Trooper story on Tatooine

JLazarillo

So for the most part, I've enjoyed the different stories in this game so far. But the last trooper mission on Tatooine, Evacuation, really, really bugged me.

I find Fuse, and he's stuck in jail. No problem, just go after the enemy commander then come back for him, except, whoops, self-destruct is activated. Now there's no time. I can either shut down the self-destruct and save Fuse, or I can go after the enemy and retrieve the bomb specs. I'll never make it in time to do both. I may be Havoc Squad, after all, but I'm still only one man!

Oh, wait. I'm not. I've got Sergeant Jorgan standing RIGHT OVER MY FREAKIN' SHOULDER. The base, as the mission's title suggests, is effectively empty at this point. It should be no trouble at all to tell him "Hey, bud, go take out the self-destruct. I'mma catch me some Imperials!" And that's assuming, even, that story can't work like gameplay and I can't just beam down three droids and a medic from my ship as well.

Like I said, I've enjoyed the stories in the game so far. Done five to completion, and thought they were darned good from start to finish. But this one just really bugged me. It's clear they were trying to go for drama, and even hammered it home with the whole "reinforcements show up 10 seconds too late, oh no" aspect, like every bad drama display they could have tossed at me. And it's fine to an extent when such plot points are used well. But this whole "choice" shouldn't have had to happen from the beginning.

Okay, rant mode off. But someone, please, tell me I'm not the only one who found that mission really annoying. Or give me some sort of justification for why it had to play out that way, because as it is, I don't see it.

I think a big problem with Havoc Squad in this game is the fact that you can only have 1 companion at a time. It sort of defeats the purpose of having a squad, doesn't it?

It is, unfortunately, what leads to silly things like this in the Trooper story (And Agent one, for that matter, where you also have a full team of fighters and work as a Special Forces unit in many later quests).

I'm just assuming that, in-universe, the leader of Havoc can't take out the entire Imperial command squad solo (even if, as a Vanguard, that's very easy for me) while Jorgan goes to hit the self-destruct... which just makes me wonder why M1-4X isn't down here so he can blow through the Imperial squad with me while Jorgan and Elara go for the self-destruct together.

Bah.

Edited by HellbirdIV

I think a big problem with Havoc Squad in this game is the fact that you can only have 1 companion at a time. It sort of defeats the purpose of having a squad, doesn't it?

It is, unfortunately, what leads to silly things like this in the Trooper story (And Agent one, for that matter, where you also have a full team of fighters and work as a Special Forces unit in many later quests).

I'm just assuming that, in-universe, the leader of Havoc can't take out the entire Imperial command squad solo (even if, as a Vanguard, that's very easy for me) while Jorgan goes to hit the self-destruct... which just makes me wonder why M1-4X isn't down here so he can blow through the Imperial squad with me while Jorgan and Elara go for the self-destruct together.

Bah.

Not the only time this is going to happen to you as a Trooper I am afraid

This has been an issue with Biowears companion system since Kotor, everyone else is apparently incapable of doing anything without you, the only time in the Knights story you send them all off to cause distractions for you and even then you have to go save one of them (or not, you get one of thoses LS/DS choices that means nothing, and it does mean nothing they survive no matter what).

They really need to make it seem like the companions not with you are doing somthing other than sitting around the ship when you are getting shot at, blown up, electracuted, stabbed and other unplesent things.