Loot in EV is being Auto Assigned to players

Tonight our guild cleared Normal EV. Each boss, even with master looter and trying free for all, the loot was being auto assigned to players.

For example:

We kill a boss, 3 items drop, each into on the boss already has a name attached to it and does not allow the item to be rolled on or to be given to another player. The item then is auto distributed to the player without any roll or choice.

This needs to be fixed ASAP! Tanking gear is going to DPS players, DPS loot is going to healers, DPS loot is going to tanks....

It's all sorts of EFFED up!!!

Not working as intended, the boss has 4 items on him and each is already pre-assigned to 4 players reguardless of specific class. There is no master loot, no free for all, it is NOT working as intended and if it is, it needs to be changed ASAP!

Why would you be ok with tanking bracers going to a DPS assassin?

Or a healing sorc getting tanking chest...

Both of these happened tonight in EV.

NOT WORKING AS INTENDED. Loot needs to be distributed by the master looter or by rolls.

as much as i dislike this (i only got 1 useful item from an EV run, where as my friends got 3+ pieces), i do like the basic idea, just wish i could trade items i loot to other people in the raid.

from what i can tell loot is always, 2 crafting items, 1 schematic and 4-6 people get random piece of loot.

as much as i dislike this (i only got 1 useful item from an EV run, where as my friends got 3+ pieces), i do like the basic idea, just wish i could trade items i loot to other people in the raid.

from what i can tell loot is always, 2 crafting items, 1 schematic and 4-6 people get random piece of loot.

A random piece of class loot that may be tanking when they are healer....or dps when they are tanking...

It needs to be changed FAST before hardcore raiding guilds leave this game. It cannot be done this way. No dkp, no raid distribution, buggy chests, no options to override this system and choose master loot.

HORRIBLE loot system for any raiding guild.

Working as intended. The gear is very very easy to get through hardmodes so stressing on this gear is not necessary. Crap half your raid gets stuff each boss kill.

If you are working gearing your raid for hard modes you do not want non-specific loot going to people that cannot even use them. This may work for the casual guilds, but it does not work for guilds working on content.

Going to just skip normal EV and go to hard modes, if this is the way they are going to keep it.

If you are working gearing your raid for hard modes you do not want non-specific loot going to people that cannot even use them. This may work for the casual guilds, but it does not work for guilds working on content.

Going to just skip normal EV and go to hard modes, if this is the way they are going to keep it.

I'm not in a casual guild by anymeans. Gearing for hard mode ops is easy. Do HM flash points on hard mode for the same gear as regular ops.

Makes sense to me, want to gear up? Play this operation repeatedly until we get the next one ready.

Play this operation and watch gear that is itemized for a tank go to a healer, or a dps gear to go a tank...

That will keep you coming back!

z0mg change it change it or the wow raiders will leave!!!!@@eleven.

pfft.

Yeah, I actually think that "Wow in space" wants to keep the wow raiders. ;)

Btw, the 2 things I detest most in mmos:

1. lag (check!)

2. daily quest grinding for tokens (check!)

Ah well, at least the game is better looking than WoW...and with the 2-3 fps you get in pvp you really get a chance to enjoy the scenery.

• 2 years later...

I think what he asks for is to reward everyone equally. If boots drop from the boss, everyone gets boots.

If this is the case then the reason behind it is to slow down the process of players gearing up. Not that it can not be handled by a group taking a player through the operation with only purpose to gear that one player up. Another element of this is a lockout stopping you from running a single operation over and over until you have complete gear.

It really does not matter how other games handle it. There are many reasons for not doing things the way other people do them, but that is another story.

Edited by ELRunninW