Depths of Manaan - Possible workaround

Vhaegrant

Following previous suggestions that the fire on the end boss may be claiming the kill rather than the character I ran Depths of Manaan in [solo] again.

To be ultra sure I unsummoned the GSI droid (just right click on the buff icon) and when the Boss got to about 10% health I hade sure they were not near the fire AOE.

Boss died, Depths of Manaan completion registered.

Would be interesting to see if that works for others with this issue :)

Update:

Just finished this on Hardmode, told the tank to move him away from the fire at 5%. He listened and the achievement ticked off and <Dark vs. Light: Flashpoint Master> (All Hardmode Flashpoints) ticked off and completed.

Sorry for the delay on the update, I work odd hours and only just got the time to jump in and find a group for it.

Seems to work for some and not for others.

It may not even be the reason it works, if it's just random chance you may get lucky when you use the workaround. Unfortunately as this means you've ticked the box on the achievement there's no way of knowing for sure, it just has that feeling of being right ;)

At least it can be completed in [solo] mode ;)

Seems to work for some and not for others.

It may not even be the reason it works, if it's just random chance you may get lucky when you use the workaround. Unfortunately as this means you've ticked the box on the achievement there's no way of knowing for sure, it just has that feeling of being right ;)

At least it can be completed in [solo] mode ;)

Yeah, solo is the only way to go for the for the SoR prelude of events. HM on the other hand you're forced to group up and this next to blood hunt is one of the harder flashpoints to find players with the skill to do it. It's a shame you have to fight through players who don't listen, rage quit easily after one try among bugs on the list. Anyway i'm glad I have it completed finally after 3 tries. Just gotta get those 6 50s and a couple crew skills, bounty contract event and rakghoul event and im done completely.

All I can say is at least we put a method that is worth a try out there that has worked for me and others.

Following previous suggestions that the fire on the end boss may be claiming the kill rather than the character I ran Depths of Manaan in [solo] again.

To be ultra sure I unsummoned the GSI droid (just right click on the buff icon) and when the Boss got to about 10% health I hade sure they were not near the fire AOE.

Boss died, Depths of Manaan completion registered.

Would be interesting to see if that works for others with this issue :)

did all that. twice back to back with a gunslinger. nothing, didnt work

did all that. twice back to back with a gunslinger. nothing, didnt work

That's why it's a possible workaround not a certain workaround ;)

It's possible there is more than one underlying issue and what works for some isn't going to work for everyone.