them AND that armor was SLOT STAMPED as well the shell had the bonus removed.

Placing a 63 Armor into any of those MOVED the Set bonus and slot imprint as well to the 63 Armor. IE: If it was in a HEAD PIECE then you can only insert in another head piece later (Even if it was a generic armor originally).

Finally, if you try to insert a higher armor on TOP of an armor in that set bonus gear (Rak/Col/Tion) then it not only kills the ARMOR in the gear but the set bonus as well. (SO you can't go insert higher Makeb Armor later to pull set bonus).

Nothing is happening with the Tios besides them being removed. The armor mod will NOT gain a set bonus after 2.0

Interesting this happened. I didn't have anything like that happen, but I'd be interested to know if those armorings do this. I've got like 3 War Leader ones pulled and waiting for a home, but not if they LOSE the bonus.

That is an excellent question! I didn't even think to try that. I'd have to look but I think two problems might happen with that. First I agree might be some sort of level 50 error prevents him from using the set bonus gear OR the fact they might have a script that checks <50 armor then no set bonus = instant kill set bonus on shell. Second would be some of the higher functional skills wouldn't be available anyways for several levels. Sage/Sorc 4-pc set might be nice to get the both extra Force and lower CD's, but it wouldn't really matter much for some of the set bonuses until way later near end game. Slight edge in lowbie PVP, but might not be worth the effort.

Edited by dscount