Luke, worst Jedi in history?

sithlordcip

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and if you read the books he ends up being a very powerful swordsmen, plus he did beat Vader who was the only one who came close to beating Yoda who was supposed to be the best swordsmen in the universe.

Vader never fought Yoda..? And Yoda wasn't the best swordsmen in the universe.

IMO Mace Windu was the best sWORDSMEN there was Pre-ABY.

Just taking the movie aspect out of it, events of ROTJ takes place 23 years after the fight on Mustafar. Vader has been a practicing Sith all that time. Prior to that he was training as a Jedi from the age of 8 or 10.

The events of ROTJ takes place 1 year after Empire (although the novelization gives the time period as six months), so that is how long Luke has been studying, on his own, since leaving Yoda to save Han.

So, cut the kid some slack eh?

Edited by HadLone

Anikin did fight yoda, Obi wan talks about it in AOTC, Anikin though he beat yoda and obi wan told him "only in your mind young one" And yoda was said to be the best swordsmen in the universe, and Mace was prolly a close 2nd.

Just taking the movie aspect out of it, events of ROTJ takes place 23 years after the fight on Mustafar. Vader has been a practicing Sith all that time. Prior to that he was training as a Jedi from the age of 8 or 10.

The events of ROTJ takes place 1 year after Empire (although the novelization gives the time period as six months), so that is how long Luke has been studying, on his own, since leaving Yoda to save Han.

So, cut the kid some slack eh?

Well his training started in ANH, continued into ESB and was finished in ROTJ so thats 4 years total of training.

Well his training started in ANH, continued into ESB and was finished in ROTJ so thats 4 years total of training.

I suppose you could count that, although the only training Luke had with Obi-Wan was on the Falcon between Tatooine and Alderaan. It still doesn't compare to the amount of training Vader had. That definitely invalidates the subject line to me.

Anikin did fight yoda, Obi wan talks about it in AOTC, Anikin though he beat yoda and obi wan told him "only in your mind young one" And yoda was said to be the best swordsmen in the universe, and Mace was prolly a close 2nd.

He said he was a better swordsmen, but he never spars with Yoda.

And Yoda is not the best swordsmen in the universe, where did you get that?

His training under Obi-Wan only goes as far as that initial lesson on the Falcon. He then has 3 years is it where he's training on his own. Logically, he can't have been on Degobah for that long when he leaves.

However long he gets with Yoda and then another 6months to a year on his own.

That's actually always been my biggest issue with the original trilogy. Luke seems to advance way to fast and with limited training. With zero lightsabre to lightsabre training he manages to hold his own against Vader and then a year later, defeat him.

Lightsaber skill:

Yoda = Sidious

Obi Wan > Vader > Luke

methinks

I'm pretty sure Vader was > Obi-Wan, but he loses because of his arrogance. That and Obi's defensive style allowed him to prolong the fight when Anakin had the upper hand several times.

Rotj Luke would be beaten by any incarnation of Anakin Skywalker, against Vader he stands no chance, Vader never fought Luke full on, if he did, he'd have been dead on Cloud City, the whole point of that duel was to bait him and turn him.

Grand Master Luke would easily defeat anyone else in the EU (But Abeloth).

Oh and Anakin Skywalker was never as skilled as Yoda in duelling, that quote "If you spent as much time on your training as you do on piloting, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman." was a joke.

I'm pretty sure Vader was > Obi-Wan, but he loses because of his arrogance. That and Obi's defensive style allowed him to prolong the fight when Anakin had the upper hand several times.

And i'm pretty sure Obi-Wan > Vader.

All aspects. lightsaber skill, force power.

And Luck become more powerfull than both, after Troj

Lightsaber skill: Mace windu > Sidious = Yoda.

Forcepower: Sidious = Yoda > Mace windu

Edited by Elissan

And i'm pretty sure Obi-Wan > Vader.

All aspects. lightsaber skill, force power.

From all the sources we have it seems that Vader really was dominating the duel:

The RotS novel states they were equal blade to blade, countering each others moves, but when you think about it, this is only true to an extent, Vader knows Obi-Wan's Soresu like it was his own style, the same was true for Obi-Wan where Anakin's Djem-So was concerned but not Vader's far more aggressive version of it.

So there is one advantage.

If we take Nick Gillard's comments as meaning anything than before Anakin's becoming Vader then Anakin was a 7 and Obi-wan an 8, but when Anakin became Vader, the Dark Side gave him the edge in power, becoming a 9, but as we know that came with consequences, in that he hadn't fully mastered and honed his new power and it made him over-confident.

In my opinion, due to this, Vader was dominating the duel and Obi-Wan barely survived in thanks to his un-matched proficiency with Soresu.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Judging by his lightsaber skills?

In Return of the Jedi, when he fights Vader on the death star he moves so slow and he sucks dueling.

He cant be compared to Vader on Mustafar when Vader fought Obi Wan

/discuss

i totally agree in the movies he sucked at fighting especially in ROTJ but i heard in the books he becomes really strong

The fights were so simple because of the time the movies were made....obviously. I actually prefer them to the ballet in the prequels. Also the original fights had meaning to each one more than just some fight to the death.

Lets not forget that Luke got thought the basics before having to train himself. Its not the same as having a healthy teacher, strong in the force or not.

Edited by BladeStrike

He said he was a better swordsmen, but he never spars with Yoda.

And Yoda is not the best swordsmen in the universe, where did you get that?

HAve you ever watch ep.2 attack of the clones?

Just wondering, its prolly in the first half an hour when there chasing the bounty hunter.

Obi says to Anikin if you speant half as much time on your sword as you did you wit you would rival master yoda as a swordsmen, anikin reply I thought I already did that. Obi wan then says only in your mind my young aprentice.

As for what I read where it said Yoda was the best swordsmen I can not recall, but if you also watch the movies its pretty easy to see since he destroys everyone he encounters with a lightsaber.

HAve you ever watch ep.2 attack of the clones?

Just wondering, its prolly in the first half an hour when there chasing the bounty hunter.

Obi says to Anikin if you speant half as much time on your sword as you did you wit you would rival master yoda as a swordsmen, anikin reply I thought I already did that. Obi wan then says only in your mind my young aprentice.

As for what I read where it said Yoda was the best swordsmen I can not recall, but if you also watch the movies its pretty easy to see since he destroys everyone he encounters with a lightsaber.

That quote was a painfully obvious joke from Obi-Wan.