Re-rolling another Agent

KcirSirrah

So I did the agent story as my first character ever in this game. Went through the whole story as an operative healer and liked it very. I ended up

becoming the hand of Jadus, killing millions in the galaxy, and screwing over Imperial Intelligence.

This time with my agent I rolled out a Chiss Marksman Sniper. Anyone out there think the story could be different based solely on the class. When I first rolled my agent I was human, but I figured since I am trying to unlock characters a chiss might be good. I also think that with having my guy be a chiss the conversations and encounters with Temple might be a little different and more in my favor.

Yes and no. Mostly no. You will get a few different conversation options as Chiss. IA Chiss are actually the only class/species combo that gets some specific dialogue and are referred to specifically by your species. You'll have talk to other Chiss differently, but it won't affect your affection with your companions in any way (other than then recognizing what you are, and making a comment about it). Also aliens seem to have a very different relationship with Watcher 2 than humans. Edited by chuixupu

Well, here is something for you to keep in mind for next time. Hold back on starting a relationship with Kaliyo until after chapter 1 is over or else Watcher 2 will reject you at that point.

I've never played a human, but from what I've seen in youtube and from other people's comments here you can get a lot more of an open and continuous relationship with Watcher 2 if you're human than if you're alien. If you're alien you only get one scene at the end of chapter 1 where she kinds of pulls you into a dark corner and invites you to her place...but I've seen that humans get a nice big kiss from her as early on as the scene after you know who's ship gets blown up. Also they seem to get more dialogue later on as well.

Edited by chuixupu

If you haven't actually got to the romance phase of her affection, you can just hold off on talking to her and still continue to build affection. That way you don't have to worry about missing or turning down flirt options.

And Watcher 2 is speciesist, confirmed by the IA's writer "Well... she is pretty racist. (Species-ist?) It's her upbringing! I was pleased with how her romance turned out, though."

Hahaha. I had no idea until I saw a video of a human romancing her and I was like....WHAT....why is she being all warm and friendly and not trying to tell me we're "not compatible". :p

Well, I don't know if it's specific to Chiss, but the entire bit with the Healer/Mystic on Voss does take into account your Chiss-ness when she begins to question you. It may also play similar for other alien races and while I've also just rolled another Agent (reverse from you: first was sniper, this will be an operative) and she's a Miraluka, she's all of level 1 so I have no idea how that scene plays for her. But it does seem to let you allow for your Agent feeling discriminated against because of their race. I thought it was pretty neat.

In a more RP sense, the racism compounded with previous acts' events had brought my Agent to a point of feeling utterly expendable and unimportant. I thought Voss allowed both of those to be addressed to some degree.