Rakata Relic Crits?

cshouston

Prior to patch 1.2, I was able to crit a Rakata relic in about three attempts. Since 1.2, and with changes in my gear, I want to switch to a different relic, so I spent all night crafting them. I burned through about 20 biometric crystal alloys (as well as 160 corusca gems, and other mats), no joke, and had zero crits.

Now, I understand the nature of RNG, but this seems a little bit ridiculous. Can anyone confirm that these are even still possible to crit craft post-1.2? Thank you.

I myself am now 0 for 37 on criting on a relic slot post patch so I would tend to believe that there is some hidden bug. I sent in a report to a CSR and they told me it's "working as designed". I'm pretty sure they are secretly screwing artifice and not letting anyone know.

By Campaign relics do you mean the new ones you can buy with daily coms. ?

If so how do you get those recipes ?

Artifice can RE the daily com relics, and has a 20% chance to learn to craft a BoE version of the relic.

Edited by DarthDemens

What mats would it require?

Well, I'll make the assumption that they all require the same mats as the one schematic I can make currently. (Campaign Relic of Boundless Ages)

In which case it is:

10xPrimeval Artifact Fragment

12xUpari Crystal

8xCorusca Gem

4xMolecular Stabilizer

2xSynthetic Energy Matrix

The Synthetic Energy Matrix are actually fairly easy to get, since you can get them from the Crafting Mats box for Fleet Commendations. The Molecular Stabilizer is the bottleneck for us, since we haven't gotten them from a box, only as drops.

I just received this message from a CSR.

"To set your expectations, the relics from the Artifice crew skill will not yield an augment slot even if a critical message is received."

So apparently you cannot crit on them anymore.

I hope that's not true for implants and Biochems too. I can go find a post from Georg where he had to alleviate some confusion he'd created about implants coming back with 2 on a crit. I was sure he said, 'nope, that was a mistake, you will still get augment slots.' I'll be pissed if I just tossed like 5 mil worth of the grade 8 purple mats making a bunch of Black Hole Implants that had no chance of critting...

I hope that's not true for implants and Biochems too. I can go find a post from Georg where he had to alleviate some confusion he'd created about implants coming back with 2 on a crit. I was sure he said, 'nope, that was a mistake, you will still get augment slots.' I'll be pissed if I just tossed like 5 mil worth of the grade 8 purple mats making a bunch of Black Hole Implants that had no chance of critting...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=399000

"All Campaign gear can also be reverse engineered for a chance to learn the associated schematic. For armor, this means a chance to learn the custom (orange) appearance of item, for implants, earpieces, mods, etc. This means learning to craft the item itself. All of these may be crafted critical for an additional augment slot or, in case of a mods, additional resulting items."

He specifies Campaign here, but all Black Hole can be REd as well except for the empty shell to get an orange.

Sounds like the CSR is wrong. I can't imagine they'd change it for Rakata but not for Campaign/Black Hole. That post is only like a week and a half old.

Edited by Seront

I just received this message from a CSR.

"To set your expectations, the relics from the Artifice crew skill will not yield an augment slot even if a critical message is received."

So apparently you cannot crit on them anymore.

I hope this is not true. Since 10 days I tried over 30 times to crit a relic and burned lot's of biometric crystal and corusca gems. Why BW didn't write such changes in the patch notes?