Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A free 500 coins, in addition to my monthly stipend? I'll take it. I already spend around $200 a month on CCs, it is nice to get some for free. Thanks BW/EA! Can't wait to see what the surprise is later on.

wow, $200 a month on coins....you must have won the game a long time ago. i bet people are mad that you bought your way to victory. me? i don't care. but some people are upset that you won with real world cash. you best be careful out there.

It may be a game but i'm giving them money, also i'm a customer.

So, would you allow yourself to be this worked up over a poor pair of shoes? Or a lousy restaurant? Or a boring amusement park?

Seriously. Most people don't continue to make complaints and argue and get worked up over something they dislike. They move on.

This game is meant for entertainment. If you aren't getting entertainment worth your money, feel free to stop spending the money. If you are, there is no need to create a new thread every day complaining about the same thing. You also have to realize that you will never be catered to. You are one customer -- you don't actually matter to them. Or any business.

If enough people agree with the way you feel, the evidence will appear not only in the form of a handful of people in the forums (considering the low percentage of players that are generally active on the forums) but also in lapsing subscriptions, lack of new players, angry letters and emails, etc.

If most people are happy with the current position of the game, you have to accept that. You don't have to agree -- but continuing to make the same complaints and expecting anything to be different is the definition of insanity.

Ill say thank you when they live up to their promise to deliver new warzones and pvp content on a regular basis.

Again, all other MMO's i've played have been able to dish out desirable items as tokens of gratitude - i simply find giving someone a giftcard (That isn't enough to be the more exclusive stuff) in your own shop, is both lazy and lame. And hey, Im a customer! I dont have to say thanks - i paid for this "gift". It's not like im their....wife...or anything lol...

But hey, if you like it - good for you! I will not be bashing you for liking it....how about you dont lash out at me for disagreeing? ;)

They have given items in the past. People QQ about those, too. I just find it amazing that (some) people make such a fuss over something that is supposed to be fun and above and beyond the norm.

And to anyone (not necessarily this person) saying this is not a gift, we pay for it with our subscriptions... get off it. I pay my wireless company for service... do I expect them to send me a free iPhone case every few months?

Or, let's turn that around... Your employer pays you for your services. How would you react if they kept demanding that you give them a gift in return? Better yet, that gift MUST be worth more than 1/3 of your monthly salary to be worthy of even presenting to them.

Yeah, I thought so.

So, would you allow yourself to be this worked up over a poor pair of shoes? Or a lousy restaurant? Or a boring amusement park?

What terrible examples, you don't pay subscription fees for a single one of those things. Also, the complaint here is not that the game is lousy, poor, or boring. Staying on par with your examples, are you saying millions of people wouldn't have a problem if Coca Cola changed their formula tomorrow?

Edited by Inflicktion

What terrible examples, you don't pay subscription fees for a single one of those things. Also, the complaint here is not that the game is lousy, poor, or boring. Staying on par with your examples, are you saying millions of people wouldn't have a problem if Coca Cola changed their formula tomorrow?

sorry, but wouldn't it be more like Coca Cola handing out free glasses when buying a box (as they regularly do in germany) and then complaining to them, that you would rather have gotten something else?

So because some people would get inappropriately worked up over one triviality, that justifies others doing the same over a different triviality?

It may be a game but i'm giving them money, also i'm a customer.

And you seem to be a mighty dissatisfied one. I know what most people do when they are dissatisfied with a product or service.

Edited by branmakmuffin

sorry, but wouldn't it be more like Coca Cola handing out free glasses when buying a box (as they regularly do in germany) and then complaining to them, that you would rather have gotten something else?

No what you're describing is more akin to the monthly stipend.

Since this one might be too much let's go back to the amusement park. Let's say that everyone enters free. Some people pay a subscription to ride every ride while others are paying for individual rides. Well one day this amusement park comes out with a new ride, but there's a catch- if you're a subscriber you have to ride (or have ridden previously) a thousand rides before you can get in line, unless you're willing to pay extra that is. While those that don't subscribe can just buy their way right in. You don't see the problem the subscribers would have with that?

Edited by Inflicktion

Obviously they would -- and you prove my point.

Would those millions of people continue to purchase Coca Cola products? Probably not.

And, you can purchase a season-pass for most amusement parks. If one season was paid for, and you felt it wasn't worth the money -- would you continue to purchase season passes over and over again?

You have an option to not pay for something when you are significantly upset by it. This is a consumer product -- just because you don't like it, doesn't mean other people don't.

It's fascinating to me that people are comparing their relationship with a corporation to their relationships with friends and family, and have some expectation that a corporation should treat them in the same way a (good) spouse would.

Tell that to the BW guy who made that analogy and therefore, opening that line of argument.

No what you're describing is more akin to the monthly stipend.

Since this one might be too much let's go back to the amusement park. Let's say that everyone enters free. Some people pay a subscription to ride every ride while others are paying for individual rides. Well one day this amusement park comes out with a new ride, but there's a catch- if you're a subscriber you have to ride (or have ridden previously) a thousand rides before you can get in line, unless you're willing to pay extra that is. While those that don't subscribe can just buy their way right in. You don't see the problem the subscribers would have with that?

Not at all!

Because, if you are a long-term customer, you are being valued. Otherwise, you are being treated normally. But this isn't even on topic. OP is a complaint about being given something for free -- an actual gift to all subs.

So, what OP is discussing -- would be the amusement park handing out free lunch to everyone who is a "subscriber" while others have to pay for it. It is a "special" thing -- and OP is just mad that she created unrealistic expectations and they weren't met.

Not at all!

Because, if you are a long-term customer, you are being valued. Otherwise, you are being treated normally. But this isn't even on topic. OP is a complaint about being given something for free -- an actual gift to all subs.

So, what OP is discussing -- would be the amusement park handing out free lunch to everyone who is a "subscriber" while others have to pay for it. It is a "special" thing -- and OP is just mad that she created unrealistic expectations and they weren't met.

Oh, okay. So now we're going to pretend you were replying to the orignal OP after 36 pages instead of the evolved discussion. Gotcha!

Not at all!

And just to make everyone happy I'll reply even as if that were the case. Again, the free lunch situation you're describing is more akin to the monthly stipend. Instead it would be like if the amusement park sent out an announcement telling everyone to show up this weekend for something special and it only turns out to be that same free lunch you've been getting.

What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.

I liken it more to an anniversary gift.

To celebrate how faithful your wife has been to you, she expects a special gift in return for all those wonderful years of marriage.

You get her a Visa gift card. Is it thoughtful? Heck no. It's lazy. Is it still a gift? Yes, sure, but there's no reason why you should wonder why your wife is a little sad you didn't get her something thoughtful or take her out to eat on the big day.

Also, I think a lot of us expected a PERMANENT, consistent reward. If you just throw 500 CC at us every once in awhile to appease us, that's not very encouraging.

The only reason I recommend subbing to people is that it's the "best" option for having full access to the game until they stock up weekly passes. There's no... "AND" or "BUT YOU ALSO GET" that is particularly exciting to mention.

Not at all!

I'm not complaining about getting something for free...

I'm complaining about the way they "reward" me as a paying customer.

I'm not complaining about getting something for free...

I'm complaining about the way they "reward" me as a paying customer.

No, no, no, it's not a reward, it's a slap in the face.

Of course some people would regard that as a reward, from the right person, at the right time, in the right place.

I liken it more to an anniversary gift.

To celebrate how faithful your wife has been to you, she expects a special gift in return for all those wonderful years of marriage.

Since the thread is already a train wreck, I'll just go off topic again. If that's the way your relationships work, then I feel sorry for you. If your wife upholds the basic standard of human decency and expects a gift for it, then you're being played for a fool. If all she does for you on your anniversary is say "Yep, still haven't left you", then there's something seriously wrong with your marriage.

If you have to buy her love with gifts, she doesn't love you.

And just to make everyone happy I'll reply even as if that were the case. Again, the free lunch situation you're describing is more akin to the monthly stipend. Instead it would be like if the amusement park sent out an announcement telling everyone to show up this weekend for something special and it only turns out to be that same free lunch you've been getting.

Even that is wrong.

It would be like them saying to show up this weekend -- and giving you the lunch you always recieve AND a free dinner. You got something extra, did you not?

Don't like it? Well -- you can complain that it isn't good enough all you'd like. But it is awfully pathetic to complain about a free gift.