Exclusive? Um...

xTekwarx

Try a screenshot that isn't bathed in green lighting in an obvious attempt to make them look more similar than they are (you can still tell them apart, even so).

yes, are you colourblind?

One has a yellow tint, the other has a brighter green.

You may want to get your eyes checked if you can't tell the difference in the picture you linked. You may have partial colour blindness.

If that colour difference isn't enough for you, might I suggest you ask the Developers to have the words "Razer Crystal" spin around the lightsabers tip.

Edited by illgot

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, are you colourblind?

One has a yellow tint, the other has a brighter green.

You may want to get your eyes checked if you can't tell the difference in the picture you linked.

If that colour difference isn't enough for you, might I suggest you ask the Developers to have the words "Razer Crystal" spin around the lightsabers tip.

You do realize that I'm on your side, yes? That being said, given your attitude, I don't particularly want to be. Reread and comprehend this time around.

I was actually the person that took that screenshot in a neutrally-lighted location specifically to show the difference.

Basiclly, If you have to stand them side by side to notice the difference it's to close.

You should be able to pick them out without thinking twice if it's supose to be unique

It doesn't matter. Everyone agrees that the crystals are different. Whether it's 1% or 99% different, they are different. No where in the advertising did the wording say that the exclusive crystal would be:

1) Exclusive forever and ever

2) Different from other crystals by X Amount of Pixel shading

All of you complaining really don't have a leg to stand on. The crystals are different. Whether they are different enough to you doesn't matter. The fact is they are different. I would have thought that, by now, all of the Occupiers would have told you that glazing over 1% isn't okay. =P

However coming in and just saying "LOL NO ARGUMENT OVER" is, trolling.
When you put something in quotation marks, the you're saying that someone actually said those words...

As far as I can tell, he didn't post that; can you link his post where he said that? It certainly isn't in the text that you quoted there.

What he posted and you quoted clearly isn't trolling; it disagrees with you, but that's not the same thing as trolling.

Edited by ferroz

It doesn't matter. Everyone agrees that the crystals are different. Whether it's 1% or 99% different, they are different. No where in the advertising did the wording say that the exclusive crystal would be:

1) Exclusive forever and ever

2) Different from other crystals by X Amount of Pixel shading

All of you complaining really don't have a leg to stand on. The crystals are different. Whether they are different enough to you doesn't matter. The fact is they are different. I would have thought that, by now, all of the Occupiers would have told you that glazing over 1% isn't okay. =P

Agreed. They are just trying to find justification for their purchase of a color crystal that came with a free mouse or headset.

You do realize that I'm on your side, yes? That being said, given your attitude, I don't particularly want to be. Reread and comprehend this time around.

I was actually the person that took that screenshot in a neutrally-lighted location specifically to show the difference.

yes sorry, I misread what you wrote. I just do not understand how people can insist that they are the same when they are different shades.

Did they reply you?

Waiting for my next flight, so I decided to check my email and this thread.

I got two replies. One from Bioware, one from Razer.

From Bioware.

Dear ______,

Thank you for your report regarding the Star Wars: The Old Republic community forums, and your concerns about the Green-black crystals available in-game.

We have forwarded your issue to the community team. Rest assured that it will be investigated thoroughly.

For future reference, we would ask that you please report all similar incidents directly to the community team at Communitysupport@swtor.com.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Matt

From Razer.

Hi ________,

Thanks for writing in, we’re looking at this matter and will get back to you shortly.

Best regards,

Ryan Chua

Razer|Harbinger

Marketing VP – Community

Email: ryan@razerzone.com

DID: +65 6505-2163

Just giving an update on the emails. Flight is about to come in so I won't be able to contribute (or just continue screaming and bashing heads) more.

To end this debate about "Free Crystal", it isn't free. It is specifically labeled ON THE PACKAGE as being part of the product, I.E. we PURCHASED an EXCLUSIVE AND UNIQUE (Exclusive stated BY BIOWARE in a response earlier posted) crystal. The crystal is no longer exclusive if one of sufficient similarity is given to the populous as a whole. (Also stated by Bioware that it was done because of community feedback) so that argument also has no leg to stand on.

I'd get a background in contract law before you try and debate further.

Again, they claimed the ONLY way to get one was the headset. That is the main reason I didn't get another brand that I like more, because I wanted THAT color crystal THAT bad. Then they go around and make it available in game with ONLY in game means?

It has nothing to do with me not wanting others to have a specific color, I already have a white blade for that, its me not wanting my "exclusive" crystal to be sold in game.

All this rage over a crystal? rofl... i really wonder whats the avg blood pressure of some of the players/posters on these forums...rofl

Hey everyone, we realize there’s some confusion over this so I just wanted to clarify a little.

The two color crystals being discussed are separate items and are subtly different in color. They are both essentially green, but as we are attempting to keep close to the ‘classic Star Wars’ lightsaber/blaster colors in The Old Republic, that was a deliberate choice by the design team.

As there’s been some debate over the different colors, I had some screenshots created that show off the two different crystals in use in a lightsaber. You can see the ‘SE Black Green Color Crystal’ here. (This is the crystal awarded to those who purchase Razer hardware.) You can see the ‘Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal’ here. (This is the crystal available as part of the Rakghoul Plague event.) For comparison, you can see both of them in use by a dual wielding Jedi Sentinel here.

For those who really want detail, I checked the RGB values of both crystals while in use. The ‘SE Black Green Color Crystal’ has RGB values of 217/255/9 at my sample point. The ‘Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal’ has RGB values of 188/255/17 at my sample point (as close as I could to the previous sample point).

While we understand some concerns that the two crystals are similar in color, we feel they’re distinct enough to be valid choices for any player. There are no current plans to alter either of the crystal colors in-game, however we're listening to your feedback on the issue and may potentially make changes in the future.

As a reminder, the Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal is currently only available in-game as part of the Rakghoul Plague event, by exchanging Rakghoul DNA samples with the event vendor.

Hey everyone, we realize there’s some confusion over this so I just wanted to clarify a little.

The two color crystals being discussed are separate items and are subtly different in color. They are both essentially green, but as we are attempting to keep close to the ‘classic Star Wars’ lightsaber/blaster colors in The Old Republic, that was a deliberate choice by the design team.

As there’s been some debate over the different colors, I had some screenshots created that show off the two different crystals in use in a lightsaber. You can see the ‘SE Black Green Color Crystal’ here. (This is the crystal awarded to those who purchase Razer hardware.) You can see the ‘Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal’ here. (This is the crystal available as part of the Rakghoul Plague event.) For comparison, you can see both of them in use by a dual wielding Jedi Sentinel here.

For those who really want detail, I checked the RGB values of both crystals while in use. The ‘SE Black Green Color Crystal’ has RGB values of 217/255/9 at my sample point. The ‘Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal’ has RGB values of 188/255/17 at my sample point (as close as I could to the previous sample point).

While we understand some concerns that the two crystals are similar in color, we feel they’re distinct enough to be valid choices for any player. There are no current plans to alter either of the crystal colors in-game, however we're listening to your feedback on the issue and may potentially make changes in the future.

As a reminder, the Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal is currently only available in-game as part of the Rakghoul Plague event, by exchanging Rakghoul DNA samples with the event vendor.

I have a pretty decent setup for my video card and monitor, and while I could see the difference between the two, it's hardly a "I'd MUCH rather have that green!" issue. They are so slight in difference, that if I passed that same jedi dual wielding those sabers, I'd have no idea he was using two different colors unless I looked close enough to strain my eyes a bit.

While I'm not part of this uprising on the color issue, it seems like a very low excuse to say "It's different because we changed the hue a few notches!".

Also, if you're trying to stay close to canon on the colors, does this mean that you've already run out? To the point that you have to adjust the hue in order to call our colors different? What we have now color wise, is what we get?

Like I said, I'm not part of the crowd that is upset about the color. The response on the subject is a bit irksome though.

This is not a satifactory response. They are far to similar...and as stated, you would have to be looking very closely not to assume they were the same. You would also require a pretty high quality setup and time to sit and stare at the 2 side by side to notice the subtle difference, which I assure you is VERY subtle and unless put in contrast and examined very carefully, you cannot tell.

Also, I would not use the excuse that they "are attempting to stay close to the classic Star Wars lightsaber colors" because never once, in any movie, production, merchandise, or in any game until now, have black lightsabers with any outer color glow existed. Don't get me wrong I like them, but that is certainly not traditional Star Wars colors nor is it even conventional. It is a unique circumstance of the Star Wars universe exclusive to this game (see what i did thar...unique...exclusive...).

Edited by XPROX

I have a pretty decent setup for my video card and monitor, and while I could see the difference between the two, it's hardly a "I'd MUCH rather have that green!" issue. They are so slight in difference, that if I passed that same jedi dual wielding those sabers, I'd have no idea he was using two different colors unless I looked close enough to strain my eyes a bit.

Agreed. The difference is barely noticeable, unless you know they're different beforehand and are actively trying to spot the differences. When you point out the differences you can see that one is slightly more yellow, but only after someone points it out.

We haven't 'run out' of colors, but generally we'll be staying closer to the 'classic' colors as seen in the movies - generally meaning green, red, blue, purple, orange/yellow etc.

Variations will exist, particularly in hue and core colors, and we will have unusual outliers such as the white lightsaber crystal that was available for a period of time before Game Update 1.2.

We haven't 'run out' of colors, but generally we'll be staying closer to the 'classic' colors as seen in the movies - generally meaning green, red, blue, purple, orange/yellow etc.

Variations will exist, particularly in hue and core colors, and we will have unusual outliers such as the white lightsaber crystal that was available for a period of time before Game Update 1.2.

Then why not 'orange-black' or 'blue-black' or 'red-black"? It seems like you still could have come up with some rewards that wouldn't be almost identical to one that was originally announced as an 'exclusive'.

Edited by amantheil

I have a pretty decent setup for my video card and monitor, and while I could see the difference between the two, it's hardly a "I'd MUCH rather have that green!" issue. They are so slight in difference, that if I passed that same jedi dual wielding those sabers, I'd have no idea he was using two different colors unless I looked close enough to strain my eyes a bit.While I'm not part of this uprising on the color issue, it seems like a very low excuse to say "It's different because we changed the hue a few notches!".

Also, if you're trying to stay close to canon on the colors, does this mean that you've already run out? To the point that you have to adjust the hue in order to call our colors different? What we have now color wise, is what we get?

Like I said, I'm not part of the crowd that is upset about the color. The response on the subject is a bit irksome though.

This. If I had purchased Razor and this came out later, I would be upset.

Also, I do not want to see Hello Kitty or Rainbow Brite crystals make their way into the game in the future.

The ‘SE Black Green Color Crystal’ has RGB values of 217/255/9 at my sample point. The ‘Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal’ has RGB values of 188/255/17 at my sample point (as close as I could to the previous sample point).

So in other words, it's about 1% darker?

All I can to this is...

I was going to get a Razer SWTOR headset to replace the one that broke on me. There are several I looked at with about the same quality etc. The fact that the Razer headset came with a crystal I couldn't get any other way was the tipping point in its favor. And then the Rakghoul event happened a week before payday, and lo and behold, I no longer need to go buy the Razer one for the crystal. Why? Because even on a hi res screen, the color difference is so minor I gave myself a headache trying to see your 'subtle' difference.

Yeah, sorry man, but there were already plenty of choices you guys could have gone with, blue black, red black, purple black, magenta black, cyan black, orange black, and those are just in game color crystals(or color+black variations) that are obtainable via purely in game methods. That would have been a much better option, and wouldn't have put a crunch on one of the hardware companies trying to support your brand, which your company, just undermined.

Just my two cents, as a consumer. And yes, thanks to this, unless something changes, instead of getting the Razer headset I'll probably get a Steel Series. So Stephen, you can tell the guys that thought it was different enough to not impact Razer sales that in one case at least, it did.