Didnt do normal mode,no hard mode for u son

I think this is stupid,just today 1 guy from my group wasnt able to do hm fp cause he didnt do it on normal mode.

wasnt much of a problem doing it on normal mode,but still,dont think its neccesary...

The only flashpoint I've run across where normal was required was Battle of Ilum. I haven't done a single regular flashpoint other than that one only because we didn't have the option for hardmode until afterwards.

I never did a normal FP.... hit 50 and did hard mode, cleared most of them... you don't have to do normal mode.

then its maybe just for boarding pary?

thats the fp we were doing and the guy really couldnt do it cause he didnt do normal one before.

after we completed the normal mode,only then was he able to do hard

The only flashpoint I've run across where normal was required was Battle of Ilum. I haven't done a single regular flashpoint other than that one only because we didn't have the option for hardmode until afterwards.

Normal Battle of Ilum is not required to do it in HM.

I agree with the OP, it's pretty stupid. If you were in the first batch to 50, you might not have done Jedi Prisoner (Taral V, Maelstrom Prison) or the quest for Directive 7. It's very annoying to find a really good PUG group only to disband because some have not done the quests on normal.

then its maybe just for boarding pary?

thats the fp we were doing and the guy really couldnt do it cause he didnt do normal one before.

after we completed the normal mode,only then was he able to do hard

I did boarding party HM today, and I never did the normal version... so either you're wrong or that guy was bugged

• 3 weeks later...
The only normal mode flashpoints I've done are BT and D7. You can enter ANY Hard Mode flashpoint without completing the normal simply by progressing the quest leading into the flashpoint until you have two quests: [GROUP] xxxxxx and whatever the other quest is (Call to Arms: xxxx or whatever else). Drop the one labeled [GROUP] and you'll be able to pick up the Hard Mode quest from an NPC just outside the flashpoint.

1) If you haven't done the quest before you might have to go through the normal "FP start quest", this will give you the Normal Mode quest.

2) After getting the normal mode quest, abandon it, take HM quest from the NPC outside of the instance.

This does not always work. No matter how many times I dropped my Battle for Ilum quest, I could not pick up the hardmode from the droid. I had to complete it on Normal Mode to finally unlock Hardmode.

This does not always work. No matter how many times I dropped my Battle for Ilum quest, I could not pick up the hardmode from the droid. I had to complete it on Normal Mode to finally unlock Hardmode.

Did you try picking it up directly from the guy in front of the Illum entrance with no quest? I dono, I never did anything above Foundry in Normal mode and never had an issue getting into any instances.

Edited by chillinvillain