Server Forums?

rockslider

They will be adding server forums - sort of.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=173672

Servers will be divided by type (e.g. PvE-RP, PvP), then thrown into groups organized by alphabetical order. Since each forum will contain multiple servers, players are expected to preface their posts with a [server Name] tag.

Not quite what most of us were hoping for, but it's a start - and the devs have said they're open to revisiting the issue as necessary due to high post counts or difficulty of use.

Servers will be divided by type (e.g. PvE-RP, PvP), then thrown into groups organized by alphabetical order. Since each forum will contain multiple servers, players are expected to preface their posts with a [server Name] tag.

Not quite what most of us were hoping for, but it's a start - and the devs have said they're open to revisiting the issue as necessary due to high post counts or difficulty of use.

wow. That is a start.

I now have hope for the future.

:cool:

It is rather frustrating really. Kind of a "we know what you want but we know what you really need" situation. thousands of requests for server forums and closest we get is they are "grouping" them together. We have "A", everyone is requesting "B" so you give us "C" and say "there ya go isn't that all better?"

This is solely my opinion of course but in their attempt to make us a larger interactive and close knit community they are actually causing the opposite. If I have characters in Keller's Void I'm really not that curious as to what is going on in another server. And if I am it's a simple click on their forum to see. As it is I must struggle through hundreds of posts and try to figure out what applies to my server since some posts don't list where they are unless you read it all. So, I leave the forums frustrated and unable to find information. That does not leave me with a sense of community. I then go to the game and am left with the option of running about and shouting "Looking for guild". I cannot research guilds and determine which is best fit for me leaving me to blindly join possibly missing the perfect fit as no one responded to my shout.

I was in an mmo that you clicked one button in game and it showed every guild. You then could click and get short description written by the guild leader and the officers who were currently online would be highlighted. How nice is that?

We all know that so many posts are just trolls and I want to come in, look up information and then get back to the game staying clear of the people who have nothing better to do but flame and carry on. Come on, just give us our forums.

I was in an mmo that you clicked one button in game and it showed every guild. You then could click and get short description written by the guild leader and the officers who were currently online would be highlighted. How nice is that?

Was that game EVE? I loved how they did the corp (guild) info and made it available to players. You could even see the "hours of operation" for the guild and what their focus was.

It would be interesting to see something like that in SWTOR, even if it was done by going to a special console on the fleet (near where you set up a guild would be fine).

Edited by Lavath

Only on fan sites will you find them.

Only on the website in my sig will you find the most active ones ;)

Agreed. There's a nice 'community' atmosphere going on, with a few new people joining everyday. A lot of tools for guilds to use in recruiting (such as the guild groups recently implemented), a real time chat box to get to know people looking to chat, and off-topic/general forums that aren't server specific.

Come on by and check it out. I think you'll like what you see.

Why do that have to do everything halfway. Just give us individual realm forums. It cannot be that difficult. This is just standard off-the-shelf forum software and making a new sub-forum is just some mouse clicks.

Why do that have to do everything halfway. Just give us individual realm forums. It cannot be that difficult. This is just standard off-the-shelf forum software and making a new sub-forum is just some mouse clicks.

I think they're trolling their customers. Only reasonable explanation I can think of.

Here is a list of Unofficial Servers

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=33477

I recommend starting there. Many community websites dedicated to one specific server are often the most active and the most friendly. If your server has one that is a great place to start.

Agreed, everyone should go look at that thread and see if their server has it's own community site first. Those sites are going to have the most useful information pertaining to you as they are specific to your server.