~ TOR - More Fun than a Kick in the N####? Barely ! ~

Spent about 4 hours last night on flashpoints, and another 5 today on Heroics.

Specifically, Hammer, Athiss, and Balmorra's Okara Droid Factory heroics.

Specifically, more wipes than there should be, levels over the quest level overall in group, and hours upon hours of seemingly working the rock pile in prison, just pounding OP mobs that stand there like rocks and take hit after hit after hit after hit... like hitting rocks all day.

This is nothing new from the roller coaster of mob difficulty adjustments in testing, and was supposed to have been remedied. We're now in the Live production, and we're still dealing with content that requires pounding on hallway trash that stands there for 15 minutes taking a beating, and we're supposed to be heros. 4 players vs a hallway mob or two or three.

This is not heroic gameplay, its mind-numbing grind.

Boooooo, Bioware. Boooooo. I'll never get those two days back, trying to shake off overt feelings of bad gaming...

Edited by Verdan

Hmmm troll the valid feedback that was common through testing = no brains it seems. My cat could contribute better than the usual trite replies, whoohoo, bravo. We should all have a 6-sided dice of trite replies for the lame commentary to replace the vacuum of thought provided by forums trolls.

Oh, but thanks for the bumps.

Edited by Verdan

Hmmm troll the valid feedback that was common through testing = no brains it seems. My cat could contribute the usual trite replies. We should all have a 6-sided dice for the lame commentary by forums trolls.

You confuse lack of brains with lack of caring.

This wasn't some special feedback thread. You just come off as impatient.

I definitely noticed some absurdity in Athiss. The first 2/3rds the the instance is a total joke, then all of a sudden single mobs take forever to kill and the caster ones are painful too.

Slicing through entire packs with ease transitions to 1 mob taking forever. Pretty whack.

unfortunately this is a case of pebcak. doing the quests at or slightly below level with appropriate members and number of members is not that difficult. did hammer station at level and wiped twice on the last boss healing on my dps specced operative.

Specifically, more wipes than there should be, levels over the quest level overall in group, and hours upon hours of seemingly working the rock pile in prison, just pounding OP mobs that stand there like rocks and take hit after hit after hit after hit... like hitting rocks all day.

This is nothing new from the roller coaster of mob difficulty adjustments in testing, and was supposed to have been remedied. We're now in the Live production, and we're still dealing with content that requires pounding on hallway trash that stands there for 15 minutes taking a beating, and we're supposed to be heros. 4 players vs a hallway mob or two or three.

Boooooo, Bioware. Boooooo. I'll never get those two days back, trying to shake off overt feelings of bad gaming...

I have completed everything you say is far too hard.. Maybe you should L2P etc...

Hammer, at least, is nowhere near "too hard". If anything I was wildly disappointed in it after some of my guildmates hyped up how hard it is.

Now, the Locust heroic on Taris? That was surprisingly difficult. No wipes, a couple deaths though. CC makes it easier but the pulls are harder than Hammer, which seems a bit odd. The loot is absolutely insane, though, which makes up for it I guess.

I'm eager to get into Athiss and see just how good/bad it is myself.

Edited by SpaceDrake

*sigh* It's posts like this that lead to absurdly easy instances. They are supposed to be hard. You need to use good tactics rather than just raw strength. Make sure you have every role in your group (tank, 2 dps, and a healer works well). And be sure the people in your group have reasonably good gear. Make sure your group is at a high enough level. If they are well above the level of many group members, you aren't ready. Don' skip side missions and do bonus objectives. This will ensure that you are strong enough because you will be at the appropriate level for that instance.

If it is made easier it WILL just be a mind numbing grind because you'll be knocking over bosses and mobs without needing any kind of strategy. If you need an example of this, go play some dungeons in WoW.

My group of level 18-19s completed Athiss without much issue. We wiped once on the last boss due to a bad burst of the dot+fireballs, but took him down the second time. Just make sure you're playing with educated players who know how to use their class skills (CC and the like) and it becomes much more managable. :)

You confuse lack of brains with lack of caring

No, I had it right.

Firestar was more of the same, pound on mobs, but it had a sense of flow to it.

Toxic bombs was still more pounding on elites. But now I see the formula. 2+ heroics you get 2 elites, or 2 elites plus non-elite. 4+ elites you get 3-4 elites, plus non-elites.

Pound, grind, pound, grind. Pound, pound, pound. Tank, heal, pound. Pound, pound.

Not inspired group content.

Hammer, at least, is nowhere near "too hard".

This thread wasn't about "hard". Heh, sad.

This thread is about mind-numbing grind and pounding on a single mob for 10 minutes each. I could be reading a book during combat. That's not hard, its just lame.

Edited by Verdan

Its not hard. I love the fact that the instances are small but they take time to finish. People need to use CC, dps the tank's target and kill out the adds with the least health first (usually)

Its hard for the Wotlk AoE generation to understand sadly.

It is unfortunate that the majority of the heroic missions appear to be distinctly lacking in innovation. High health high damage mobs that occasionally do something other than hit one of your characters.

I'm sure some people find this interesting. I for one find that it simply becomes a game of energy management, and not an enormously difficult one. Possibly I am unusual in that I've done all this sort of stuff before and thus already know what to do.

For those saying they should be hard - I don't think that's the issue. The issue is that they're all the same...

Oh I give up, I posted a huge thread about this during beta testing which prompted some really useful suggestions about how Bioware could mix up heroics to make them more fun and yet still be tough, but what's the point, people just want reliably more of the same...

Edited by Grammarye

Bioware, thank you for making some challenging instances and heroics. Thank you for overhearing cries about these bosses being too hard. Im not trying to imply that you should not make the game easier (sarcasm intended), but for once im so happy to actually have a challenge.

People complaining about this being too hard, go play elsewhere. Im happy to face some challenges. I've played healer and DPS before, but this time i took up the role as tank.

This is at some points insanely difficult, and i couldn't be happier about it. The fact that it really is a challenge makes the loot so much better.

I have been in instances with some, lets say, "less gifted individuals" but thats part of assembling a team, that there a chance you'll end up with a dps who thinks it's okay if he keeps attacking the boss while everyone else are trying to take down the adds.

Does the bosses last too long? well, i gues thats becaus they are BOSSES theyre supposed to be friggin hard. theyre supposed to deal tons of damage and have way too many hitpoints! i know the trend is that everything should be able to be killed with a single swing of a lightsaber, but wheres the challenge in that. I like the fact that sometimes i have to fight 20 weak mobs at a time, which is hard, and other times i have to kill one elite super mob.

Bring on the challenges! May the force be with you BioWare!

Bioware, thank you for making some challenging instances and heroics. Thank you for overhearing cries about these bosses being too hard. Im not trying to imply that you should not make the game easier (sarcasm intended), but for once im so happy to actually have a challenge.

People complaining about this being too hard, go play elsewhere. Im happy to face some challenges. I've played healer and DPS before, but this time i took up the role as tank.

This is at some points insanely difficult, and i couldn't be happier about it. The fact that it really is a challenge makes the loot so much better.

I have been in instances with some, lets say, "less gifted individuals" but thats part of assembling a team, that there a chance you'll end up with a dps who thinks it's okay if he keeps attacking the boss while everyone else are trying to take down the adds.

Does the bosses last too long? well, i gues thats becaus they are BOSSES theyre supposed to be friggin hard. theyre supposed to deal tons of damage and have way too many hitpoints! i know the trend is that everything should be able to be killed with a single swing of a lightsaber, but wheres the challenge in that. I like the fact that sometimes i have to fight 20 weak mobs at a time, which is hard, and other times i have to kill one elite super mob.

Bring on the challenges! May the force be with you BioWare!

Swing and a miss.

To those complaining about the length of time it takes to kill elites and bosses in flash points: you need more DPS.

It's really that simple. I did Hammer Station twice yesterday and both times, the trash was trivial and went down quickly. The hardest part by far was the final boss. But that was more about learning to avoid damage, pickup adds, and interrupt his abilities.

It's not unsurprising that your dps is low. It's a new game. You need time to adjust to its mechanics. In time, experienced dps will release guides for everyone else and things will get much better.

unfortunately this is a case of pebcak. doing the quests at or slightly below level with appropriate members and number of members is not that difficult. did hammer station at level and wiped twice on the last boss healing on my dps specced operative.

Heroic? OP is talking about heroic difficulty, I think.